PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Helmets?

Skrilla
09-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Just wondering if someone would recommend a site to order a new helmet from...want a full face w/visor. I found a site called Revzilla.com...anyone every used them? Prices and shipping are great..

Suggestions??

lesreynolds
09-20-2010, 01:22 PM
MotoMummy (http://www.motomummy.com/store/home.php) Is a site I generally look over. There is another one but to be honest I cant remember it and I don't have it saved to my work laptop.

codetrap
09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
I've used Revzilla before. They're ok. Like pretty much any other online retailer.

03ozwhip
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM
ridersdiscount.com or baysideperformance.ca( this one is canadian based)

Go4Long
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
eBay...just ordered my AGV GP-Tech off there, it shipped today...happy birthday to me :D

as it's been mentioned in this forum numerous times, go to blackfoot or somewhere similar and try on the helmets to make sure you find one that fits you correctly...don't just order one that you think will fit.

03ozwhip
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
eBay...just ordered my AGV GP-Tech off there, it shipped today...happy birthday to me :D

as it's been mentioned in this forum numerous times, go to blackfoot or somewhere similar and try on the helmets to make sure you find one that fits you correctly...don't just order one that you think will fit.

amen, try the helmets on first. i bought an icon that i never tried on and even in a small it didnt fit properly but a small Shoei fits awesome. all the brands fit differently. also ebay is where i got my Shoei from. very cheap, saved a few hundred bucks over local.

Go4Long
09-20-2010, 09:34 PM
I got my GP-Tech for $330 US($369.90 with shipping)...same helmet locally is $949...little bit of a savings me thinks

We should start a post your lid thread :D

swak
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
HOOLLLYYY...

What makes that helmet worth so much more? ($5-700 more at that than most lids)???
I just googled it and didn't see that big a difference from my hjc..

EDIT: Also found this site when looking for a new jacket, www.kneedraggers.com

Go4Long
09-21-2010, 09:49 AM
if you've never worn anything other than an HJC it's hard to explain...

better ventilation, lighter, better construction, WAY better padding, HJC's pack in like crazy while the upper level helmets don't...

Crash rating wise they're all pretty similar to be honest, and with better ventilation for the most part comes more noise(with the exception of HJC which is just fuggin loud regardless)...Shoei's are amongst the quietest helmets though, and really well ventilated, Arai's are REALLY well ventilated but the side pods whistle at speed, and they are much louder than a Shoei(although apparently the new Shoei X-11 is pretty loud, I haven't ridden with one of those yet)

Skrilla
09-21-2010, 10:05 AM
thanks for the help ...will definitely go try the helmet on locally first:thumbsup:

swak
09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
if you've never worn anything other than an HJC it's hard to explain...

better ventilation, lighter, better construction, WAY better padding, HJC's pack in like crazy while the upper level helmets don't...

Crash rating wise they're all pretty similar to be honest, and with better ventilation for the most part comes more noise(with the exception of HJC which is just fuggin loud regardless)...Shoei's are amongst the quietest helmets though, and really well ventilated, Arai's are REALLY well ventilated but the side pods whistle at speed, and they are much louder than a Shoei(although apparently the new Shoei X-11 is pretty loud, I haven't ridden with one of those yet)

Makes sense....

Its hard to believe, but the HJC i have is an upgrade to my last helmet (lets leave that to your imagination then as to how good that was then haha)... To me right now the HJC feels like gold.
But yes it still gets loud..

03ozwhip
09-21-2010, 10:58 AM
ive tried on alot of helmet brands and the only helmet that fits my head *properly* is Shoei. also shoei is one of the easiest to swap shields while Arai is the worst.

theyre all gonna have some wind noise regardless but my Shoei is pretty quiet. swak if you think your HJC is gold, for shits n giggles, try some others on youll switch in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

Go4Long
09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Arai is not the worst for swapping visors...suomy is the worst.

I can swap my Arai RX7 visor in like 30 seconds.

swak
09-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
swak if you think your HJC is gold, for shits n giggles, try some others on youll switch in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

ahaha... yeah, sounds good in theory, but in the end i'll just be out ~$600 finding that need to get helmet.

Where would you guys say icon helmets fit in the running for awesome helmets?

Go4Long
09-21-2010, 11:45 AM
just above HJC...and you can get great helmets for under $400 shipped on ebay all day long.

japan_us
09-21-2010, 12:14 PM

We should start a post your lid thread :D

Good idea! :thumbsup:

Post your helmets (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316203)

codetrap
09-23-2010, 08:21 AM
I talked to the hearing guys at costco. Custom fitted earplugs for $45/ear. You supply the headphones.

rony_espana
09-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Just got a new RF1100 in matter black for $345 shipped! It was off ebay, brand new, it was one of those best offer auctions.

bjstare
09-23-2010, 11:48 AM
just above HJC...

Isn't ICON made my HJC, thus making them very similar (or the same) on the inside?