PDA

View Full Version : Don't bother phoning BMW Gallery for service anymore...

ICEBERG
09-25-2010, 02:20 PM
What the F@ck is going on there? I been phoning these guy's for the past 2 weeks and leaving messages to get my car in for service and they haven't returned one of my phone calls?

They F'ed up my 335i worse than it was before and promised to get my car in for service to fix the problem ASAP.. Four weeks has gone by and not one phone call from them.

I left messages with the manager(which keeps changing every month), i left messages with the service reps.(which also keeps changing all the time) and no one has returned my phone call or even bother to follow up with the Fuck-up they caused.

Had this car for over 2 years now with nothing but problems, and now it is just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

Don't know what to do here anymore? I wrote BMW Canada before and had no response from them.

I am out of ideas,

inline6turbo
09-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Go there?

benyl
09-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Buy a mercedes?

Scuderia
09-25-2010, 02:29 PM
You do know they have an actual physical location thats accessible to the public right... Just sayin.

5hift
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Show up at the dealership on a busy Sat and be very vocal about your situation in the showroom. On top of that dont write a letter to BMW Canada, call. Keep calling going up the chain of command until you get someone who will promise results.

I had a similar situation but with Honda West when I needed warantee work on a car. Couldn't even get a reply from them as they knew exactly what I needed was going to cost them.

The two things I suggested got me in days later, after trying for almost a month the normal way.

adidas
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Its sunny out, its a saturday, its mid afternoon, start bitching at the manager in front of everyone, it will resolve the problem really quickly.

gram
09-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Seems like this is the norm for Calgary BMW dealerships. I absolutely hated taking my 335 in for any service there. I would have to tell you that it is completely different in Vancouver but that doesn't help your situation at all.

What I did is just called roadside assistance and had it towed in to the dealer if they were being a pain in the butt(which was common in Calgary). Apparently they don't like to have repeat customers in Calgary :)

Just have it towed in to the dealership, don't tell them it's happening and tell roadside assistance that it isn't driving in a safe manner any longer. When the car is towed in it opens a ticket with BMW N/A and they ensure it is out of the dealer semi quickly.

Hope that helps,

cycosis
09-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Buy a mercedes?

Right cause their service is sooo much better.

I was in for my service B, which was an oil change, brake line flush and "general inspection", car only had 3,000 more kms on it from its previous service. Bill Came out to $440.

I wasn't upset or bitching but I asked for an explanation as to why it cost so much and the fucking service bitch says if I have to ask I probably shouldnt be owning a Merc! WTF???? What kind of service is that?

Also, about a year ago, I had issues with my rear brakes causing too much brake dust, so I went online to MBworld.org and found a TSB that said there was indeed a problem but no recall. However if I brought the car in, and showed the number, I should get new pads.

Brought it in, (had to drive up from Lethbridge), and they bascially told me to fuck off. Had to call the service manager and then come back up the next weekend. The service manager was good and sat down at his comp and I showed him the info and got me booked in, but I over heard his "corrective" talk with the service rep who told me to get lost and she said: "I cant deal with people who get that technical!" hahah again, wtf? Stupid fat bitch

T-Dubbs
09-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by cycosis

I was in for my service B, which was an oil change, brake line flush and "general inspection", car only had 3,000 more kms on it from its previous service. Bill Came out to $440.

I wasn't upset or bitching but I asked for an explanation as to why it cost so much and the fucking service bitch says if I have to ask I probably shouldnt be owning a Merc! WTF???? What kind of service is that?
shes right
if your complaining about a 440$ bill, then maybe you shouldnt have a new mercedes.

max_boost
09-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
What the F@ck is going on there? I been phoning these guy's for the past 2 weeks and leaving messages to get my car in for service and they haven't returned one of my phone calls?

They F'ed up my 335i worse than it was before and promised to get my car in for service to fix the problem ASAP.. Four weeks has gone by and not one phone call from them.

I left messages with the manager(which keeps changing every month), i left messages with the service reps.(which also keeps changing all the time) and no one has returned my phone call or even bother to follow up with the Fuck-up they caused.

Had this car for over 2 years now with nothing but problems, and now it is just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

Don't know what to do here anymore? I wrote BMW Canada before and had no response from them.

I am out of ideas,

Go down and see them is best bet because then they can't avoid you.

redlyne_mr2 works at Gallery as a business manager so maybe he can help out in some way.

Well they are definitely more efficient in booking appointments haha but service is not cheap and there's no set price either :dunno: :nut:

1st service on SLK: $300
2nd service on SLK: $600

At least it was every 15,000kms.

Shlade
09-25-2010, 03:06 PM
fuck warranty do your own maintenance

sneek
09-25-2010, 03:12 PM
BMW Galley was always a gong show to get my 335 serviced. I kind of want another one come 2011, but I am now considering an E-Coupe :poosie:

I have heard pretty good things about Mercedes service, but like everything in life, it comes at a price!

CUG
09-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs

shes right
if your complaining about a 440$ bill, then maybe you shouldnt have a new mercedes. I don't know if you're trolling or not, but this is about the dumbest fucking bullshit attitude I've ever heard. The reason people are able to buy a mercedes benz is because they ARE watching their dimes, not trying to impress some completely NON-FACTOR $15/hour fucking service adviser. "Yeah, man, I'm just gonna not ask about extra charges on my invoice, or clarify what got done on my car because, well, I can afford it, so I shouldn't ask man"

People like that will never, ever be well off, and if they are temporarily, it's precisely that: temporary.

ICEBERG
09-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Thank's guys.

I will try to get down there. When you own your own business it is hard to deal with these kind of problems, I just don't have the luxury go down there when ever I want. I just wanted to resolve matter over the phone. I really didn,t think it would be this hard for them to return a phone call.

TeamBestBud
09-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Brian Jessel bmw in vancouver ftw.

cycosis
09-25-2010, 03:34 PM

shes right
if your complaining about a 440$ bill, then maybe you shouldnt have a new mercedes.

Learn to read the post. Only asked for an explanation, didnt complain. You just pay bills, whatever the amount, without seeing what and why you you were charged? BS

benyl
09-25-2010, 03:53 PM

Learn to read the post. Only asked for an explanation, didnt complain. You just pay bills, whatever the amount, without seeing what and why you you were charged? BS

I have dealt with both. I can tell you that Lonestar is 10x better than BMW gallery. You think your story is bad? I have far worse stories about Gallery. I am happy to pay for service, cause the free shit with BMW is just a hassle.

Zewind
09-25-2010, 03:59 PM

Brought it in, (had to drive up from Lethbridge), and they bascially told me to fuck off. Had to call the service manager and then come back up the next weekend. The service manager was good and sat down at his comp and I showed him the info and got me booked in, but I over heard his "corrective" talk with the service rep who told me to get lost and she said: "I cant deal with people who get that technical" hahah again, wtf? Stupid fat bitch

WTF - Im sorry for researching my problem before I came in.

Redlyne_mr2
09-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Max_boost, I handle lease renewal not bus manager.

Iceberg, I'm not going to post up any lame excuses as to why no one is calling you back. Have you tried booking your appointment online using Xtime? '

see www.bmwgallery.ca

This dealership isn't perfect but they really are trying. There goal is to be #1 in service by 2015 and although it's a lofty goal it is a goal that the managers are taking seriously so heads will roll when they hear your issues.

Can I have our service manager call you on Monday? If so please pm me your full name and phone number.

T-Dubbs
09-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CUG
. The reason people are able to buy a mercedes benz is because they ARE watching their dimes

:facepalm:

Learn to read the post. Only asked for an explanation
you wanted an explanation? you got one.
you drive a NEW german car

ICEBERG
09-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Iceberg, I'm not going to post up any lame excuses as to why no one is calling you back. Have you tried booking your appointment online using Xtime? '

see www.bmwgallery.ca

This dealership isn't perfect but they really are trying. There goal is to be #1 in service by 2015 and although it's a lofty goal it is a goal that the managers are taking seriously so heads will roll when they hear your issues.

Can I have our service manager call you on Monday? If so please pm me your full name and phone number.

Thank's Redlyne,

No, i didn't book an appoitment online. The reason was, the service advisor told me that they would call me ASAP when an openning comes up to fix the screw-up they made. So that's why i waited for them to call me back on this issue rather than booking again.

I can understand if they are short of staff or if i have to wait longer to get my car in service because they are very bussy. But at least phone me and let me know what is going on there so i don't have to chase after them.

Anyways i will PM you my info with the Customer number. It would be great if someone calls me and let's me know what is going on?

thanks for your help,

VWEvo
09-25-2010, 04:30 PM

see www.bmwgallery.ca

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ryan's the best!!!

I use to have alot of problems, lately they have been better. Honestly, you should have your sales rep help you out, I have in the past, and he's always on top of everything. BMW is definately not the best, but luckily they're cars are pretty awesome!!

ICEBERG
09-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ryan's the best!!!

I use to have alot of problems, lately they have been better. Honestly, you should have your sales rep help you out, I have in the past, and he's always on top of everything. BMW is definately not the best, but luckily they're cars are pretty awesome!!

Yeah, my Sales rep. Geovanni was awesome. He helped me with lot of my problems. Before than it was Dom... But they no longer work there.:(

EDIT: Dom D' Antonio use to work at LONE STAR mercedes where i got my first benz from him. Then he quit over there to goto BMW Gallery, which he begged me to buy a BMW.. So i sold the Benz and got a BMW x5 from the gallery about 6 years ago.

TYMSMNY
09-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Talk to the service manager, get you in right away. :D

Scuderia
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM

:facepalm:

you wanted an explanation? you got one.
you drive a NEW german car

I don't why you would facepalm that when it's 100% right?:dunno:

Aleks
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM

shes right

She should have told him to get a BMW instead that service is free, if you can get an appt ;)

I've had no complaints about BMW Gallery so far. Always get appointments quickly and they offer loaners if you need it.

M.alex
09-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Why don't you build your own car? Then you only have yourself to look to when it fails. :dunno:

Scuderia
09-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
Why don't you build your own car? Then you only have yourself to look to when it fails. :dunno:

And he's back... it was nice while it lasted.

M.alex
09-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Scuderia

And he's back... it was nice while it lasted.

buy a mercedes or lexus - valid idea

build your own car - invalid idea

:nut:

Scuderia
09-26-2010, 01:44 AM

buy a mercedes or lexus - valid idea

build your own car - invalid idea

:nut:

Offer helpful advice or criticize retarded advice - valid idea

Gloating in every thread about building your own cars and suggesting it in threads where it would obviously be of no help due to the extremely slim chance of OP solving his problem by building a fucking automobile - invalid idea

T-Dubbs
09-26-2010, 12:24 PM

I don't why you would facepalm that when it's 100% right?:dunno:
did you not see why i was face palming?
go back and read

Scuderia
09-26-2010, 01:35 PM

did you not see why i was face palming?
go back and read

I don't have to go back and read, I know what he said. He said something like "the people that own mercedes' do so because they ARE watching their dimes", and you facepalmed that. Why would you facepalm that?

KandabashiDevil
09-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Buy a mercedes?

:rolleyes:
... The retards on beyond never fail.

How do you two losers even manage the mental power to operate a computer?
Or do the assistants at the mental hospital do it for you?

911fever
09-26-2010, 01:47 PM

you're a retard wow

kvg
09-26-2010, 01:57 PM

M.alex
What I drive: Nothing

We can tell:banghead:

EDIT: cobra!!! Nice!!! But some of us need a reliable daily driver.

slinkie
09-26-2010, 02:12 PM

Gloating in every thread about building your own cars and suggesting it in threads where it would obviously be of no help due to the extremely slim chance of OP solving his problem by building a fucking automobile - invalid idea

im dying here lol

edit for poster above me i believe he has a kit cobra or something, his car net worth is more than most beyonders anyway

M.alex
09-26-2010, 03:17 PM

How is 'buy mecedes/lexus' helpful?

I didn't have anything to add so I figured I'd throw in a LOLZ comment too. Jeese, sorry!

Scuderia
09-26-2010, 03:26 PM

How is 'buy mecedes/lexus' helpful?

I didn't have anything to add so I figured I'd throw in a LOLZ comment too. Jeese, sorry!

Oh okay, I thought you were being serious. Like when you were 2EFNANNOYING and a poster would make a thread about having hemroids, and you would come in and say "real men build their own cars like me and my mustang LULZ"

badatusrnames
09-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by kvg

M.alex
What I drive: Nothing

We can tell:banghead:

That's because his car is literally being built right now, by himself, in his garage... his latest car at least.

benyl
09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil

:rolleyes:
... The retards on beyond never fail.

How do you two losers even manage the mental power to operate a computer?
Or do the assistants at the mental hospital do it for you?

Reading fails for you. Thanks for your input. Please come again.

I have dealt with Gallery plenty. Buying a Merc isn't a bad solution actually.

M.alex
09-27-2010, 12:40 AM

Buying a Merc isn't a bad solution actually.

Borrowing Rage's is an even better one apparently :rofl: :angel:

Danny Meehan
09-27-2010, 01:38 AM
I wasn't upset or bitching but I asked for an explanation as to why it cost so much and the fucking service bitch says if I have to ask I probably shouldnt be owning a Merc!
that is funny, until it happens to you : ( It's a shame

ICEBERG
09-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Two more messages to BMW Gallery this morning. Still no Reply.. Looks like i have to go there and start some $hit. I tried to do this the nice way but looks like being nice doesn't F@cking work anymore in this city. If a dealer can't pick up a phone and call their costumer than i will have nothing to with them in the future and bring no business to them...

This is the last BMW i will be driving.

Anyone recommend a good Audi or porsche Rep... We are expecting another baby so,I am going out this week to look at the new Cayenne and the Audi Q7. Screw BMW...

Redlyne_mr2
09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
ICEBERG, Please check your PM, I just got into work and our service manager is away until Thursday. I am having someone else contact you.
thanks

ICEBERG
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
ICEBERG, Please check your PM, I just got into work and our service manager is away until Thursday. I am having someone else contact you.
thanks

Very Appreciated.

Thank you,

Impreza
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I feel your pain.

BMW Gallery sent me a letter in regards to my warranty expiring. In the letter, they told me about the extended warranty that I can purchase. They told me to contact the finance manager, Lovelyn. I left a few messages and surprise surprise, no replies. Can I purchase the extended warranty from any BMW dealer?

Edit: Got a call today to sort everything out.

Buster
09-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that Calgary BMW was the worst BMW dealer in the country. I know many people who feel it is the worst dealer they have ever encountered of any make.

nixrx8
09-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Buster
I thought it was common knowledge that Calgary BMW was the worst BMW dealer in the country. I know many people who feel it is the worst dealer they have ever encountered of any make.

:werd: I've heard many horror stories, my expierences alone are why i'm now driving an Audi.

ICEBERG
09-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey guy's

Thank's to Ryan at BMW Gallery everything worked out. They got my 335i in service within an hour after Ryan talk to the service manager, and also supplied me with a loaner..

I drove the car over there in a Limp Mode. The car is giving bunch of miss-firing codes. Maybe new set of injectors again or a new fuel pump will get me going for another couple months.:D

Thank's for your help Ryan, Appreciated.

cheers,

rm777
09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
It's good that someone from the dealership helped you out, but still makes me think twice about buying a BMW when I graduate. Very nice cars, but I have heard nothing but complaints about the service departments in both of the dealerships in Calgary.

Aleks
09-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by rm777
It's good that someone from the dealership helped you out, but still makes me think twice about buying a BMW when I graduate. Very nice cars, but I have heard nothing but complaints about the service departments in both of the dealerships in Calgary.

You hear only the bad stories from the dealers, seldom good ones. Also Calgary has a larger number of BMWs on the road compared to many other cities which may be the reason why you hear so many bad stories, combined with the fact it's the same owner.

My brother and I have never had any issues with service there but we don't drive 335s that seem to fail a lot more than the non turbo versions :dunno:

Tik-Tok
09-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

You hear only the bad stories from the dealers, seldom good ones. Also Calgary has a larger number of BMWs on the road compared to many other cities which may be the reason why you hear so many bad stories, combined with the fact it's the same owner.

In Vancouver, BMW's are like Civic's. I've heard a few negative things about the dealership there, but no where close to the ones here, same with Subaru.

The problem with both those makes is there isn't enough competition in Calgary. If you want a Subie or BMW you have 2 choices for both. In Vancouver you have 4 choices for both.

dsr7723
09-27-2010, 06:08 PM

shes right

I agree but being a condescending cunt likely isn't in her job description either.

DariuszZ
09-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Buy a Hyundai. :) 2011 Sonata ftw!
Haha jk but yea i feel bad for you.

Redlyne_mr2
09-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I.A, it was no problem at all, I didn't want to dissapear in hiding like other Beyond automotive dealers have done in the past. You should have seen the look on our general managers face when I told him no one was calling you back. He was livid that you had been receiving such bad service. Now lets just hope all goes well with the repair work. There is an updated fuel pump and upgraded injectors available for your car so that should help cure the problems you're having. Let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.

- Ryan

SCHIDER23
09-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Man good to know there is a contact that can be trusted at BMW :thumbsup: for Redlyne :thumbsup:, now if we can get somebody else at the other trouble dealers we are set.:thumbsup:

Op good to hear you were helped.:)

Muji
09-28-2010, 09:47 AM

shes right

Getting a clear picture of what you were charged for is not being petty or an idiot at all. It is the fool and in my experience dealing with clients the wanna-look-wealthy-but-ain't-got-a-pot-to-piss-in type who like to look the part and do not question their bills. Smart is asking, only an overextended fool pays the man without a total picture.

As for a smart ass comment from the billing department lady about "if you gotta ask....", right there and then, let me see the owner of the dealership. Right fucking now. I cannot imagine an owner putting up with that crap at all and in my experience they never do, and if he did, he too would be blacklisted from the places I choose to spend my money.

Muji
09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
I.A, it was no problem at all, I didn't want to dissapear in hiding like other Beyond automotive dealers have done in the past. You should have seen the look on our general managers face when I told him no one was calling you back. He was livid that you had been receiving such bad service. Now lets just hope all goes well with the repair work. There is an updated fuel pump and upgraded injectors available for your car so that should help cure the problems you're having. Let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.

- Ryan

This is the sort of employee that is perfect, getting the job done and keeping everyone informed. Good going, too bad some dead weight in every company can drag down the ship.