PDA

View Full Version : How events tickets work?

shakalaka
09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Ok so I am kinda new at this so I am not sure exactly how this works.

I am looking to buy a couple of tickets to Arcade Fire. When I go on Ticketmaster.ca and try to search, I am unable to find any tickets. So I assume that they have all been sold?

I then google 'calgary event tickets' and couple of websites popped up like findticketsfast.com and calgaryeventstickets.com. So I went on those and searched for the same event and am able to find some tickets on these websites. Although the prices seem to be drastically more than what ticketmaster states. They say that the prices are in US dollars as well and says that tickets are shipped from US. What I am wondering is if these tickets are actually legit? How are they able to have all these tickets and sell them at that big of a price difference? If I decide to go ahead and purchase the tickets from one of those websites, will they actually be delivered or how does it all work?:dunno:

Thanks in advance guys.

know1edge
09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
yea um when the tickets go on sale some robot or 30 different dudes grab shit load of tickets or something.
i dunno.

just try ebay or kijiji

[Yu]
09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
If you go to stub hub, 4 days prior to the event, hard copy tickets drop massively in price, and if they are still there, you can easily get the tickets in time, as it is overnight shipping.

Also, if you are not super keen on getting tickets to make sure you get to see the show. Last concert I went to at saddle dome, the day of, ticket master released floor row 1-3 tickets for face value.

EDIT:

Here is a link for you

http://www.stubhub.com/the-arcade-fire-tickets/arcade-fire-calgary-9-26-2010-990456/

shakalaka
09-19-2010, 11:03 PM
So you're suggesting that I wait till the 22nd to check on stubhub.com for the tickets as the concert is on the 26th? I personally don't really care much about Arcade Fire but the gf really likes their music. I figured it would be a nice surprise for her. So it would be nice if I am able to find a couple tickets.

[Yu]
09-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Yea thats what I suggest, to be honest, the last concert I went to was to surprise my gf as well lol.

If your gf doesn't know about you getting it, you might as well wait. That way if you succeed and get some floor seats, you will be pimpin. If you don't, it wasn't like she was expecting you to get her tickets anyways. Also, you can purchase stub hub electronic delivery tickets as well.

For example, you wait for stub hub 4 days prior, and no tickets drop to where you want them. You wait until day of concert, ticket master doesn't release any new tickets. Go back to stubhub to make sure that you can buy electronic delivery ones. Purchase it, wait a few minutes, and you can print the tickets out.

shakalaka
09-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Yea she doesn't have a clue about this, so if it works it would be awesome. I do like your idea though, guess I will be doing that.

Will check that website on the 22nd and see if there are any tickets for a decent price. If not wait until the day of the concert and check out ticketmaster, if still no luck go back and purchase the online tickets from stubhub. Offcourse it'll be contingent on whether stubhub has any 'instant download' tickets available at the time.

Although just looking at stubhub right now, the tickets that have 'instant download' checked are only available in the quantity of 4's. Would that change as well near the time cause I only need to buy 2 tickets, even if they are the online one's and not the hard copies.

psycoticclown
09-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Don't you mean your bf doesn't have a clue your getting him arcade fire tickets? :P

shakalaka
09-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Ok so I purchased some e-tickets from a website. I got the confirmation and the seller even emailed me the tickets and all. Now I have never done this before so I am not too sure, on the e-tickets, there is a name and it is of some other person. I am guessing the person who originally bought the tickets. That shouldn't make a difference right? I should be able to go to the venue and watch the show without any problems right?

Ended up paying $220US for the tickets that would have been under $60 each had I purchased on time. lol Ah well..suppose the gf will be very happy, so doesn't really matter I guess.

theken
09-23-2010, 02:07 AM
u got raped, scalpers would have been like 80 bucks.

shakalaka
09-23-2010, 10:52 PM
I know I paid way too much...but I guess you can't put a price on certain things, plus I didn't want to take a chance.

Anyway what I am wondering now though is, if it matters whose name it is on the ticket. Cause it's a random name and like I said most likely the person who bought the tickets originally. That shouldn't matter right? I should be able to go to the event and enter by using those tickets?

[Yu]
09-23-2010, 10:54 PM
it does not matter, i have done it multiple times.

shakalaka
09-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Sweet! I am excited about Sunday now. Just need to print those e-tickets now. Can't wait to see the reaction on her face. As a random question the other day, I asked her what band she would like to see the most and she said either Coldplay or Arcade Fire. I just smiled to myself. Haha They aren't the best seats, I think they are on the West side, row 12 or something, but I guess beggars can't be choosers, plus I am sure she'd be very happy regardless.

toyboy88
09-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Probably too late now, but did you check Kijiji out first? Bunch on there still right now for it...

Kijiji is usually pretty decent for Flames/Concerts/etc.

shakalaka
09-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Yup did check Kijiji, most of the one's I saw were about $200. I emailed a whole bunch of people from there and only got two responses back. One said they were sold and the other chick said she has them for $200. I asked for her number to organize a meet, but she never replied. So just went ahead and ordered them online.

The sub hub website was the one I tried ordering from first, but every ticket option I'd chose it kept saying the date is too close and tickets can't be shipped to your address. No e-tickets on there were being sold as a pair of two, only 4's instead. Even called their customer service but she pretty much said, can't do anything about it.

So I ended up ordering from findticketsfast.com. Had e-tickets on there for $90 each or something and for the pair it came up to $222US or something like that after service charge and all that. Got the email with the attachment of the tickets a little later. Offcourse it would have been nice if I had gotten them for what they were supposed to cost, but I guess I am just happy that I got my hands on them.

Muji
09-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Join the fan clubs of the bands you want to someday see. Memberships are free or a few bucks and normally you get a bunch of band products in exchange for the membership. You will then have priority access to concert tickets. Sign up for an AmEx card, they sponsor concerts as well and have a priority system in place. Get on the email list for TicketMaster, you will then know when the concerts are taking place.

The fan club route and AmEx are the best routes to good tickets at proper prices in North America.

I hate dealing with scalpers, but they need to move tickets once the concert starts and the prices drop quickly enough. Not a sure thing getting access though.

pyroza
09-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I know this thread is a bit older, but how was the show OP? I'm seeing Arcade Fire on Sunday in Berkeley and I'm stoked

shakalaka
09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
The show was awesome actually! It went really well, they put a lot of energy/effort and it's quite evident from their performance. I made a couple of HD videos of my gf's favorite songs, whenever they did them. They did a lot of their old stuff, as well as some stuff from their new album. It was particularly good for me, since it worked out exactly the way I had hoped. Gf didn't have a clue and didn't find out until we got inside and she saw the t-shirts for sale, her reaction was absolutely priceless. That just made the show a whole lot better for me. :D