PDA

View Full Version : Spilly pants rolls tanker truck on Barlow!!

cort@urbanX
09-23-2010, 02:59 PM
So apparently some fool thought he was driving go kart not a tanker truck and took a left hand turn onto Barlow Trail SE from 68st a little to quick and rolled it towing 2 full tank trailers. Not too sure how bad the spill was but crazy none the less. :facepalm:

Sorry about the shitty phone pics.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9104/img000812010092314001.jpg (http://img685.imageshack.us/i/img000812010092314001.jpg/)

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7584/img000822010092314031.jpg (http://img836.imageshack.us/i/img000822010092314031.jpg/)

Tarrantula
09-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Nice pics.

Idratherbsidewayz
09-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by cort@urbanX
So apparently some fool thought he was driving go kart not a tanker truck and took a left hand turn onto Barlow Trail SE from 68st a little to quick and rolled it towing 2 full tank trailers. Not too sure how bad the spill was but crazy none the less. :facepalm:

What an IDiot. Thread title made me LOL pretty hard though...

Type_S1
09-23-2010, 03:22 PM
They should stop handing these licenses out to anybody who fails highschool and doesn't have a future. Most of these people are alcoholics and drug addicts.

I was in the husky on barlow getting gas about 2 weeks ago and there was a line up inside to pay. There's a whole bunch of candy and chips etc. next to me and the guy infront of me was like "man I wish they didn't put all this stuff here. I just smoke a joint and want to buy it all." He then paid and walked out of the store and jumped in a semi-truck.

And you wonder why shit like this happens.

theken
09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
How do you figure most truck drivers are junkies and high school dropouts? I haven't done drugs in years and graduated high school. I also generally make close too 100 grand a year. Beats most people with "futures".

SJW
09-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Truckers are idiots. Well 98% of them.

RickDaTuner
09-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Truckers are idiots. Well 98% of them.

There really should be a year long course or something similar for truck drivers to get their license.

Calgary is really bad with trucks always loosing their load, or just plain ole driving like D-bags...

revelations
09-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Its been said before here... the local drivers are generally at the low-end of the scale while the Long Haul guys generally tend to have a professional mindset, and no criminal record.

CUG
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Its been said before here... the local drivers are generally at the low-end of the scale while the Long Haul guys generally tend to have a professional mindset, and no criminal record.

Well, it could be classed as sexual assault, seeing as how the entire Southeast may end up with coral reef growing on their genitals now (yeast infections).

dsr7723
09-23-2010, 05:40 PM
SJW, Yes perhaps 98% of truckers are indeed idiots, but we all need 'em.... Hell you're waaaaay too high and mighty to drive a truck, as proven with a post comprised of such infinite wisdom. Next time you pull your head out of your ass try to keep it out long enough to find 12 things around you that absolutely in no way shape or form were not on a truck prior to making it into the sphere of your benevolent awesomeness. Good luck with that. And learn to spell, if you're going to bash truckers good God learn to spell.

Nice pics OP hope nobody got hurt. Probably due to these East Indian driving schools (aka class 1 license dealers)

Unknown303
09-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I loled at the Spilly pants remark.

RickDaTuner
09-23-2010, 05:46 PM
*edited

Rat Fink
09-23-2010, 06:02 PM

sr20s14zenki
09-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
I'm curious to know how long that guy has been driving a truck for. Usually you don't see that kind of driving outside of H&R drivers.... :rofl:

6 direct > shift > 5 direct > grind > grind > grind > "oh dirka dirka ali baba dirka shaka kahn" smaaaaaaassshhhh :guns:

Yknow what else i hate, how every fucking trucker in the foothills takes their sweet time changing gears, fuck, its like vroooooom *30 second pause* vroooom *30 second pause*

im guessing the ones who do that are paid by the hour....:rolleyes:

Rat Fink
09-23-2010, 06:34 PM

black13
09-23-2010, 06:58 PM
wow fucking idiot so that's why that area was fucked up.

and this was at 61 ave not 68 st.

spikerS
09-23-2010, 06:59 PM

newbies, and people who are slow with double clutching. If you can float the gears properly (shift without touching the clutch pedal), you can shift just as fast as in a car.....only a shitload more shifts in the truck if you're heavy enough that you have to split the gears. It pisses me off too LOL

QFT.

I remember back in the day, I took classes for my class 1 and air brakes, and did my road test, as per instructed, double clutching.

My first job, my boss told me I had a week to learn how to drive without the clutch or I was fired. Once someone explained it to me, I was able to do it within the day, and mastered by week's end.

If my flat deck was empty, I could accelerate with the flow of traffic with ease from a red light.

SJW
09-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by dsr7723
SJW, Yes perhaps 98% of truckers are indeed idiots, but we all need 'em.... Hell you're waaaaay too high and mighty to drive a truck, as proven with a post comprised of such infinite wisdom. Next time you pull your head out of your ass try to keep it out long enough to find 12 things around you that absolutely in no way shape or form were not on a truck prior to making it into the sphere of your benevolent awesomeness. Good luck with that. And learn to spell, if you're going to bash truckers good God learn to spell.

Nice pics OP hope nobody got hurt. Probably due to these East Indian driving schools (aka class 1 license dealers)

I'm glad you're in the 2%. Not sure where you're going with the spelling thing but good on ya. Truck away.

dsr7723
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by SJW

I'm glad you're in the 2%. Not sure where you're going with the spelling thing but good on ya. Truck away.

Ahhhh I'm not a trucker lol just an idiot at this point hahahaha I don't know how to multi-quote other posts when replying, it was buddy who quoted your post, saying Calgary truckers are bad for "loosing" their loads hahaha sorry my bad

hoarder
09-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Those guys have a stressful job. Who cares if they light up or have a couple of drinks as long as they are safe.

Guillermo
09-23-2010, 09:02 PM

You're not as educated as you pretend you are, dumbass.

http://languageandgrammar.com/2008/07/18/comprised-of-errors/

EDIT: And "YEA, YOU'RE RIGHT!!!! IT'S THOSE DAMN EAST INDIAN DRIVERS!!!!" :facepalm:

sr20s14zenki
09-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo

Well its no suprise hes a dumbass, he goes around talking about how he "rolled coal" on somebody who had a sticker on their car....how does rolling coal even make sense.....what stoned retard thought that up.....

SJW
09-23-2010, 09:14 PM

Ahhhh I'm not a trucker lol just an idiot at this point hahahaha I don't know how to multi-quote other posts when replying, it was buddy who quoted your post, saying Calgary truckers are bad for "loosing" their loads hahaha sorry my bad

Good, I thought I was losing (loosing) my mind.

Graham_A_M
09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
:rofl: LOL @ the pure hatred & ignorance in this thread

dsr7723
09-23-2010, 09:19 PM

EDIT: And "YEA, YOU'RE RIGHT!!!! IT'S THOSE DAMN EAST INDIAN DRIVERS!!!!" :facepalm:

Well wtf hahahaha nope you're definitely more educated than I am. I have a grade 12. Still net 6 figures legally so meh... s'all good. Thanks for the enlightenment. Saves me from having to pull my size 13 outta my mouth next time!

RickDaTuner
09-23-2010, 09:20 PM

This sure did back fire on your didn't it.

For the record you're a douche bag. :thumbsup:

dsr7723
09-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

This sure did back fire on your didn't it.

For the record you're a douche bag. :thumbsup:

Glad I could help you feel better about your pathetic self.

Guillermo
09-23-2010, 09:29 PM

I have a grade 12. Still net 6 figures legally so meh... s'all good. Thanks for the enlightenment. Saves me from having to pull my size 13 outta my mouth next time!

That's like saying you're proud to suck dick for crack.

hoarder
09-23-2010, 09:39 PM

That's like saying you're proud to suck dick for crack.

Least he has a job.

SJW
09-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by hoarder

Least he has a job.
http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

RickDaTuner
09-23-2010, 09:46 PM

Glad I could help you feel better about your pathetic self.

I think you need lessons on how to be an adult.

SJW
09-23-2010, 09:47 PM

I think you need lessons on how to be an adult.

Don't we all?

RickDaTuner
09-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes we sure do

Type_S1
09-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Only netting 6 figures? What happened to beyond millionaire club?

sr20s14zenki
09-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Only netting 6 figures? What happened to beyond millionaire club? Just another troll eh...:rofl:

freshprince1
09-24-2010, 07:38 AM
I worked as s Shipper/Receiver right before university and dealt with truckers all day long; I'd say a good 80% of them were dirty, trashy, grumpy, mean, vindictive, condescending, sloppy and impatient - across all ethnicities. All the drivers I encountered at Porter Trucking were dumb as bolts. Andy from Yellow Trucking was awesome. I'm never surprised when I see an accident involving a semi. Between my experience working with them and how I see most of them drive on the streets, I'm amazed one hasn't take me out yet.

**knock on wood**

GQBalla
09-24-2010, 08:20 AM
lotsa truck drivers do some kind of hard drugs guaranteed.

not ALL! but yeah

dsr7723
09-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
lotsa truck drivers do some kind of hard drugs guaranteed.

not ALL! but yeah

Yuppers... and not all, but a lot of suit dummy office fucks do hard drugs too... The cocaine industry is in the billions of dollars yearly, and business of that size can't be solely driven by blue collar people and their smaller salaries...

alloroc
09-24-2010, 09:18 AM
My brother in law drives truck.

He's addicted to cocaine.

JRSC00LUDE
09-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Calgary is really bad with trucks always loosing their load, or just plain ole driving like D-bags...

Maybe if they tightened it instead, they wouldn't lose it. ;)

(just trying to pick up where dsr7723 failed, I'm bored....)

89coupe
09-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
:rofl: LOL @ the pure hatred & ignorance in this thread

No kidding.

My cousin runs two trucks, and makes 200+K a year doing it. Owns 60 acres of land, two brand new paid for trucks, a tractor, and a backhoe.

He has a 100'x60' shed that he leases out to another farmer who stores special hail bails for export to Japan and the guy pays him $2500/mth to use it.

clem24
09-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by theken
How do you figure most truck drivers are junkies and high school dropouts? I haven't done drugs in years and graduated high school.

So you just admitted that you did do drugs...

SJW
09-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

No kidding.

My cousin runs two trucks, and makes 200+K a year doing it. Owns 60 acres of land, two brand new paid for trucks, a tractor, and a backhoe.

He has a 100'x60' shed that he leases out to another farmer who stores special hail bails for export to Japan and the guy pays him $2500/mth to use it.

Who fucking cares how much money they make or don't make.

The general consensus with the public is, truck drivers for the most part, are douchebags who have no regard for safety.

Don't believe me? Have a look at who is always in a god damn hurry in the foothills industrial area.

CUG
09-24-2010, 01:19 PM
....so nobody liked my yeast infection joke? http://i48.tinypic.com/2po3zwm.gif

89coupe
09-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by SJW

The general consensus with the public is, truck drivers for the most part, are douchebags who have no regard for safety.

Really? You have stats to back that statement up? Sounds to me like you are just another douchebag making a general statement...LOL

Type_S1
09-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Really? You have stats to back that statement up? Sounds to me like you are just another douchebag making a general statement...LOL

I don't agree 100%. I have truck drivers in my family that drive much better than I do. They even say there is a drug and alcohol problem for younger guys in the industry. They are the people who really have no other way to make money and it's between construction and truck driving. I posted my own experience before and completely stick to it, I think a lot of truck drivers are complete junkies. Add to it all the ethnic people who have no regard for safety and were/are buying there licenses.

Most people in the general public think this about truck drivers IMO. Obviously not all truck drivers are like this but the majority are.

theken
09-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by clem24

So you just admitted that you did do drugs... weed in high school I would hardly count as a "drug problem" haven't smoked weed since grade 12.

89coupe
09-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

Most people in the general public think this about truck drivers IMO. Obviously not all truck drivers are like this but the majority are.

Really? Again I ask, do you have real stats to show this? Or is this just another pie out of the sky statement?

Rat Fink
09-25-2010, 12:07 AM

Guillermo
09-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Pie in the sky statements for sure. There are people who make a bad image for truckers....but that is the same with any profession. When I was driving a truck, there were 10 drivers for our company. 2 of them were single, the rest were married or in long-term stable relationships. None of them were booze-hounds, none of them did drugs (frequent drug testing too). None of us had criminal records as we had to cross the border weekly and that was part of our employment screening. We all had a deal between us to make sure our trucks were clean for loading and unloading at docks, along with us wearing clean clothes and being clean shaven as it got us a lot of extra work based on our company image. We also tried to keep as professional looking as possible because it kept the DOTs off our asses. I used to keep ice cold gatorade in my fridge that I would toss to the guys loading my truck on a hot day to make sure I got courteous, and fast loading....a nice little trick to get to the front of the line so you can hit the road and make money again since we were paid per mile and worked for free while loading and unloading . All of our trucks were spotless inside, with every truck being smoke-free. I think all of us had a no shoe rule in our trucks too. Anyone getting into my truck had to leave their shoes on a little floor mat I set up.....and I drove in sock feet too. I drove flatbed and we all used to have competitions with each other on who could do the best job at strapping and chaining down loads, or who could do the best tarp job on a load of lumber, etc.

I've worked white collared jobs with people who have been far less professional than many of the truckers I have worked with.

The problem with jobs like driving a truck.....It really isn't that hard to get a class 1 license and when the economy goes down the shitter you find less people who are driving a truck because they love it, and more people who are driving a truck because it is the only work they can get. Some of the local companies run terrible equipment and can get away with paying shit to employees because there are so many people who can't get any better job. The caliber of worker drastically deteriorates. You've got local running companies that never have to worry about crossing weigh scales so they don't tie their loads down properly or close up the tarps on their dump trucks because it "takes too much time when you are only driving 10 minutes", etc, and run with equipment that would never pass an inspection.

On the other hand, there are companies that only employ die-hard truckers......the guys who love driving, who love maintaining a positive image, who love their trucks and equipment like they love the basset hound riding shotgun with them.....and the guys who to try and keep the "knights of the road" image that truckers used to be known for in the early days.

To say all truck drivers are rejects in society is just plain asinine. That is like me seeing a few engineers, accountants, IT guys, and other office workers and then saying they are all faggot starbucks sucking dweebs who drool over their Prius and other twinkle toed econoshitbox gay-mobile clown cars all day because their wives have gotten sick of their impotent pencil dicks and ran off to fuck the pool boy....well, at least 98% of them

WOW. I guess speed really DOES kill.

:rofl:

Mys73ri0
09-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by spikers

I remember back in the day, I took classes for my class 1 and air brakes, and did my road test, as per instructed, double clutching.

My first job, my boss told me I had a week to learn how to drive without the clutch or I was fired. Once someone explained it to me, I was able to do it within the day, and mastered by week's end.

If my flat deck was empty, I could accelerate with the flow of traffic with ease from a red light.
why do companies expect a driver to be able to drive w/o the clutch? just wondering i have no idea...

theken
09-25-2010, 05:08 PM
clutches/transmissions on a semi are COMPLETELY different from a car, you can't just clutch in put it into any gear you feel like and go from there, you actually have to go in order, and wait for RPM's to drop about 500 or it won't go into gear. A clutch is essentially useless and only good for starting and stopping. If you are clutching you are adding more wear and tear to the clutch as it is not needed for the most part.

Take your foot off the gas slowly and pull your car out of gear without the clutch, it's really easy to do, but lining up your RPM so it slides into gear without grinding is the hard part.

companies that expect you to drive without the clutch or you will be fired are morons, but everybody learns to do this anyways, eventually.

SJW
09-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Awesome.

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/hit-run-collision-in-se-calgary-172155.aspx

Abeo
09-25-2010, 11:59 PM
To say all truck drivers are rejects in society is just plain asinine. That is like me seeing a few engineers, accountants, IT guys, and other office workers and then saying they are all faggot starbucks sucking dweebs who drool over their Prius and other twinkle toed econoshitbox gay-mobile clown cars all day because their wives have gotten sick of their impotent pencil dicks and ran off to fuck the pool boy....well, at least 98% of them

I agreed with you until this part... I get your point, but you might want to tone it down.

As a former driver (city cabover box van), I never met any other trucker (long haul or city) that was juiced up or drunk. Warehouse workers, small (under 12k GVWR) truck drivers, yeah... but not anyone driving anything bigger than a UPS truck. I guess it helped being in an area that had aggressive mobile DOT setups.

dsr7723
09-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by SJW
Awesome.

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/hit-run-collision-in-se-calgary-172155.aspx

And where does this article say he was a class 1 licensed driver? Ever occur to you that it may have been stolen?

SJW
09-26-2010, 09:08 AM
You caught me in a moment of ambiguity.