PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic Scam-Artist (success Williams [email protected])

Outie4000S
09-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Just thought the roast was worth sharing.

I have re ordered the email so its easier to read, (top down instead of bottom up)

----- Original Message -----
Date: Friday, September 17, 2010 6:45 pm
Subject: 1999 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Immaculate condition always
garaged - $7000

Hello,is this post still off for sale?

On 9/20/10, Daniel [email protected] wrote:
Yes but it is old.. The price has been lowered to $6500 obo. for a more recent posting please look up the add in Kijiji

Date: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:39 pm
Subject: Re: 1999 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Immaculate condition always garaged - $7000
To: Daniel [email protected]

Thanks for the prompt response. I am not in town at the moment
as i am a Network instillation manager and due to the nature of my work, I
hardly stay around. I really want this car for a bargain of $5000
if you don't mind. I will want you to end this post immediately and you send me
your full names and home address,so i can post you your cheque ASAP.And my pick
agent can come to pick up the car as soon as the cheque is cleared.Get
back to me soon to schedule programmes.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Daniel [email protected] wrote:
Hello "Success"

I'd really like you to reply to this email. I can understand that you are a con-man/woman and are out to make a fast buck. What I don't understand is how successful this scam is. It is probably the oldest one in the book and more and more people who use the WWW are increasingly aware of this scam, or at least to be vigilant in checking the buyer is legitimate before sale.

I'm thinking of doing the same. That is scamming innocent, stupid, hard working individuals out of money which they probably desperately need and work long hours to make. But before I heartlessly try to rip people off, pushing them into further financial difficulties probably near suicide. I want to know what is the "Success" rate of your pathetic scam? is it one in every 100 or is it better than that?

If your get rich scheme really works, and your humanity is the only cost. Sign me up. Cause I know I'm a glorious f'er like you who wants to make a quick dime at others expense. Hell I'll follow in your footsteps and do the same things you do which would likely include rob grannies purse, steal from the donation box, eat four time my weight at the buffet to get your "money's worth", budge in line, spit in public, and of course not shower for days on end.

My guess is your probably some kind of coward with little or no formal English language instruction, no education to speak of, you can't find a job making an honest dollar because your criminal records are pages long, and you have a restraining order from your ex-girlfriend - you're illegitimate child hates you and you don't pay your child support. What employer would give you a chance.

So YES let me accept your bogus "cheque" Let me be one more innocent victim in your lousy scam.

I really hope you reply to this, because I'm just interested to see what your reply will be.

Oh, and by the way. You Suck At Life!

Have a great day!
Dan

Date: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:39 pm
Subject: Re: 1999 Saab 9-3 Hatchback Immaculate condition always garaged - $7000
To: Daniel [email protected]

I wonder what kind of a person you re.Please you need to start thinking straight.Think good.may God bless your understanding.

Kloubek
09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
I've asked people before if similar scams actually work, and never gotten a response. Guess I'm not worth their time unless I'm willing to let them invade my asshole.

Tarrantula
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Awesome email man. :thumbsup:

Lex350
09-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I just got the "I need to move $83 million" email the other day. Really...do people still fall for this shit?

beyond_ban
09-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Great email, excpet for this one line: "...eat four time my weight at the buffet to get your "money's worth"..."

I always pig the fuck out at buffets, after all it is a buffet haha. I guess i don't do it because i'm trying to get my moneys worth as much as i just want to be a slob for a day.

bubbley
09-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
Great email, excpet for this one line: "...eat four time my weight at the buffet to get your "money's worth"..."

I always pig the fuck out at buffets, after all it is a buffet haha. I guess i don't do it because i'm trying to get my moneys worth as much as i just want to be a slob for a day.

Agreed, thats what buffet's are for!

cet
09-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by rotten42
I just got the "I need to move $83 million" email the other day. Really...do people still fall for this shit?

Unfortunately, lots of people still do. That's why the scams are still around (they've been going since the 20's) and so prevalent.

If you go on any of the sites dedicated to fucking with these 419 scammers they all tell you not to point out any mistakes in the scammer's email or chastise them. Basically just don't reply. The scammer's aren't completely stupid and will learn from any criticism you give them. most us here are smart enough to see these scams for what they are, but a lot of people aren't.

Crymson
09-22-2010, 11:21 AM
This dude doesn't even know what he's doing/huring. He probalby doesn't even understand the scam.

Some guy in Nigeria is paying him 1$ an hour to sit in an internet cafe and send these out to mailling lists and respond back. He probably doesn't see 1% of any "successful" scam. Just like the chinese gold farmers on MMO's. They're just employees.

Outie4000S
09-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Yeah it could have done with out this line, I agree. I felt it was incomplete - I needed some thing else, I guess thats what pop'ed to mind.

ByTeMe
09-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm surprised he actually responded to your email. Usually they don't.

He must be a newb

ClearBluewater
09-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Replying is a waste of time in my opinion. People who resort to this not only wont be touched by your email, but most likely wont even be able to understand most of it.

Scuderia
09-22-2010, 08:36 PM
You still got baited in from the first email. It's so fucking easy to tell these cunts apart from real buyers, right from the first email. Usually I don't even reply to stupid tire-kicking buyers who email you saying shit like "Does the sunroof squeek when it's exactly halfway until being fully closed?", but these idiots just give it away with the generic responses they send out. Anytime you get a generic email that says anything like "Is your item, vehicle, service, etc. still for sale?" that's when you know it's a scam. If I don't see the model of my car in the email or in the subject line, trash bin right away.

EDIT: lol that fucker was so lazy he didn't even type "vehicle" in the first email, he just referred to it as your "post".

Outie4000S
09-23-2010, 07:27 AM
This is not the first time I have been approached by scammer. Once I was renting out my house, a guy from england ( supposedly ) actually called me on the phone, said he was going to send me a check. so I played along and he actually did, the check looked really authentic, I had a friend who worked at a bank trace the numbers. They were from all over, transit from Edmonton, institution from Ontario.

Of course I played this guy as long as I could . I even recorded our conversation... I should try to find the recording for you guys to listen.

at one point he was talking to me about work, ( he claimed he was a children doctor) I asked if he had heard of the Bears Paw Children Hospital which of course doesn't exist. He said he had heard of it. lol.

It is a bit of a waste of time replying, but every once and a while you get a good laugh out of these things.

Gainsbarre
09-23-2010, 08:05 AM
I got this email last week :dunno:

Almost had me hooked with the "devoted christian" line, because we know that anybody who says that MUST be legitimate and not out to rip you off :rolleyes:

Donation: Contact Me Via Email at [email protected]

Hello,

I am Mrs Mary Abery, a devoted christian. I am in the process of setting up a charity foundation but due to my health condition I would need somebody to help me finish it. Everything is available including finance. This mail was sent by my PA (Ramirez, Laurie L.) so please reply to my email address: [email protected] for more details.

Remain Blessed
Mrs. Mary Abery

NoMoreG35
09-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Yeah don't deal with people online without seeing their faces.

Feruk
09-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Region: West Africa
Private Email:( [email protected])

Hi Dear,
Greetings from Ivory Coast; please permit me to inform you my desire of going into a lasting business relationship with you, I thank God for coming across your contact and I believe by God grace you will not disapoint me in any way. My name is,Jennifer DavisI am the only child and daughter of Late Chief & Mrs Adam Davis who his death occurred as a result of assassination.

My late father was a Traditional Ruler and a wealthy Gold Dealer based in Abidjan city, the economical capital of Ivory Coast / Cote d'Ivoire. Before the death of my late Father, he deposited the sum of (six Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) sum of $6,500,000 USD in a Bank here with my name as the next of kin. The money is in the bank were my late father deposited it before his sudden death, and I have the vital documents my late father used in depositing the money in the bank, I decided to run out from our family house with the deposit documents and now residing in a local hotel for safety of my life.

I wish to contact you personally for a lasting business relationship and investment program in your country due to the maltreatment I am receiving from my step mother. She wanted to kill me and take away all my late father treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my father. Please I am seeking for your assistance to help me transfer the money to your base for investment purpose; such as Real Estate Investment or Hotel Management.

I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your assistance in transfering the fund to your base for my relocation and investment. Dear, I like honest, trust, truth, caring and respect, and I have all these qualities in me, hope you have all these qualities too? As soon as I receive your reply, I will give you more details about the deposit and my personal details as well to enable us proceed.

Please get back to me in my email so that i can tell you more of me , if you indicate your self to help me . After you receive thios mail kindly contact me on my private Email ([email protected])

Thanks and God bless you.
Yours Faithfully,
Miss.Jennifer Davis

Got this one today. Sounds legit, time to send her my bank account info. :)

Outie4000S
09-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Haha, who talks like that. I'm guessing Google translate translated it for them.
just saw this icon, I think its suitable :english: