PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this... What's with the beaters on dubs?

AndyL
09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok, I have to ask...

Last week I was shaking my head over the 83(?) S10 on 24's I spotted down in foothills... Must have had 6 screens on his dash/windshield Belching so much blue I had to wonder if james bond was driving. One heck of a smoke screen.

But today it was a vette... No not a corvette - a Chevette riding on spinner 20's (yeah not just the cheap canadian tire spinner hubcaps). Look in the back hatch - Pair of 20" (?) JBL subs - super secure, I could have reached right through the rust hole to open that hatch...

Help me out - what am I missing here... WTF is up with these beaters riding on stupid $$$ rims with highzoot stereos? Spend 10g on rims to mount on a 200$ car?! :banghead:

eglove
09-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Sounds like someone is jealous lol

desto2para
09-17-2010, 01:38 PM
i always assume drug dealer :dunno:

M.alex
09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Simple - you can't buy a car on a credit card, but you sure as heck can charge rims and useless shit on it :D

turbotrip
09-17-2010, 07:58 PM
its called hood rich; and its a lifestyle choice

RecoilS14
09-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Simple - you can't buy a car on a credit card, but you sure as heck can charge rims and useless shit on it :D

A few years back, I bought a 1g talon on my credit card at an auction.

EvolizePhoto
09-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
its called hood rich; and its a lifestyle choice :rofl:

dj_rice
09-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
its called hood rich; and its a lifestyle choice

Upon Googling I found out there is 2 terms that almost mean the same thing but can't post it up due to bad word

Graham_A_M
09-17-2010, 10:24 PM
What colors was the S10? was it two tone blue?, with stickers on the back window? I think I may know where he lives, as I've driven past it on a couple of occasions. :dunno:

AndyL
09-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Think it was 2 tone... rust and maybe blue... maybe grey... maybe... ?! shit I dunno with the smoke screen and the rust it was hard to tell :) Not sure on the back window - think it was plywood on the topper.

Graham_A_M
09-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Nevermind then, different S10.

Disoblige
09-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Upon Googling I found out there is 2 terms that almost mean the same thing but can't post it up due to bad word
lol.

AndyL
09-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Nevermind then, different S10.
So there's a second? :banghead:

slinkie
09-18-2010, 01:37 PM
riddle me this...whats with the volks on base civics

Go4Long
09-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by slinkie
riddle me this...whats with the volks on base civics

lol...game, set, and match

Graham_A_M
09-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by AndyL

So there's a second? :banghead:
Um yeah....LOL I'll snap & post some pics when I have a chance.
I decided on leaving my camera in my car for posting up some of the shit I see around Calgary, especially after yesterday, seeing this CRV.....
Its license plate was "PMPDOUT" If you saw the stickers, rims & fake vents you'd know why that was deserving of its own thread. Good God.... :facepalm:

It was a disgrace to everything automotive. Man.... I REALLY wish I had a camera with me. :thumbsdow

It was honestly an Internet Meme in the making.... if only you saw that thing. It was one of those things that has the tendency to grace almost every automotive forum of what NOT to do with an SUV. :nut:

jj83civic
09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Um yeah....LOL I'll snap & post some pics when I have a chance.
I decided on leaving my camera in my car for posting up some of the shit I see around Calgary, especially after yesterday, seeing this CRV.....
Its license plate was "PMPDOUT" If you saw the stickers, rims & fake vents you'd know why that was deserving of its own thread. Good God.... :facepalm:

It was a disgrace to everything automotive. Man.... I REALLY wish I had a camera with me. :thumbsdow

It was honestly an Internet Meme in the making.... if only you saw that thing. It was one of those things that has the tendency to grace almost every automotive forum of what NOT to do with an SUV. :nut:

This post.... You are Gay.

Graham_A_M
09-18-2010, 11:54 PM
^ awwww.... all butt hurt after this post I made?
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=315750&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

:rofl:

Guillermo
09-19-2010, 12:10 AM
^^he sent me a PM out of the blue that said "I rape you mother."

My mother has been deceased for 11 years. Talk about class, eh?

911fever
09-19-2010, 12:23 AM
:rofl: @ the fgt's in this thread

Scuderia
09-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
^^he sent me a PM out of the blue that said "I rape you mother."

My mother has been deceased for 11 years. Talk about class, eh?

Lol he sent me like 5 pms saying some weird shit like "if you suck cock I will too". Too bad, I was starting to feel special, thinking I was the only one he was messaging.

Awd-Tsi
09-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia

Lol he sent me like 5 pms saying some weird shit like "if you suck cock I will too". Too bad, I was starting to feel special, thinking I was the only one he was messaging. lol@ the comments on your trader rating :rofl:

Guillermo
09-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia

Lol he sent me like 5 pms saying some weird shit like "if you suck cock I will too". Too bad, I was starting to feel special, thinking I was the only one he was messaging.

He does that often, I think. I know I've gotten PMs from him in the past, when he was using a different username of course. He usually only lasts for about 5 or 10 posts before his account is banned. And unlike a "good" troll who is just being silly, his only purpose is to come on here and throw insults around. Get a life.

Scuderia
09-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo

He does that often, I think. I know I've gotten PMs from him in the past, when he was using a different username of course. He usually only lasts for about 5 or 10 posts before his account is banned. And unlike a "good" troll who is just being silly, his only purpose is to come on here and throw insults around. Get a life.

lmao I think he's pretty funny, I just don't get how a grown man (presumably) has the time to come on a car forum daily just to insult people he will never meet, get banned, and then do it all again.:confused: