PDA

View Full Version : Insurance and day Home

cotang
09-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Anyone here is a insurance agent? I was wondering what the deal is for if home insurance covered a day care home service or if that is needed separate and what the cost would be?

Thanks.

My god my english sucks right now.....can't think.....

Dave P
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
You should prob get a commercial policy. Im pretty sure your personal policy wont cover the day home and vice versa

guessboi
09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes it will be a commercial policy and NOT an add on as a 'home based business' where you can add on to your personal policy (home and auto) How many kids would you be taking care of? you will probably need to fill in a questionnaire from your insurance company. If more than 6 kids or something (might include your own) from what I recalled, you will need a license.

Masked Bandit
09-22-2010, 06:39 PM
It can be tricky at best. Have you talked to your current home insurance provider yet?

Phenix
09-22-2010, 06:41 PM
My cousin already runs a day home for many years. let me know if you'd like me to ask her anything.

Masked Bandit
09-22-2010, 06:50 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Running a dayhome & running a dayhome PROPERLY INSURED are two completely different things.

guessboi
09-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Cost will varies company from company. It will be mainly based on how many children + the ages you are taking care...more = more risks = more $$$ (that is for liability if you fcuked up and they sue you)
your experience, are u making meals?, etc, etc will also be factored in as well...

You may also considered an abuse policy if you want to be fully covered. This is a seperate coverage so more $$$.