PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Hitmen game vs Lethbridge

Stealth22
09-24-2010, 11:14 PM
I had free tickets to this game, so I went...

Holy shit, I've seen better reffing from Mick Magoof! :nut:

Final was 5-3 for the 'Canes, but Hitmen had a 2-0 lead (and were leading the shot count 12-3) before they had a parade to the penalty box in the 2nd on bullshit calls.

I usually try not to complain about the refs in a hockey game, but this is worse than the 'bad ref' NHL games I've seen. Lethbridge opened up a 4-2 lead...Hitmen got a powerplay with 2 mins left in the 3rd, pulled the goalie, and scored with a minute left. They couldn't equalize it, and Lethbridge got the empty netter with like 0.1 seconds left on the clock. Shots at the end were 32-20 for Calgary.

EDIT: Just to give you guys an idea...remember that Flames game last year vs the Kings, where the ref gave the Kings a BS penalty shot and Brown overskated the puck on his attempt? Loubardias commented "maybe the hockey gods had something to say about that penalty shot!"...the officiating tonight felt worse than that call.

Sorry for the pointless rant..I just had to get that off my mind. :drama:

Benny
09-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Happens man, it's the Dub after all. Aren't a bunch of AHL refs gonna scab for the NHL this season? Or was that just a rumor?

Stealth22
09-25-2010, 12:39 AM
This one guy had a bunch of signs. One of em had an eyechart like at the doctor's office..biggest letter, first row was 'E'. To the left, he wrote, "Hey Ref, you're right! The first letter is a 'J'!" :rofl:

I sure missed that 'Dome pizza though! :drool: :D