PDA

View Full Version : Sinbads. Biggest wings I've ever had

OCDP
09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Sorry if this is a re-post.

All's I've gotta say is these are the hugest wings I have ever found in Calgary. They are fucking JUMBO. Like wings on steroids. They are delicious.

They're 25 cents and I guarantee 10 will more or less fill you right up.

Without rambling I'll just say go and try them. They are very well cooked/spiced/sauced. The address is

Sinbad's Eatery and Pub Wednesday Wings 0.25 Each
6815 Temple Dr NE PH: (403) 280-1222

Do yourself a favor and give them a shot. Massive fucking wings!

R-Audi
09-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Wonder if they are similiar to Concepts 'Cave Man Wings'
They take Costco size drumsticks and use them for their wings!

Disoblige
09-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a good deal, and yeah I hate places that give you a shitload of drumsticks. They're called wings for a reason. Ill try em out, thanks for the heads up.

ArjayAquino
09-23-2010, 08:38 AM
wouldn't mind trying that out and using this technique on them wings hah

BRcOY-PvOC8

Swank
09-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Ick, that place looks like a dirty dungeon from the outside, what's it like inside? If they have good wings then I'm half sold on the place. Are they always 25 cents, or just on Wednesdays?

OCDP
09-23-2010, 09:43 AM
I won't sugar coat it, it's not the nicest place I've ever been to and quite honestly I would have never thought of going in there otherwise, but my friends went one night and basically said you gotta try them at least once just for the size.

The wings taste like good quality chicken too, if that makes any sense. It has a fresh taste to it, not like the normal frozen then fried bagged wings. Apparantley they are range/corn fed chicken, they were nice enough to share some details.

As far as I know they only have wing wednesday's. They aren't the size of a drum stick but man some of them come pretty damn close haha. I'd say try it once, the service is good, the food has always been good... and for the price you will leave full as a mo fo.

Like I said, it's not the prettiest place but I only ever go there to eat and have a couple pints.

sputnik
09-23-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't like the "drumstick" portion of the wing.

Do they serve the other piece as well?

OCDP
09-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah, they have both, it's pretty well mixed. I've asked to have more wings than drumsticks and they had no problem doing it

Dumbass17
09-25-2010, 05:32 AM
FUUUUUUUUCK YOU GUYS

i'm in australia and i miss wing nites like crazy haha

Mibz
09-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino

BRcOY-PvOC8 You have changed my life.

95teetee
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
You have changed my life. a buddy used to just stick that part of the wing in his mouth, end first, clamp down and pull the bones back out.

We're talking 6'5", two-fitty of Japanese guy here- something to see. I tell ya:D

Disoblige
09-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
a buddy used to just stick that part of the wing in his mouth, end first, clamp down and pull the bones back out.

We're talking 6'5", two-fitty of Japanese guy here- something to see. I tell ya:D
Yup, that's how it's done. I do that as well.

Like you see in cartoons where they eat a fish or something. Fish in, fishbones out :D

flipstah
09-25-2010, 11:58 PM

BRcOY-PvOC8

A friend of mine taught me this.

It's like discovering The Holy Grail.

Tik-Tok
09-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
FUUUUUUUUCK YOU GUYS

What about mac'n'cheese, I bet you miss that too.

Dumbass17
09-26-2010, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

What about mac'n'cheese, I bet you miss that too.

actually i never eat KD, but I did find it here, believe it or not.

i'm CRAVING Tim Hortons and caesars

89s1
09-26-2010, 07:50 AM

BRcOY-PvOC8

If i did that to every wing i would fucking starve to death. Wing in, bones out, as mentioned above.

Guillermo
09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
FUUUUUUUUCK YOU GUYS

You can get chicken wings in Australia. :dunno:

dj_rice
09-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
a buddy used to just stick that part of the wing in his mouth, end first, clamp down and pull the bones back out.

I do the same, but also eat the crunchy cartilage parts at the end of the bones.

Mibz
09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
So yeah, the "Wing in, bone out" method doesn't work when you have a pierced tongue. No homo.

OCDP
09-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Anyone check it out? Owner said she's seen new faces?