PDA

View Full Version : misfire issues

oso_sosa
09-23-2010, 03:30 PM
i have 92 MR2 with a 3SGTE. i been having a few issues with it recently and i cant figure out what it is. after doing some driving the car lose power and starts misfiring and when you try slow down to a stop the car stalls out. and when i try to fire it up again the engine smokes quite a bit and stinks like fuel. also when you are coasting and put the pedal to floor at times there is not response whatsoever (although it doesnt misfire then). and if u leave the pedal to the floor for 10 to 20 seconds it will slowly accelerate no pass the 3500rpm. and the only problem that come to me that could cause this. is the coolant temp sensor. ECU going onto limp mode. or a valve clearance problem.

any help will be appreciated it.

mr2mike
09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Wow you've got a hurtin' car right now.

Big boost leak for the car to stall out.

New cap/rotor, plugs and wires first off. Then see what happens from there and check all the intake and intercooler pipe connections are tight.

oso_sosa
09-24-2010, 08:32 PM
the first thing i did was check vaccuum lines, intercooler pipes, im doing a tune up on it tomorrow and see how it goes from there. but the car runs fine. till u drive for like an hour and then the misfires start. sounds like the engine is getting flooded.