PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Empire

Pages : [1] 2

[GaGe]
09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Did anyone else watch the pilot this week? Seems like a pretty good series so far.

It's based on the gangsters from the Prohibition era: Nucky Johnson, Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Johnny Torrio, Arnold Rothstein, etc.

l/l/rX
09-21-2010, 10:16 PM
i liked the pilot a lot! only the pilot though was directed by scorcesse(sp?) we'll see how the rest of the ep's pan out.

but so far so good.

booze, naked chicks, shotguns, blown off heads, money. yea.

ronaldo
09-21-2010, 10:33 PM
I enjoyed the first episode, it'll be interesting to see how the show pans out

spike98
09-21-2010, 10:39 PM
I love the sopranos feel of this show. It was fantastic. Good to see a lot of the same players. Apparently to make the pilot it ran about $18 million :eek:

almerick
09-27-2010, 06:48 PM
So far so good, doesn't seem like many people know about this show though even though the ads everywhere!

beyond_ban
09-27-2010, 07:24 PM
HBO im guessing? I think i remember seeing ads for it before new episodes of entourage came on.

Jlude
09-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for posting, I'll have to check this show out.

TeamBestBud
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
"what the fuck are you doing?"

Making a statement.

JfuckinC
09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Good show, watched the first two episodes. This second one obviously wasn't as good as the first, so we'll see how it goes.

Jlude
09-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Watched the first episode, took me a bit to get into it, but was pleased with it. Gonna watch the second episode tonight.

DGill
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
The show seems interesting, watched the first 2 episodes. HBO never lets me down :D

[GaGe]
09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud
"what the fuck are you doing?"

Making a statement.

Al Capone's fucking awesome haha. Most entertaining character so far.

SRT
10-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Anyone else watching this?

Chronicles the life and times of Nucky Thompson, the undisputed ruler of Atlantic City, who was equal parts politician and gangster.

With Steve Buscemi as Nucky and Martin Scorsese is involved too. Its on HBO on Sundays, its pretty good so far!

LadyLuck
10-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Repost (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/316266/boardwalk-empire/)

P.S Good Show :thumbsup:

beyond_ban
10-12-2010, 10:08 AM
I can't seem to find a good torrent for any episode other then the pilot...

Anyone got a good link?

dj_rice
10-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I can't seem to find a good torrent for any episode other then the pilot...

Anyone got a good link?

EZTV.net

or use Piratebay.org

sabad66
10-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Eztv.it for any tv show

civic_stylez
10-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Watched the pilot last night.. love it so far... really well done. I hope the rest are good and the show keeps up with the pilot. Wahlberg is kickin ass on HBO.:thumbsup:

T-Dubbs
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Great show
cant wait for more episodes

Jlude
10-25-2010, 12:15 AM
great episode tonight!

civic_stylez
10-25-2010, 09:26 AM
The show is getting crazy!! Now all the turf wars are going to start..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: For crazy gunfight and increased titty content.

bourge73
10-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Ive been watching this lately, awesome show. FYI if some of you havent watched it, its free on VOD (SHAW) HBO. first 4 episodes,

C_Dave45
11-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by bourge73
Ive been watching this lately, awesome show. FYI if some of you havent watched it, its free on VOD (SHAW) HBO. first 4 episodes, :facepalm: sheesh. Why didn't I check there first. I searched for torrents. Downloaded 10 gigs worth of 720p MKV files...converted to VOB...copied onto the PS3 harddrive...lol. Oh well. Love the show. Tends to get a little slow at times, but still good.

dezmarez
10-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Anyone watched the first 2 episodes?

Thoughts?

viff3r
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
This is the best show on TV by far. Last night's episode was crraaaazzzyyy. I'm loving how this season is shaping up.

88CRX
10-24-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm almost starting to like this show more than Dexter :nut:

So good!

civic_stylez
10-24-2011, 03:16 PM
I cant believe Eli killed the mayor!! The shit is totally gonna hit the fan. STOKED for whats going to happen next. Jimmy is going to start knocking people off i think..

dirtsniffer
10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
whoa spoiler alert:thumbsdow

TeamBestBud
10-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
I cant believe Eli killed the mayor!! The shit is totally gonna hit the fan. STOKED for whats going to happen next. Jimmy is going to start knocking people off i think..

Its not the mayor...

88CRX
10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Spoiler alert? It was on tv last night lol.

And yea I thought he said mayor.... but he didn't look familiar. Who's was he?

DGill
10-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Its not the mayor...
This. It was a good episode though.

TeamBestBud
10-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

George something, he's one of the aldermen and he was going to testify against Nucky.

civic_stylez
10-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

I heard mayor too..the tensions are building though.. going to get good here soon. Anxious to see more of Al Capone and if the IRA get more involved.

LongCity
10-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Man, did not expect to see Driver style face bashing or the scalping. Anyone see the scenes for the next episode or episodes at the end? Show is getting intense!

Guillermo
10-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
whoa spoiler alert:thumbsdow

this, not everyone has seen all of the episodes yet.

sexualbanana
10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Guillermo

this, not everyone has seen all of the episodes yet.

Can't click on a thread about a show and not think there's the possibility of spoilers. I made it a point not to click on this thread until I finally got around to watching it yesterday. And it was really hard

JfuckinC
10-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Can't click on a thread about a show and not think there's the possibility of spoilers. I made it a point not to click on this thread until I finally got around to watching it yesterday. And it was really hard

lol no doubt, you guys are retarded :rofl:

sexualbanana
10-28-2011, 09:43 AM
And man, this episode was way more graphic than I expected. :eek:

DGill
10-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Spoilers on beyond threads are as common as mcdonalds drive thru people fucking up your order

JfuckinC
10-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by DGill
Spoilers on beyond threads are as common as mcdonalds drive thru people fucking up your order

my orders are always perfect...

and yah holy shit, buddy bashing that guys head in :nut:

88CRX
10-28-2011, 10:05 AM
If it's been on tv then it can be discussed. I see no problem with this. If you're downloading torrents and coming in here a week before the episode airs then spoiler alert it. Pretty simple.

And yes, that last episode was pretty damn gory.

95teetee
11-11-2011, 09:46 AM
any further reviews on this show from you guys?

seeing ads lately, but never really noticed anything about it until recently-worth downloading and catching up on?

jav_
11-11-2011, 10:00 AM
watch it

dj_rice
11-11-2011, 10:23 AM
That scene where the guy cuts off the old dudes scalp. Pretty damn gruesome but :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LongCity
11-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Damn, no one watching this anymore or what?
Crazy ending to that last episode!

calgarydub
11-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Watching, but its slow goin.

What is with the storyline with Margaret? She's kinda getting annoying. Shes such a wreck and she steals a lot of the airtime. Seems like 50% of each episode is dedicated to her story.

JfuckinC
11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LongCity
Damn, no one watching this anymore or what?
Crazy ending to that last episode!

holy shit NO DOUBT haha i was like wtf?!

This show is good if you can follow the plot. :eek:

DGill
11-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by calgarydub

What is with the storyline with Margaret? She's kinda getting annoying. Shes such a wreck and she steals a lot of the airtime. Seems like 50% of each episode is dedicated to her story.
Agreed. Sometimes I end up forwarding through her parts because I get so frustrated. Other then that the show is getting pretty intense. :thumbsup:

LongCity
11-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

holy shit NO DOUBT haha i was like wtf?!

This show is good if you can follow the plot. :eek:

Didn't think he would do it but Manny's a bad motherfucker.
I wanna know how Jimmy will retaliate.

jav_
12-06-2011, 03:19 AM
pretty crazy whats happened so far....everybody is crumbling down

LongCity
12-06-2011, 04:30 AM
WTF! Jimmy... Disgusting...

civic_stylez
12-06-2011, 10:24 AM
The IRA dealings will get interesting. The power struggle amongst jimmy, al and lucky is gonna get intense soon and its weird to see Nucky and Rothstein working together. It will be young vs old soon... cant wait. Show is intense.

Proyecto2000
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
WTF! Jimmy... Disgusting...

:barf:

JfuckinC
12-06-2011, 10:50 AM
AHAHAHA can't believe that happened, my friends were beaking it at the start and saying those two were going to fuck cause they didn't know that they were related and think the show is stupid... and i was like no, they wouldn't do that, that's fucking weird..

but wow :barf: lol

i think that creepy skinny fucker is gunna stir shit up.

LongCity
12-08-2011, 12:01 PM
AHAHAHA can't believe that happened, my friends were beaking it at the start and saying those two were going to fuck cause they didn't know that they were related and think the show is stupid... and i was like no, they wouldn't do that, that's fucking weird..

but wow :barf: lol

i think that creepy skinny fucker is gunna stir shit up.

Mickey Doyle?

I don't know what the show is really based on. I know it's the prohibition era but it's mixed with real life characters from the past and some fictional. Nucky isn't real but Rothstein is. The younger group is real but Jimmy isn't (not sure about Mickey). Each of the real characters have enough significance to have a story of their own. Never realized that Lucky's partner in the shoe was actually Meyer Lansky (didn't catch them say the name).

TheCheff
12-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Question: Is Manny russian or jewish???

also, JIMMY BANGED HIS MOM HAHAHA no wonder he fucking went to the war haha talk about awkward.

Also I do believe Nucky Thompson was a real person just different name then real life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_L._Johnson

LongCity
12-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Ahhh k, gotcha. So I wonder if all the people are real then. Was Jimmy real too just under a different guise?

CMW403
12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
LOL I was wondering when somebody was gonna bump this thread.

I watch this show religiously and this last episode blew me away.

If you are thinking about getting into this show, DO IT. But make sure your girlfriend/wife either shuts the fuck up or leaves the room because if you miss anything you will get bored and not enjoy it. There are a lot of subtleties.

CMW403
12-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Ahhh k, gotcha. So I wonder if all the people are real then. Was Jimmy real too just under a different guise?

I thought I remember reading somewhere that they were all based on real people but some of their names were changed for some reason. Don't quote me on that though.

JfuckinC
12-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Wow that was fucked

88CRX
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow that was fucked

:werd:

TeamBestBud
12-14-2011, 12:24 AM
What. The. Fuck.

Proyecto2000
12-14-2011, 12:37 AM
I dont know if I liked the season finale :banghead:

vtec4life
12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
It was pretty sweet.

It's sad to see Jimmy go but it had to be done. It's F'd up that he took his brother back though. Eli is a piece of shit.
I'm mostly curious to see how long it takes Nucky to kill that wife of his. When she signed the land deed to the church?!?!?! She's gonna pay for that.

DGill
12-14-2011, 10:01 AM
The finale was good but i dont know if im happy how things played out, I was hoping he would off Eli, as for Margret :banghead: what a stupid bitch.

JfuckinC
12-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Margeret needs to get fucking cut into pieces... That land was worth millions!!

I kinda wanted to see Jimmy Kill the ukrainian guy or whatever and maybe hook up with Nucky and take everyone else out..

I'm still trying to figure out if i liked the finale or not haha..

CanmoreOrLess
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by vtec4life
It was pretty sweet.

It's sad to see Jimmy go but it had to be done. It's F'd up that he took his brother back though. Eli is a piece of shit.
I'm mostly curious to see how long it takes Nucky to kill that wife of his. When she signed the land deed to the church?!?!?! She's gonna pay for that.

Agree with all you have mentioned. There is no way the church is getting that deed, I think the maid (asked to make the delivery) will die on route to see the priest. Or there is an investigation into the road and landowners, all those "smart" money types will be busted and the church holds Nucky's deed so Nucky is off the hook again. Or Nucky gave her a fake deed to test her character, she has slept around (he knows this) so he is in the testing mood and taking out those who fail. Remember the final lines.... "You don't know me at all". Everyone is on notice, look to The Sopranos as a template, plenty of DNA in Boardwalk Empire from The Sopranos.

Nucky's wife seems to be a bit of a lifesaver for him, she knows when to zig and when to zag. Saved his debt book from the FBI, the one he tossed into the fireplace a few episodes back.

TeamBestBud
12-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I think that when she signed it over as margaret thompson and not as schroeder might have some kind of play to it as well..

sexualbanana
12-15-2011, 10:34 AM
I think that when she signed it over as margaret thompson and not as schroeder might have some kind of play to it as well..

Should still work, I would think. She signed it over after they got married.

DGill
12-15-2011, 11:16 AM

Should still work, I would think. She signed it over after they got married.
Not many knew they got married so maybe Nucky will kill off the priest and witness and say they were never married so her using the name Margret Thompson to sign the deed over was not correct. :dunno:

Tram Common
12-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Really upset they killed off Jimmy... by far the show's best character...

... :(

CMW403
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common

Yeah me too, I was so pissed.

The only reason I will be watching the show next season is Arnold Rothstein, I usually watch his scenes twice. He's a fucking great character.

"Flip a coin. When it's in the air, you'll know what side you're hoping for."

95teetee
01-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
LOL I was wondering when somebody was gonna bump this thread.

I watch this show religiously and this last episode blew me away.

If you are thinking about getting into this show, DO IT. But make sure your girlfriend/wife either shuts the fuck up or leaves the room because if you miss anything you will get bored and not enjoy it. There are a lot of subtleties. I was thinking about getting into it, and I did- watched all 24 episodes over the last five or six days. Love it. And, yeah, confusing at times (a lot of scenes where I'm going 'ok, who the hell is that, now?').
A lot of great performances, and some very interesting characters (especially Richard Harrow, imo). Some actors I like in everything they do (like Buscemi, Whigham, and Coleman).

The scalping was...intense...but the worst scene was in the first few episodes where one of the guys was getting treated for VD. I didn't walk right for an hour after watching that:rofl:

Unfortunately I already knew about Jimmy's death (and his being 'raped' by dear old mom) before watching, but at least now I'm caught up.

sexualbanana
01-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Tram Common

Can't really say I was surprised once Jimmy tried to make amends with Nucky. To me, it seemed like it was the only direction that they could go.

One thing that disappointed me a little though was having Margaret regress back into poor little Margaret. She was helpless and pitiful when she first met Nucky, and I thought she had turned a new leaf (and become a puppet master of sorts) when she was able to steal Nucky's ledger from his hiding spot when it was being searched by the Feds. I thought that would've made for a great story arc.

But it'll be really interesting now that Nucky is taking on a much more hands-on approach to the dirty side of his business.

95teetee
01-21-2012, 11:11 PM

One thing that disappointed me a little though was having Margaret regress back into poor little Margaret. not really-she knew Nucky was lying about Jimmy re-enlisting, and that Nucky had done something to him (and lied about it).
She signed the deed over to the church to spite him, not because she's poor little Margaret.

(sorry for the late bump lol)

sexualbanana
01-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
not really-she knew Nucky was lying about Jimmy re-enlisting, and that Nucky had done something to him (and lied about it).
She signed the deed over to the church to spite him, not because she's poor little Margaret.

(sorry for the late bump lol)

I was referring more to the part where her daughter gets polio, and that she begins to rely more heavily on the church (pretty much delusional) to the point that she thinks it was God striking her down for her sins.

I thought she was going to take on a puppet master sort of role (you know those twists in crime shows and movies where everyone thinks an old man is the head, but turns out to be the unsuspecting wife), which would've been a really interesting arc for her.

95teetee
01-22-2012, 09:04 AM
^ah yes...you got that part right:)

Markll7
07-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Teaser came out today... Going to be perfect timing while I wait for new Breaking Bad... Crazy year for entertainment !

PZJ7E_iTwZQ

vtec4life
07-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Fuck ya. Feels like its been forever since the last season. Reading the earlier posts brings back memories! haha

95teetee
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
It's time!!!!

:clap:

Markll7
09-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Buscemi is the ultimate gangster :thumbsup:

sexualbanana
09-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Wait, who does Harrow work for now?

beecue
09-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Revenge for Jimmy? I don't think Nucky ordered it. :dunno:

sexualbanana
09-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by beecue
Revenge for Jimmy? I don't think Nucky ordered it. :dunno:

It just occurred to me that it's probably a revenge killing for Angela

dj_rice
09-19-2012, 12:49 PM

It just occurred to me that it's probably a revenge killing for Angela

Yeah I would think so. The guy with the missing face I think was in love with Angela....

95teetee
09-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by beecue
Revenge for Jimmy? I don't think Nucky ordered it. :dunno: Manny demanded his own operation- wouldn't surprise me if he ordered the hit.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of Angela either...

Markll7
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Anyone not understand why the new character Rosetti would block the shipments between New York and Atlantic city ? It just doesn't make sense to me, he's not even jacking the shipments... I mean what's the point of bringing on the wraith of Rothstein and Nucky at the same time if you still don't have liquor ?

sexualbanana
09-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Markll7
Anyone not understand why the new character Rosetti would block the shipments between New York and Atlantic city ? It just doesn't make sense to me, he's not even jacking the shipments... I mean what's the point of bringing on the wraith of Rothstein and Nucky at the same time if you still don't have liquor ?

I think the first episode set up that they were cutting Rosetti out, and Nucky was going to supply Rothstein exclusively. Since the gas station is the only station between Atlantic City (where the liquor arrives) and NYC (where it's going), being able to control that gas station means he now controls the flow of liquor going into NYC.

95teetee
10-07-2012, 11:53 PM
it feels like they have too many people/things going on this year, and they're not able to spend much time with any particular story line before they move on to someone else...

in other words, MOAR CAPONE!!!

AE92_TreunoSC
10-08-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm happy with the direction so far but more character development would certainly help.

Great to see Capone's personal life :)

Markll7
11-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Hmm seems like Beyond is caught up in Dexter lately.. but what a fucking crazy last two episodes. Shit's hitting the fan for everyone and they keep you guessing on whats going to happen. Shit.

LongCity
11-19-2012, 03:04 AM
I can't look at Rothstein the same way after watching MIB3 hahah. Took a while for me to get used to Steve Buscimi being a badass cause all I remember him from are Sandler movies, particularly Crazy Eyes in Mr. Deeds.

LongCity
11-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Holy shit Rosetti is barbaric. And damn, Owen...

JfuckinC
11-19-2012, 11:31 PM
this show doesnt give a fuck, no one is safe.

sexualbanana
11-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I can't believe they killed Owen! And I can't believe Lucky and Lansky sold out Nucky.

I wonder if the show will cover up to the point where Luciano and Lansky kill Masseria?

AE92_TreunoSC
11-20-2012, 12:26 AM
The show works in mysterious ways, recommend using a spoiler tag banana.

I'm really want to see the final steps of the multiple plans hash out.

I'm super happy for Harrow, I've felt bad for him since Darmondy's wife died.

sexualbanana
11-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
The show works in mysterious ways, recommend using a spoiler tag banana.

I'm really want to see the final steps of the multiple plans hash out.

I'm super happy for Harrow, I've felt bad for him since Darmondy's wife died.

It's history. And a lot of what happens in this show is fictional anyways. Jimmy Darmody is a fictional character.

Markll7
11-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Edddiiieee Nooooooooo !!

Fucking gangster episode. I let out a little nugget of poop in excitement when Harrow gears up and when our special friend appears at the end. So psyched for the next episode... PSYCHED !!!

LongCity
11-26-2012, 03:20 AM
I just finished the episode about 30 seconds ago. Very interesting ending. Really good episode. I hope Nucky takes in Harrow for his team.

sexualbanana
11-26-2012, 08:32 PM
I just finished the episode about 30 seconds ago. Very interesting ending. Really good episode. I hope Nucky takes in Harrow for his team.

I read the episode description for next week. I'm intrigued/scared/excited all at the same time. I want it to be Sunday already.