PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Nissan juke

automachine
09-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know when it is coming out?
website said 2011 fall but it didn't come out yet.
Also I plan to buy when it come out.
what are yous think about this car?
Please let me know any good things and bed things?

Xtrema
09-22-2010, 10:49 PM
If it's look doesn't turn you off, the performance number sounds decent. And it probably is the cheapest torque vector car you can buy at the moment.

Get the 6sp, cvt sucks.

K3RMiTdot
09-22-2010, 11:23 PM
i think the car looks pretty decent, people are most def going to look at it as you drive.

InRich
09-22-2010, 11:53 PM
wow that thing should be called the Nissan joke.

gyu
09-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Dislike

RecoilS14
09-23-2010, 06:36 AM
I think it looks pretty cool. It's definately not the norm for styling, but it is eye catching.

Aleks
09-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Give them big credit for the engine. I don't see Honda doing anything like that any time soon :zzz:

CapnCrunch
09-23-2010, 12:05 PM
[i]2011 fall [/B]

It's 2010 bro.

theken
09-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Not a bad looking machine. Good idea with a small turbo motor. Dependent on price might be a good buy.

kvg
09-23-2010, 12:44 PM
I think its ugly, but spec wise I think it is a great car for the price.:dunno:

kvg
09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by theken
Not a bad looking machine. Good idea with a small turbo motor. Dependent on price might be a good buy.
It is said to be less than the Rogue

Abeo
09-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by kvg

It is said to be less than the Rogue

If its smaller than a sx4, it better be less than 25k loaded

Neat idea, hate the looks. Put that drivetrain in a sentra, please

PulsePro
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

It's 2010 bro.

maybe he meant 2011MY in 2010 Fall.... "BRO"

gqboy322
09-23-2010, 08:27 PM
its out already saw it at brasso nissan. imo the look kinda ugly but the inside look nice.

LEGiiT
09-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Looks like a mix of a Volvo C30 from the rear, a Hyundai Tuscon from the front and a Kia Soul from the side. Not diggin' the headlights, but ok.

Sorath
09-23-2010, 10:55 PM
looks good, space is good, but probably will be underpowered

friedn00dles
09-24-2010, 09:42 AM
absolutely ugly as fuck. :barf:

decent power tho :dunno:

kvg
09-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Nissan said the top is sports car and bottom is SUV.:dunno: :barf:
http://images-2.drive.com.au/2010/02/11/1110734/NissanJuke_04_600-600x400.jpg
180hp direct injected 1.6 turbo, Curb weight (mfr’s est): 2950–3150 lb.
Considering sr20 is 80's technology and its a good motor, I'm sure they can build a good 4cyl turbo. Still super ugly:barf:

MilanoRedTeg
09-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Are those headlights or cupholders?? The deep pocket to those headlights are going to have the same problem the 94-96 integras did with snow accumulating and sticking in there in the winter.

93VR6
09-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
looks good, space is good, but probably will be underpowered

1.6 turbo good for 188 hp.

kvg
09-24-2010, 10:16 AM
The Juke has a mr16 and my car has a mr18, and I'm want to find out if the manifold will bolt up to my block.

Sorath
09-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by 93VR6

1.6 turbo good for 188 hp.
I work at nissan so i know, but its also awd and heavy

93VR6
09-24-2010, 12:10 PM

Ahhh ok you just said probably so I assumed you were unaware.

They had this on motoring like a week ago and he said the fwd drive version with the 6spd was pretty nippy.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I dont know why but I fucking love the Juke.

supe
09-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Not my cup of tea, but I give big credit to nissan for coming out with something totally original.

heavyD
09-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by supe
Not my cup of tea, but I give big credit to nissan for coming out with something totally original.

I agree. I don't care for Nissan's lineup but I find the Juke intriguing. It has a high tech engine, torque vectoring AWD which is pretty amazing at this price point, and styling that at least evokes conversation. I hope it sells well because we need more manufacturers willing to take risks rather than continue to regurgitate the same old 'me too' CR-V's and RAV4's.

slinkie
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
nissan IMO the only interesting japanese manufacturer atm, they are the only one even bothering to pen any unique designs, not to mention the only ones making anything sporty (unless you can get over the shoulder-height trunk and darth vader face of the evo x)

that said i think this thing is going to look dated very fast due to its rather gimmicky looks , but if the price point is right i'm sure we will be seeing a lot of them on the road

BerserkerCatSplat
09-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Looks like a bloated Aztek. Do not want.

kvg
09-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Aprox 3100-3200lbs in awd isn't too bad

in black it kinda hides the lines.

http://fancytuning.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nissan-juke-custom.jpg

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
^heard that was a photoshop, but I would gladly trade everything I own to drive that (I dont own much).

Xtrema
09-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 93VR6

They had this on motoring like a week ago and he said the fwd drive version with the 6spd was pretty nippy.

So here's the price:

2011 Juke Model Line Up

1.6 SV
M6 FWD $19,998 / CVT FWD $21,298 / CVT AWD $23,098

1.6 SV Contains:

Mechanical
- 1.6 L, Direct Injection Gas Turbo Engine
- 16V DOHC 4-Cylinder
- 188 HP
- 177 Lb-Ft. Torque
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission
- Vehicle Dynamic Control System
- Block Heater Including Cord set
- Electric Power Steering
- Independent Strut Front Suspension
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension
- Front & Rear Stabilizer Bars
- Front & Rear Disc Brakes
- 17" Aluminum-Alloy Wheels
- P215/55 R17 All-Season Tires

Exterior
- Body-Colour Bumpers & Door handles
- Body-Colour Outside Mirrors
- Privacy Glass (B-Pillar Back)
- Variable Intermittent Wipers (Front)

Interior
- Cloth Seating Surfaces, Front Buckets
- 6-Way Manual Adjust Driver's Seat
- 60/40 Split Folding Rear Bench Seat
- Tilt Steering Column
- Tachometer

Comfort & Convenience
- Air Conditioning (Manual)
- Heater Ducts Under Front Seat
- Power Door Locks with Auto-Locking Feature
- Power Windows with Driver Auto Up/Down
- Power, Heated Mirrors
- Remote Keyless Entry System
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Cruise Control
- Bluetooth with Voice Activation
- AM/FM/CD 2 DIN Audio System
- 6-Speakers
- iPod Connectivity and Aux-in Jack
- MP3/WMA Playback Capability
- Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
- Trip Computer with Outside Temperature Display
- Digital Clock with Outside Temperature Display
- Digital Clock (in Audio System)
- Driver & Passenger Vanity Mirror with Lid
- Tonneau Cover
- Passenger Seatback Pockets

Safety
- Advanced Airbags (driver & pass.)
- Side Seat Airbags (front)
- Curtain Side Impact Airbags (front & rear)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
- Vehicle Securtiy System w/Alarm
- Active Head Restraints (front)
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Temporary Spare Tire
- Height Adjustable Seatbelts (front)
- Low Fuel Warning Light
- Low Washer Fluid Warning Light

1.6 SL
M6 FWD $23,548 + Leather-Navi Pkg $26,148 / CVT FWD $24,848 + Leather-Navi Pkg $27,448 / CVT AWD $26,648 + Leather-Navi Pkg $29,248

1.6 SL is 1.6 SV Plus:
- Power Moonroof
- Fog Lights (front)
- Nissan Intelligent Key System
- Auto. Climate Control
- I-CON Display
- Heated Front Seats

Leather-Navi Package Contains:
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Navigation System
- 5" Colour Touch-Screen Display
- Rear View Monitor
- USB Connectivity
- XM Satellite Radio
- Rockford Fosgate Audio System (+100 Watts)
- Subwoofer and Upgraded Speakers

AWD Contains:
- Torque Vector 4-Wheel Drive System
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- AWD Badge

CVT Pkg. Contains:
- Xtronic CVT w/ Adaptive Shift Control
- CVT Oil Warmer (improves Fuel Economy in Cold Weather)
- Xtronic CVT badge

Too bad, doesn't sound like AWD can be had with manual.

heavyD
09-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Very unfortunate that they are only putting the CVT into AWD models. That's a deal breaker for me as CVT is right up there with drum brakes for features I look to avoid.

kvg
09-24-2010, 05:37 PM
I have a cvt and its way better than a normal auto, plus with a turbo it will stay at full boost the whole time.:thumbsup:

BigDannyCool
09-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by gqboy322
its out already saw it at brasso nissan. imo the look kinda ugly but the inside look nice.

that was just for show, it's making its way around the dealerships. The stores won't get them until the end of august

Sorath
09-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by kvg

Aprox 3100-3200lbs in awd isn't too bad

in black it kinda hides the lines.

http://fancytuning.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nissan-juke-custom.jpg

maybe if you drive a versa

oh wait :D

01RedDX
09-25-2010, 12:39 AM

911fever
09-25-2010, 09:30 PM
:barf: :barf:

95teetee
09-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 911fever
:barf: :barf: this.

Then again, that's about a quarter the :barf:'s I would use for that square thing with the asymmetrical rear window, so that's not so bad.

heavyD
09-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Speaking of which, there's way too much CVT bashing in here. Nissan now has the best auto tranny on the market. I was skeptical before, but having owned one for a few months now I have to say it's the best balance of power and economy I've ever seen. Besides the fact that it's virtually indestructible. There's a reason why every other manufacturer is trying to rush their own CVT to the market.

LOL CVT's have been around for a while now. Nearly every manufacturer has them. The reason they are used is because they boost overall fuel economy numbers but if you are looking for performance CVT sucks period.

01RedDX
10-01-2010, 12:32 AM

heavyD
10-01-2010, 07:30 AM
LOL ok? I think you missed my point. Yes, there are dozens of different types of CVTs and manufacturers,

I'm confused...

There's a reason why every other manufacturer is trying to rush their own CVT to the market.

You lost me here also;

Nissan now has the best auto tranny on the market.

No one said anything about looking for performance with CVT, I said a balance of performance and economy, which is a totally different thing.

Again is it the best auto tranny on the market really? Performance and economy balance? CVT's are not a performance transmission period there is no performance/economy balance. You want performance/economy balance it's in 6 - 8 speed DCT transmissions not CVT's. When they start incorporating CVT's on the best cars in the world not economy cars then just maybe there would be justification to make such an outlandish claim. I certainly did miss your point because there wasn't one to begin with.

Abeo
10-01-2010, 08:59 AM
CVT's can perform great, you only need one ride on a well set up snowmobile to realize this. A CVT can put the power down on the peakiest (~1000 rpm spread) or flattest (8000 rpm spread) torque curve, and can react instantly to wicking open the throttle, while able to calm down and be efficient when not in the throttle.

The problem is having something that performs and can stay together for 200,000 km, the snowmobiles use rubber belts while I believe cars use a steel mesh belt

Tarrantula
10-01-2010, 09:17 AM
My murano hauls fucking ass, its a CVT - dont see how it doesnt have performace.. the only faster SUV in its range in 2005 was the rav 4 :dunno:

(hp/lbs ratio wise)

i can hold the rps in the 4-5k range and it will pull the entire time, its wicked.

heavyD
10-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Abeo
CVT's can perform great, you only need one ride on a well set up snowmobile to realize this. A CVT can put the power down on the peakiest (~1000 rpm spread) or flattest (8000 rpm spread) torque curve, and can react instantly to wicking open the throttle, while able to calm down and be efficient when not in the throttle.

The problem is having something that performs and can stay together for 200,000 km, the snowmobiles use rubber belts while I believe cars use a steel mesh belt

Hopefully this basic comparison will give you a better understanding of CVT's and DCT's and their strengths/weaknesses. DCT is the future but CVT's will have their niche market just not in Europe.

http://www.interim4automotive.com/fileadmin/Redaktion/Downloads/CVTvsDCTfutureTrends011009.pdf

Nels
10-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Coming from an fx45 owner, I like this kind of styling. Really cool looking and definately stands out.

Abeo
10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Hopefully this basic comparison will give you a better understanding of CVT's and DCT's and their strengths/weaknesses. DCT is the future but CVT's will have their niche market just not in Europe.

http://www.interim4automotive.com/fileadmin/Redaktion/Downloads/CVTvsDCTfutureTrends011009.pdf

That didn't tell me anything I didn't know already, and as far as technical presentations go, was pretty awful.

I like the idea of DCT's, in fact I worked on a similar setup for my 4th year FSAE project in engg, and love the idea of a sequential race-type box with a computer controlled clutch... but the fact of the matter is you have an inelegant solution for keeping the engine in the torque curve by having 5 or 7 or whatever gears (to try to get rid of gaps), whereas a CVT keeps the engine within the torque band by design.

If you look at the chart below, thats how a fixed ratio transmission tries to correlate wheel speed with the torque curve. More gears and more computer control makes it better, but its still a workaround. CVT's have the disadvantage of complexity and the fact people aren't used to them, but I don't see that as a reason to kill them off (seeing as hybrids are both complex and drive 'weird', and they seem to be doing fine).

For the record, I like DCT and regular manual transmissions in my sports cars.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/OkdF/Subaru_wheel_torque.jpg

Dodobird
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
This is really reminding me of a CR-Z right now. Most people took a look at the photos and thought it was absolutely hideous. Next thing you know, people are seeing them in person and loving them.

And IMO the specs in the Juke are probably worth a few people dissing on your car now and then. Besides, it looks pretty :bigpimp: with green rims.

Sugarphreak
10-01-2010, 03:39 PM

kvg
10-01-2010, 04:03 PM
the CVT tranny used in Nissan was developed by Renault(parent company of Nissan) for F1, and was a few seconds faster per lap. The FIA came up with a rule to ban them. Nissan owns the company that makes them for Benz, Chrysler, etc. They have been around for a long time, but unlike all others it is reliable and to show this Nissan gives them a 10yr warranty.

Just some history on them.

Facts not opinion.:thumbsup:

Aleks
10-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
My murano hauls fucking ass, its a CVT - dont see how it doesnt have performace.. the only faster SUV in its range in 2005 was the rav 4 :dunno:

(hp/lbs ratio wise)

i can hold the rps in the 4-5k range and it will pull the entire time, its wicked.

I was curious about this so I looked up some stats on C&D. In a comparason between it and a Honda Pilot the acceleration fugures were pretty much the same even tho the Pilot has more weight to move per HP.
Not only that but the current ancient 4 speed auto Forester XT is almost a full second faster in 0-60mph as per C&D.
Murano has better fuel econ than Pilot tho.

I think that's pretty much the only advantage of CVTs. Efficiency/fuel econmony. :dunno:

Tarrantula
10-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

I was curious about this so I looked up some stats on C&D. In a comparason between it and a Honda Pilot the acceleration fugures were pretty much the same even tho the Pilot has more weight to move per HP.
Not only that but the current ancient 4 speed auto Forester XT is almost a full second faster in 0-60mph as per C&D.
Murano has better fuel econ than Pilot tho.

I think that's pretty much the only advantage of CVTs. Efficiency/fuel econmony. :dunno:

Thats cool. my point is its still better on paper, and i havent had many encounters where i was looking at a bumper through my front windshield.

gpomp
10-01-2010, 08:04 PM

Thats cool. my point is its still better on paper, and i havent had many encounters where i was looking at a bumper through my front windshield. keep racing those soccer moms in minivans

lison
10-01-2010, 08:13 PM
fugly fat body it's like a juiced up animal...

heavyD
10-02-2010, 09:17 AM

Thats cool. my point is its still better on paper, and i havent had many encounters where i was looking at a bumper through my front windshield.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Are you some kind of CUV street racer? It's nice and all that you appear to have your first car with a bit of pep but if you think your Murano is fast well lol......

Sorath
10-02-2010, 11:41 AM

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Are you some kind of CUV street racer? It's nice and all that you appear to have your first car with a bit of pep but if you think your Murano is fast well lol......

LOLOLOL Apparently he's not satisfied with his murano because hes been trying to trade it with everyone selling their car on beyond

automachine
10-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Juke is turbo charged so does it need to fill up by premium gas?

heavyD
10-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by automachine

Seeing that it's direct injected they may be able to lower the required octane rating like Hyundai has with it's direct injected 4B11 engine.

Xtrema
10-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by automachine

Recommended but not required.

Tarrantula
10-14-2010, 09:03 AM

LOLOLOL Apparently he's not satisfied with his murano because hes been trying to trade it with everyone selling their car on beyond

1. I have had much faster cars than the murano - compared to other Suv's I have been in or had a spirited driving encounter with it pulls much better, and handles quite well also.

2. If you read why I was trying to sell/trade it, you would know that it was because I was trying to get cheaper payments - which I now have - which is why its not for sale.

Just saying that the CVT is much better than most of you claim it to be.

snoop101
01-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Anyone bought one of these yet?

Thinking about looking at one. Drove a Sportage. Wasent to happy with the feel of it.

AE92_TreunoSC
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by snoop101
Anyone bought one of these yet?

Thinking about looking at one. Drove a Sportage. Wasent to happy with the feel of it.

From what I'm hearing its a bit thirsty and small for its range.

Fun car, but not very practical. It's a very niche market.

But first and foremost, its the 1st production year, I BEG people to stay away from the first and second years of a new production vehicle. Let the problems get worked out, then buy it.

zipdoa
01-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I've driven the juke a fair amount... the FWD is about .5s quicker to 100kmh than the AWD, but that is due to the FWD lighter and has an optional 6speed Manual. I'd say AWD is 7.2s and FWD is 6.7s to 100kmh.

AWD is auto only.

They sip on fuel, you can easily get 35mpg, more if you do a lil hypermilling. The AWD is lots of fun in the winter, with the TV rear diff you can really get sideways with traction control off.

The HUD is really cool if you get the mode select. Press performance and you get a digital boost gauge in the dash. Press economy and you get a fully detailed log of your fuel usage.

Snoop101, a Juke will be world of difference over a Sportage. The build quality isn't even comparable.

Ukyo8
01-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I saw one turning into Silverado today, looks better in person :thumbsup:

gyu
01-04-2011, 08:49 PM
I've seen a couple in person and I still don't like the look of it.

zipdoa
01-04-2011, 09:23 PM
http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/wtfjuke-650x452.jpg

davesparky6
01-05-2011, 10:22 AM
^^As soon as TE-37's are installed Beyond loves it.

:rofl:

heavyD
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Snoop101, a Juke will be world of difference over a Sportage. The build quality isn't even comparable.

So the Sportage is built better? We are talking about Nissan here not Honda. Nissan's compacts are as cheaply made as they come.

n1zm0
01-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Nissan's compacts are as cheaply made as they come.

:werd: especially those mexican made ones and that CVT - my experiences with a CVT equipped sentra rental car: never again, extreme false sense of acceleration imo

a family member was looking into getting one of these but the downside for them right now is the awd not coming in manual, who thinks of this shit, 'awd and manual - no no, they wont like it' WTF!?

too bad theres not 2.0L T option

snoop101
01-05-2011, 01:27 PM

So the Sportage is built better? We are talking about Nissan here not Honda. Nissan's compacts are as cheaply made as they come.

Ya I never understood this too. I have always hated the built quality in Asian cars. I grew up with German vehicles. What blew me away was that Kia and Hyundai this year won awards for their vehicles. I havent driven a Hyundai yet, but I found the Kia pretty decent except for the actual steering felt to easy and not enough feel for the road. Maybe its because I drove my BMW there before test driving it.

My next vehicles to test drive with be a Juke, Mits RVR and Hyundai Tucson.

zipdoa
01-05-2011, 01:30 PM

You really think a Sportage is built better than a Juke?

The Juke is built in Japan. We aren't talking about a versa here. I would take a Japanese made vehicle over a Korean made any day of the week.

Not to mention that residual values on Kia's are SHIT. Nissan's hold their value as well as Honda and Toyota.

As for CVT - 200k warranty and better MPG? Why wouldn't you choose that over a conventional automatic?

n1zm0
01-05-2011, 01:37 PM

The Juke is built in Japan. We aren't talking about a versa here. I would take a Japanese made vehicle over a Korean made any day of the week.

+1 forgot to mention this is quite rare for a non-specialized nissan these days (same goes for hondas and yotas), to have a J-VIN'd standard Japanese car here these days is getting less and less

mo_money2supe
01-05-2011, 01:43 PM

Actually, the new Kia Sportage's are all built in the US now. Either way, once Kia/Hyundai comes out with their 2.0T, it'll surely take down the Juke as a competitor on just aesthetics alone.

J-hop
01-05-2011, 01:48 PM
huh, not sure how well that will fair here. It would likely fair better in Japan where their styles seem more aggressive (IMO). From what I've seen a lot of North Americans like subtle styling, this might be a little too "out there" for a lot of people

zipdoa
01-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe

Actually, the new Kia Sportage's are all built in the US now. Either way, once Kia/Hyundai comes out with their 2.0T, it'll surely take down the Juke as a competitor on just aesthetics alone.

I highly doubt it. Aesthetics play a role in sales for sure, but looks are based on opinion - you think the Sportage looks better, and I think the Juke looks better. Juke has a much nicer interior IMO.

Reasons why I would get the Juke:

Juke gets better MPG
Juke is faster
Juke handles better
Juke has superior AWD
Juke will have a higher resale value

GenerationX
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I like the Juke a lot actually, I was considering purchasing one before, but had to go back to school and couldn't buy it.

I was looking through Sunridge Nissan and they actually had a video made for the Juke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DFeaCj3hrs&feature=player_embedded
Here's the link for those who are interested. :hitit: :hitit:

GQBalla
01-05-2011, 02:58 PM
ive actually grown into the juke :D

heavyD
01-06-2011, 01:13 PM

Not to mention that residual values on Kia's are SHIT. Nissan's hold their value as well as Honda and Toyota.

As for CVT - 200k warranty and better MPG? Why wouldn't you choose that over a conventional automatic?

Built in Japan is highly, highly overrated. For example cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer and Subaru Impreza are still built in Japan and their build quality is no better than domestic or Korean and arguably worse. Isn't the Nissan Versa the least reliable car in it's segment and not recommended by Consumer Reports. Has there ever been a Sentra outside of the early 90's SER that wasn't a total POS? The Juke is getting the same crappy parts bin parts as the Sentra and Versa.

JAYMEZ
01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Saw one yesterday by IKEA , I wasnt a fan

A790
01-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Sadly... the Juke is growing on me. Sadly. :(

Onassis
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Make a coupe with 6 speed and AWD and then we have a new age GTiR

Tomaz
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Onassis
Make a coupe with 6 speed and AWD and then we have a new age GTiR

I like where you are going with this! :thumbsup:

n1zm0
01-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Isn't the Nissan Versa the least reliable car in it's segment and not recommended by Consumer Reports. Has there ever been a Sentra outside of the early 90's SER that wasn't a total POS? The Juke is getting the same crappy parts bin parts as the Sentra and Versa.

the CDM (even the USDMs) sentras and versas of latest generation both are made in mexico..

i see it as the country of manufacturers general work ethic as a whole somewhat determines its build quality and reliability, you have Yoshi in Japan and Hans in Germany, these 2 guy's countries because of their military history/innovation ( we all know if the krauts weren't assholes in WW2, they'd be the world leaders in alot of things such as aviation/warfare/transportation/building engineering etc, then again if the japanese didnt get nuked, their ingenuity and detail of products wouldnt be as good as they are today imo) and general efficiency/workmanship is instilled into them in everyday life since they were young, for the most part make some of the most efficient and reliable cars in the world, you got Jimbob at the nissan plant in tennesee who just wants to go home and get a six pack and he is damn lucky to get a job because his whole neighborhood is pretty much unemployed (part of the reason the us gov allowed nissan and merc to open plants up in tennesse and alabama, to create jobs) and Juan at the mexican plant who gets paid pennies compared to his american counterpart for the same job, do you really think he puts attention to detail on the versa/sentra assy line?

i still think your made-in-japan downplaying is biased on your lemon del sol :D but the world is catching up to high standard auto-making, ford for example is getting pretty hardcore i think

i wish they sold those early 90s SE-Rs here tho :( , that would've been a perfect first car.

Disoblige
01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
I like the Juke and was thinking of getting one for Winter/daily driving, but... Then I realized I would be so bored of driving it within 6 months. So no point in getting a new DD, while I can save up for a nice summer car instead.

sneek
01-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I drove one a while back and the car is actually pretty nimble, I quite like it. Sure it is strange looking, but I don't think I hate it as much as I thought I would. The interior is one of the most unique I have seen through a few years of detailing cars.

I really didn't expect these odd shaped cars (Not even sure if I should call it a cross over...) to handle so well and be so punchy.

zipdoa
01-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by sneek
I drove one a while back and the car is actually pretty nimble, I quite like it. Sure it is strange looking, but I don't think I hate it as much as I thought I would. The interior is one of the most unique I have seen through a few years of detailing cars.

I really didn't expect these odd shaped cars (Not even sure if I should call it a cross over...) to handle so well and be so punchy.

2950lbs base weight helps keep things tossable and makes for an excellent power to weight ratio.

kvg
06-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Any better?

http://www.blogcdn.com/ca.autoblog.com/media/2011/06/impul-juke.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/ca.autoblog.com/media/2011/06/impul-juke-rear.jpg

Abeo
06-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Nope. Just looks like plastic cladding on a juke :dunno:

Was considering one, but they will void their warranty if you tow, so it got nixed. Too bad, turbo + awd + amazing fuel economy.

freshprince1
06-10-2011, 11:33 AM
The more of these I see, the more I'm actually begining to like the styling. It almost looks like an updated urban dune buggy.

ExtremeSi
06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Why would they void warranty if towed?

Abeo
06-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
Why would they void warranty if towed?

Page 9-15 of the manual:

Do not tow a trailer with your vehicle