PDA

View Full Version : Anyone paranoid over cracked windshields?

copynpaste
09-18-2010, 12:27 AM
And always need a 100% mint windshield all the time? EVen if its a small crack in the corner or bottom or very top, it still bothers me. I know few others like this too.

CapnCrunch
09-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste
And always need a 100% mint windshield all the time? EVen if its a small crack in the corner or bottom or very top, it still bothers me. I know few others like this too.

Mines cracked all to shit with rock chips everywhere. I have other things to worry about. Like why I'm at work at 7am on a Saturday.

AndyL
09-18-2010, 07:28 AM
You live in the wrong place to get OCD over the windshield :D

I'm at the point where I wait until I think it's a structural issue... If I can see through it - we're good :)

MM99lude
09-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

Mines cracked all to shit with rock chips everywhere. I have other things to worry about. Like why I'm at work at 7am on a Saturday.

Hey you aren't the only one, I've been here at the office for an hour already too... and my windshield looks marginally better then a spiders web.

infected
09-18-2010, 09:48 AM
It's pretty quick and easy to get chips repaired before the weather gets cold and crack your windshield with the defrost. Do we need a Beyond windshield repair group buy? :D

Guillermo
09-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Off topic, but I just want to say that people who are at work at 7 on the weekend FUCKING RULE. keep up the fine work, gents!

EDIT: (but why are you surfing beyond hahah???) can't you be at home if your gonna do that?)

Go4Long
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
because when you surf the internet at work you get paid to do it...
also been at work since 7 this morning. CP Rail ftw

and on topic I could give a shit about the windshield...if I can see it's good enough for me.

BokCh0y
09-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long

and on topic I could give a shit about the windshield...if I can see it's good enough for me.

THIS.

maxomilll
09-18-2010, 12:55 PM
My windshield fell out months ago. I just wear goggles now..

Neil4Speed
09-18-2010, 01:02 PM
My dad is - always telling me "nothing makes a car look mint than a perfect windshield"

Recently I had a stone ship come and hit the windscreen right in my line of sight, I should probably go get it filled. For me, it is fine as long as its not cracked.

I think I am lucky though, something about the roads I travel on, I get very few stone chips (touch wood).

black13
09-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Depends if its in the drivers view or not. I got the first rock chip ever last and got it repaired the next week.
It didn't bother me or nothing since it was so small and on the passenger side but with calgary winter it'd creep its way onto the drivers side eventually.

Awd-Tsi
09-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I remember seeing these mexican guys cruising down glenmore, and I was thinking"wow what a clean windshield", when we got closer I noticed their hair was blowing and there was nothing there :rofl:

gyu
09-18-2010, 03:49 PM
^LOL wtf

Pollywog
09-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

Lol, that gave me a good laugh.

Sentry
09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't mind it. Pisses me off a little when I get a fresh chip, but I'm not replacing it unless it's proper fucked.

A side note, my windshield is all old and sandblasted from years of use. When I face into the sun (when it's setting or rising) I get hardcore glare. Anything I can do about it besides replacing it?

copynpaste
09-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Just got a brand new OEM windshield done at Cal-Alta on Edm Trail. Only took an hour $225 and ill claim it through insurance next week.

Graham_A_M
09-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Sentry
I don't mind it. Pisses me off a little when I get a fresh chip, but I'm not replacing it unless it's proper fucked.

A side note, my windshield is all old and sandblasted from years of use. When I face into the sun (when it's setting or rising) I get hardcore glare. Anything I can do about it besides replacing it?
No, just replace it. There comes to a point where its pointless to be fixing the rockchips of your current windshield, and to just replace it. I think you're well beyond that point. At $30 per rockchip fix, VS. a brandnew windshield its not hard to do the math, as to whens a good time to just let it go, and get a new one after a while.

If mine is overly-cracked I replace it. Mines getting pretty badly pitted, so Im not fixing any of the rockchips. Once they start to spider-web and ruin the windshield, I'll replace it, but until then Im fine. :dunno:
(at half a dozen rock chips, plus bad sand blasting, I dont mind paying the $300 for a new windshield)

ryder_23
09-19-2010, 05:13 AM
http://www.firstgenmc.com/museum/aceventura.jpg