PDA

View Full Version : Trouble finding a job

BLUE95GT
12-26-2003, 09:10 PM
I have tried many places without luck. I just need a job that pays well so I can afford to go back to school full time in Sept.

Anyone have any ideas?
I am starting to run out of ideas.

Thanks
Adam

Shaolin
12-26-2003, 09:19 PM
pays well.. what do you mean? i'm assuming you have a preference in what field you want to get into.

BLUE95GT
12-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
pays well.. what do you mean? i'm assuming you have a preference in what field you want to get into.

I really don't have that much preference on what field. Whatever pays the bills, kind of thing. I would prefer not to be doing manual labour though. But I will do it if I can't find anything else.
As far as pay I suppose I would consider staring at $10/h somewhere. As long as fast advancement was avaliable. I would prefer starting somewhere that starts you off at a higher rate though.

C_CRX
12-27-2003, 12:35 PM
ok ok.. So you want a slack job that starts @ $10+/hour and fast advancement? Good luck finding that! Places these days don't just hire HS graduates for those types of positions.

If you want fast money I suggest being a oilfield worker. I know with my company we start shop time at $10/hour (8hour days) and field time is usually over $200/day. But be warned that it's a lot of time outside (12hour shifts are the norm), hard labour and away from home usually. Just a suggestion but the way you said things- I don't think you'd last long in this position. HTH

FiveFreshFish
12-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BLUE95GT
...so I can afford to go back to school full time in Sept.

Originally posted by BLUE95GT
As long as fast advancement was avaliable.

Not sure how much advancement you expect in 8 months. If the company knows you're not in it for the long run, they won't advance you as far.

Ben
12-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by C_CRX
ok ok.. So you want a slack job that starts @ $10+/hour and fast advancement? Good luck finding that! Places these days don't just hire HS graduates for those types of positions.

If you want fast money I suggest being a oilfield worker. I know with my company we start shop time at $10/hour (8hour days) and field time is usually over $200/day. But be warned that it's a lot of time outside (12hour shifts are the norm), hard labour and away from home usually. Just a suggestion but the way you said things- I don't think you'd last long in this position. HTH

I was making well over 10 bucks an hour right out of highschool, taking breaks whenever I felt like it and for as long as I wanted. so dont say its not possible. This was also with one of the largest companies in Canada.

BLUE95GT
12-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by C_CRX

I am not looking for a slack job. When I work I work hard. But I don't want to bust my ass for $8/h. It's hard enough trying to even get by making $10/h. I know there are jobs out there that start you off at higher rates. I just haven't been able to find them. By fast advancement I just mean if I start off at $10/h, I would want to be making $11.50 or more by Sept. Of course I would expect to have to work my ass off to get ahead.

l/l/rX
12-27-2003, 09:52 PM
secretary. pays bout...$12-$15/h.

over the summer you can do land scaping er something. just throwing out some ideas.

FiveFreshFish
12-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Work as a waiter at Earl's or similar type of restaurant.

You'll easily make more than $10 per hour with tips, and you can cut back the hours when you go back to school in September.

max_boost
12-27-2003, 11:29 PM
To add on what Fish's idea.....Land a bartending job somewhere

How about delivering pizza? Easily pull in $2000/month

You can make decent coin in any field, if you are persuasive, why not sales?

If you don't mind the hard work, get a labor type job in the day and something else easy part time. Sure you'll work long hours but the payoff will be worth it if it's a short term thing. I work close to 70hour weeks at times, it's awesome

Shaolin
12-28-2003, 02:54 AM
a couple of my friends used to work their part time job and then deliver pizza afterwards.. was crazy how much money they were able to make.. but on other days they wouldn't make as much, but still pretty good for doing next to nothing.

Nadz
01-04-2004, 11:31 PM
try a cell phone store like bell or rogers or telus
ma bro works at bell and he makes $10 a hour flat plus commission which is usually about 5-10 a hour
so ure making ezily 15/hr which is preety good.

logix
01-04-2004, 11:42 PM
delivering pizza makes that much money?? whoa! i should think about changing my current job haha