PDA

View Full Version : Shaw HD PVR Problems...

Jeremiah
09-17-2010, 08:27 PM
I've had my HDPVR since shortly after it came out.

I used it for my game room so I could watch football and the like in HD without having to go through the hassle of arranging something for my girlfriend to do without nagging me on a sunday lol...

Anyways, I haven't really used it much lately, actually it wasn't even plugged in, so i decided to move it to my living room so I could watch HD there and record programs.

I moved it over, and i got a message that says Programing should be available shortly on the guide. It didn't come on after 30 minutes so I called shaw. Waited on hold for an hour talked to a guy, he reset the box, and now whenever I turn it on it says DL and I'm unable to shut it off, and he isn't able to get access to it. He kept saying that there was no signal thats why and that they have to make a service call.

Now, its been saying DL for the past little while, and I'm wondering if its actually downloading some new software or something? Like i said i haven't used it in a long time and I know that they've made some changes to the HD service recently so could it be that?

Now I can't even get the guide to pull up or anything.

After disconnecting coaxle cables, crawling around on the ground making sure all the connections are right, disconnecting spliters, changing cords, I'm pretty aggravated. Does anyone know if its just my box upgrading to a new system or if it indeed is getting a poor signal. (My other box, which is just a regular digital cable terminal works absolutely fine)

Jeremiah
09-17-2010, 09:20 PM
update, it finished, and the pvr turned back on but nothing on the screen, i started flipping through channels and channel 14 worked. wtf? but no sounds... so i left it there for 15 minutes and then the guide turned on and so did the sound, but no other channel works, they all say not authorized...

lol waiting on hold for shaw again.

Muji
09-18-2010, 10:03 AM
There was a software update, made the user interface more like 1994, for Shaw this seems OK. Wait on hold and talk to the rep and keep him on the call until you have exactly what you need to have. Do not let him go until it is perfect.

Jeremiah
09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah it ended up working.

After waiting a good hour or so sound came on and the guide started working but only channel 14 was giving reception, i waited on hold for another hour the guy clicked one button and the tv was working

god so annoying lol thanks