PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Rage2??

RecoilS14
09-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Saw this while driving back to my shop, was on shepherd rd. Is this you rage? Why ya on a flat deck? Pics are bad, but it was a matte black amg.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk242/cluciow/455cf1c5.jpg

Beyond logo on windshield
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk242/cluciow/85f1bbcd.jpg

illtim3d
09-23-2010, 04:24 PM
:burnout:

EvolizePhoto
09-23-2010, 04:26 PM
:(

MGCM
*sits down with popcorn awaiting a story*:angel:

Disoblige
Oh noo.

captain134
09-23-2010, 04:28 PM
how is that chain attached to the front bumper? I cant tell from the pic.

psycoticclown
09-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Lol, from the track day???

bastardchild
09-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Probably bringing it to the car show.

eglove
09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
no, he broke a coolant line at the track day

cycosis
09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I thought it was Rage's c63 that was matte black...

Joe-G
09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
differential line is what he told me... idk

kvg
09-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
I thought it was Rage's c63 that was matte black...
thats the clk63

7thgenvic
09-23-2010, 04:50 PM
He decided he was tired and decided to be ballin and let a truck drive him home?

banned3x
09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Hahahh that me driving the truck lol I stole his car.

JZS_147
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by captain134
how is that chain attached to the front bumper? I cant tell from the pic.

tow hook

rage2
09-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Differential cooler leaked all the oil out. :(

almerick
09-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
He decided he was tired and decided to be ballin and let a truck drive him home?

It's what I thought haha

Hope the car's okay!

911fever
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
still such a nice car

kvg
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Thats sucks. Tell you what, I'll trade you straight across even tho I'll have to repair the car.:thumbsup:

rage2
09-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Nice mess. Oh well. At least it's under warranty!

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/e33ed168.jpg

Sugarphreak
09-23-2010, 05:33 PM

Kardon
09-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Heh that sucks, wonder if a the diff will be replaced or not.

RecoilS14
09-23-2010, 05:46 PM

That sucks! How well did she perform on the track? Was it everything you were expecting when you picked this beauty up this summer?

rage2
09-23-2010, 05:59 PM
It was pretty fucking fast in the corners. I can't figure out the back end of the car though, with ESP off I thought I was going to die twice, but the track was wet and dirty. Ended up pussying out and keeping ESP on (which still lets me get slightly sideways). The car definately does not reward agressive driving styles like mine, so either I have to make a lot of tweaks to settle the back end a little more, or I have to adopt yet another different driving style.

Definately a boatload of fun at the track though, even though it was only 6 laps haha. It's unbelievable how fast I was catching up to cars in the corners.

m10-power
09-23-2010, 06:18 PM
It was pretty fucking fast in the corners. I can't figure out the back end of the car though, with ESP off I thought I was going to die twice, but the track was wet and dirty. Ended up pussying out and keeping ESP on (which still lets me get slightly sideways). The car definately does not reward agressive driving styles like mine, so either I have to make a lot of tweaks to settle the back end a little more, or I have to adopt yet another different driving style.

Definately a boatload of fun at the track though, even though it was only 6 laps haha. It's unbelievable how fast I was catching up to cars in the corners.

Good to hear it wasn't something bigger, with all the smoke I figured the engine let go. Hope the diff is ok or you still have warranty lol

Ya the track was terrible for traction today, wasn't very warm but still lots of bad slick spots. Lots of spin outs and the twinner in one wheel drive kind of sucked haha. Needs a LSD bad.

Does the AMG have an LSD or does it manage traction with the brakes...

rage2
09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Good to hear it wasn't something bigger, with all the smoke I figured the engine let go. Hope the diff is ok or you still have warranty lol

Ya the track was terrible for traction today, wasn't very warm but still lots of bad slick spots. Lots of spin outs and the twinner in one wheel drive kind of sucked haha. Needs a LSD bad.

Does the AMG have an LSD or does it manage traction with the brakes...
Yea, I have warranty on the car until 2013, so I'm good to go. These engines are pretty bulletproof. The diff is OK, the car drove fine, I just had it towed just in case. Wasn't sure how much oil was left in the diff, would've definately overheated if I drove it to the dealer.

The car has a locking diff, 30% on overrun, 10% under load. It chatters in parking lots on tight turns. Pretty funny for a production Mercedes. :D

RZRSHARP_SVX
09-23-2010, 08:58 PM
it definetly was quick. when i saw the smoke cloud i was thinking it was one of the older cars that popped. i didnt expect it to be yours. but hey shit happens and everyone had fun thats all that matters and warrenty is the best thing in the world.

Redlyne_mr2
09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Might want to try softening up the rear suspension a bit and adjusting the dampening. You seem to get on the throttle early when you're exiting the corners so a bit of squat in the rear would probably help keep traction. The car would bounce around at corner exit and even entry because of all the coilovers are set up and because the track sucks.

rage2
09-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Might want to try softening up the rear suspension a bit and adjusting the dampening. You seem to get on the throttle early when you're exiting the corners so a bit of squat in the rear would probably help keep traction. The car would bounce around at corner exit and even entry because of all the coilovers are set up and because the track sucks.
Yea, I only got 6 laps in the car with the first 2 laps just as warmup, so I can't really judge what needs to change on the setup just yet. I was overdriving a couple corners, and I think I really need to calm down my driving a little bit before making any setup changes.

I will have to check the alignment on the car though, because the car is really unstable under braking which is not right at all. I almost lost it a few times in the braking zone ENTERING the chicane, especially the lap with traction control completely off. I tried braking in different (smoother) parts down the front straight, and same thing. Maybe the track is just dirty today or something.

Did you see me at all through the corners? It felt really twitchy through pretty much every corner, and I was making tons of corrections throughout, but wasn't sure how much I was actually sliding. Was hoping someone saw something and can give me some feedback. I really don't know this car at all and haven't had enough time on the road with her.

Vagabond142
09-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Isn't there that note from Mercedes that states the traction control must stay on? :P Even Clarkson had it on! :P

freshprince1
09-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Good thing it's under warranty still. Let me know if you want to borrow my Mazda while the Merc is in the shop. I'm out of town anyways.

rage2
09-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Hope the diff is ok or you still have warranty lol
Got an update from the dealer. Diff is fine. Pump tested and is working fine. Leak came out from the overflow vent, which suggests overheating. They're looking at replacing the sensor, they think may have failed which would've caused the pump to not activate. There was still 1/2 the fluid in the diff so it didn't lose all of it. They're draining it and replacing it once they replace the sensor.

revelations
09-24-2010, 05:04 PM
^ ah so "track days" dont automatically void the warranty on these AMG cars then ... :thumbsup:

rage2
09-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by revelations
^ ah so "track days" dont automatically void the warranty on these AMG cars then ... :thumbsup:
Not on the Black Series at least. That's what they're designed for. A lot of guys in the states have the BS as a dedicated track car for that reason, because they're sick of getting deny'd by Porsche and Ferrari for warranty work stemming from track use. MB specifically markets the Black Series cars for the track:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/webspecial/clk63blackseries/

Redlyne_mr2
09-24-2010, 11:47 PM

Yea, I only got 6 laps in the car with the first 2 laps just as warmup, so I can't really judge what needs to change on the setup just yet. I was overdriving a couple corners, and I think I really need to calm down my driving a little bit before making any setup changes.

I will have to check the alignment on the car though, because the car is really unstable under braking which is not right at all. I almost lost it a few times in the braking zone ENTERING the chicane, especially the lap with traction control completely off. I tried braking in different (smoother) parts down the front straight, and same thing. Maybe the track is just dirty today or something.

Did you see me at all through the corners? It felt really twitchy through pretty much every corner, and I was making tons of corrections throughout, but wasn't sure how much I was actually sliding. Was hoping someone saw something and can give me some feedback. I really don't know this car at all and haven't had enough time on the road with her.
I was only watching from the pits so I couldn't see much of the corners. The only corner I really saw you take was the chicane where you blasted through the water like you were in a land rover commercial.

m10-power
09-25-2010, 03:29 AM

Got an update from the dealer. Diff is fine. Pump tested and is working fine. Leak came out from the overflow vent, which suggests overheating. They're looking at replacing the sensor, they think may have failed which would've caused the pump to not activate. There was still 1/2 the fluid in the diff so it didn't lose all of it. They're draining it and replacing it once they replace the sensor.

Good to hear its fine.

I'd sure like to run against you driving your old M3 with it at full power with Erik's Porsche 996TT with the AMS Billet K16 setup. The new owner was taking it pretty easy and must have had it on a very low boost setting.

Before I bought the 996TT I was really looking at a E46 M3 SMG then doing the HPF kit.

CUG
09-25-2010, 01:17 PM
The car definately does not reward agressive driving styles like mine, so either I have to make a lot of tweaks to settle the back end a little more, or I have to adopt yet another different driving style.

If I feel like there's not a lot of room on that track while on a bike, I can't imagine how it is in a car. The track rewards motard riders only, I think.

Aaron@Tuner
09-25-2010, 01:31 PM

It's hard to say because most of the time I was following you, it seemed like you were off line by a bit. Didn't seem to be cornering as fast as it could be for sure. Your car seemed to be a little slow on the corners to be honest with you, but was a beast on the straight but I don't know how hard you were pushing it on the corners. Hard to judge the chicane though as it was quite wet right before, I'm sure every car felt squirrelly there that day.

rage2
09-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Aaron@Tuner
It's hard to say because most of the time I was following you, it seemed like you were off line by a bit. Didn't seem to be cornering as fast as it could be for sure. Your car seemed to be a little slow on the corners to be honest with you, but was a beast on the straight but I don't know how hard you were pushing it on the corners. Hard to judge the chicane though as it was quite wet right before, I'm sure every car felt squirrelly there that day.
Thanks for the feedback. Odd, the car actually felt slow down the straight, but really fast in the corners. I'd say my first 2 laps was kinda slow while I was trying to warm the tires up, by the 4th lap I was overdriving a few corners entering a little too fast, then the car broke haha.

My lines were definately not the right lines, I tried to give myself some room in case I messed up bad, especially in the last few corners past the back straight/bus stop. Did the car look sideways in any of the corners at all when you were following me? Because it felt like the ass was everywhere from my perspective.

Really wish I had more than 6 laps.

S2K2
09-27-2010, 07:01 PM
i was heading down bowtrail the other day and ran into rage2 and his buddie in my civic haha
i tried to keep up but no way not in my winter beater hahah
i demand a re race lol in my s2 hahah

Kardon
09-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Car looks and sounds great.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/kardon2/rage.png

[GaGe]
10-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by S2K2
i was heading down bowtrail the other day and ran into rage2 and his buddie in my civic haha
i tried to keep up but no way not in my winter beater hahah
i demand a re race lol in my s2 hahah

is that your civic i see in varsity everyday? haha
looks like the same car we ran into on bow trail