PDA

View Full Version : Flames Season Ticket Holder - Jason Fillion scams me out of $3K+ - BEYOND CSI HELP

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

habshabs
09-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone - Just thought I would share a little ordeal I had have to deal with over the past few weeks and was wondering what my next steps should be. I apologize in advance if this is a little long winded...

Back in March, I had answered an ad on Kijiji for Flames Season tickets for the upcoming year. Normally I am very skeptical of most ads on there, but as it turns out, I had dealt with this guy before when I had purchased a few pairs off of him in 2008. I had met him in person at his office in Kensington and he seemed to be legit as at the time he was a mortgage broker. I had also talked to his wife at the time and as it turned out the tickets were legit and I didn't have any problems.

So... fast forward to this past March and Jason agreed to sell me the full season for $6,500. The seats were in Section 213 Row 22 so I thought it was a decent price. He wanted half of the amount upfront ($3,250) which I thought was reasonable, given that was when the first payment was due to the Flames for renewal according to some of my friends that have season tickets. He seemed to be in a huge rush to get the cash off of me which should have been a warning sign at the time, but again, given my dealings with him before I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I got him to sign an agreement and I paid via check which was cashed right away.

Starting about a month ago, I sent him an email asking if he had the tickets in yet with no response. I tried calling both his cell and office numbers, both of which were disconnected which was the first thing that started to get me worried. I was able to track down a home number from an old email back in 2008 and was relieved to find it was still active. I left several voicemail messages over the next week or so and even talked to his kids a couple of times... each time I was told that both Jason and his wife were not home.

The week before the preseason was about to begin... I tried calling again on a Saturday afternoon, but this time I used my girlfriend's cell and lo and behold he answers! He tells me that he was meaning to call me but has been really busy with work... I ask him if he has the tickets and he replies no... then he says that he has company over and he will call me back at 7pm that evening... of course...I never received a call. I continued to call and leave voicemails and emailed both him and his wife and still no response.

Last week after three weeks of not being able to get a hold of either of them and the first preseason game just around the corner, I begin to realize that I am officially being scammed. I tried calling the Flames sales office to see if they could give me any information but they said they can't because of Canadian privacy laws.... they say the only way they can give info if the cops get involved. ..so I call the cops and surprising enough, they can charge him with fraud so they took a report, but who knows how long that will take and whether I will ever see anything from it.

So, now I'm out $3,250 and dont' really know what my next steps should be. Who knows if he did this to others or if it was just me. It wasn't exactly a sophisticated fraud given I paid him by check and he signed an agreement so there is definitely a paper trail, especially given I know that they were his season tickets in the past! I have found 3 different potential home addresses online for him all in the South, but who knows if he actually still lives at any of these addresses. At this point, I don't even care about the tickets... I just want my cash back.

Here's the information I have on him:
Name - Jason Fillion
Wife - Lanie Fillion
Former employer - mortgage broker - Mortgage Alliance
Current employer - President, Lucrative Timing - well most current I have
Vehicle - Silver/Grey Nissan Armada - what he was driving when I paid him in March

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I always got a bit of a bad vibe off this guy. He was always talking a big game. He even actually called me out of the blue a couple of times after not having talked to him the first time after a year trying to get me to invest in this or that and that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity blah blah blah.

I guess the lesson learned from this is to trust my own intuition.. I'm still hoping that I can get this cash back somehow...just not sure how... if he claims to be the entrepreneur/institutional investor that he is...surely, anyone trying to google him will come across this thread and steer clear.

If anyone else has any suggestions on what to do next, they would be more than welcome!

403Gemini
09-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Same guy I wonder?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/article828019.ece

"Jason Fillion knows he isn't an ideal loan customer for a bank or any other old-school financial institution. Back in 2000, his computer store in Enderby, B.C., went belly up, leaving $48,000 in unpaid debts...."

cjay^
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Same guy I wonder?

"Jason Fillion knows he isn't an ideal loan customer for a bank or any other old-school financial institution. Back in 2000, his computer store in Enderby, B.C., went belly up, leaving $48,000 in unpaid debts...."

Was just going to post that.

http://whois.domaintools.com/jasonfillion.com

habshabs
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Same guy I wonder?

I know he said he was originally from BC and had only been out in Calgary for a few yrs...so that would make sense..

cam_wmh
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/jason-fillion/18/441/a94

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=564320976&ref=ts

ricosuave
09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
https://www.facebook.com/EbonyKnight71?ref=sgm

BenC
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
oh this will be interesting
op hopefully you can get your $ back from this dbag

Nissanaddict
09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Is it his name on the season tickets? I'm not sure if it'll help you immediately, but I'd e-mail the Flames as well (Ken King directly if you can)

copynpaste
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AAAAAwAgACAAAAAJE_b-g3i3hZ756Fhj_OV5g79TJtY-3nwKBss-7o9fruk80DsTsDJ3k5tnkmdKhXkQDwcdjyT-yL-2cavKVODsCTUg6vAcY88w5Vnvgvw5M5hTaM2bluTlAwdteH46ziFs&size=normal

What a piece of trash his wife is.

To scam someone over 3k really...u have no soul.

habshabs
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
Is it his name on the season tickets? I'm not sure if it'll help you immediately, but I'd e-mail the Flames as well (Ken King directly if you can)

I never saw whether the ticket booklet was under his name or his wifes but I assume it was one of them.. calling the Flames was no help... I guess I could try emailing him.

That facebook link is actually him... he looks pretty tough in the pic, but in reality, he's a pretty small guy

kvg
09-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Do you know his address? If you have his home number that should help to find it.

copynpaste
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by habshabs

I never saw whether the ticket booklet was under his name or his wifes but I assume it was one of them.. calling the Flames was no help... I guess I could try emailing him.

That facebook link is actually him... he looks pretty tough in the pic, but in reality, he's a pretty small guy

Go into the police station (fraud dept I think its the one by the winter club but 100% sure) and they will go with you to pay a visit at the scammers place.

Stealth22
09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
You could even call the 'consumer alert' reporter at CTV Calgary! :rofl:

adidas
09-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I dont understand ur logic!

You seem to have found out 3 potential address's, i aint sure why you aint camping outside the place seeing if he actually lives there.

googe
09-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Haha, if his title is "President", he does not have an employer. When people like him, and Sean Banerjee, and Pete Danihel (pr0) are unemployed, they dream up a bogus company, call themselves the president of it, and try to either sell snake oil or just outright scam people. That's why you got a cold call from him.

They owe so many people so much money that as soon as you give them some, they'll use it to get another guy off their back and worry about you later (never).

He probably does not have the tickets, otherwise he would be desperate for the other half of your money.

There is one way you might get your money back, and that is if you scare him badly enough that paying you to go away will hurt him less than holding off on paying someone else. For that to work though, he has to have some way of getting that much in the first place.

CUG
09-27-2010, 12:55 AM
This is the wife of the person in question.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs353.snc4/41668_564320976_5966_n.jpg

OP, I'm able to help with this in terms of reconnaissance and possibly collection attempts, provided there is strict adherence to the law.

Type_S1
09-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Why haven't you shown up at the adresses with multiple people? Sat on the front lawn...rang the doorbell for 45mins straight and not leave until he comes to the door....show up at his work and cause a huge shitshow...etc etc etc.

2002civic
09-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Why not call the Nissan dealers in town and pretend to be Jason Fillion, say you have moved and ask what the address on file is and last time you got an oil change, it may give you an idea of the address and how recent it is.

Mixalot27
09-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Maybe you need a fence built:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-services-skilled-trades-Decks-Fences-and-Renovations-Repairs-Quality-Jobs-Done-Right-W0QQAdIdZ211924262

Or some computer repair work:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-services-computer-Computer-Virus-Cleaning-Data-Recovery-System-Builds-W0QQAdIdZ212749034

speedog
09-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Looks liek he's has some Seadoo's for sale too. (http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-seadoos-water-powersports-2-Seadoos-with-a-trailer-toolbox-covers-tube-W0QQAdIdZ226196806)

Chester
09-27-2010, 08:07 AM
He probably needs the money to fix his wifes face.

dsr7723
09-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Why the fuck would you trust a mortgage broker with ANYTHING to begin with???

projekz
09-27-2010, 10:16 AM
*Popcorn*

AaronK
09-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Thats shitty man, if I were you contact the police and see what they can do.

bubbley
09-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Broker SHAWN ASHLEY SELANDERS
This Brokerage is a CORPORATION
Full and Exact Corporate Name of Brokerage 1460819 ALBERTA LTD
Registered Trade Name of Brokerage DOMINION LENDING CENTRES - THE FIRM
Address 185 31 SOUTHRIDGE DRIVE
City/Province OKOTOKS / ALBERTA
Postal Code T1S 2N3
Telephone 403-995-3555
Fax Number 403-995-3557
Email Address [email protected]

Member Name Brokerage Category Status Issue Date Expiry Date
JASON ANDREW. FILLION 1460819 ALBERTA LTD O/A DOMINION LENDING CENTRES - THE FIRM Associate 4/20/2010 9/21/2010

He used to work at the above Brokerage "Dominion Lending Centres" his mortgage liscence just expired a week ago and hasnt renewed yet. But this is where he works looks like okotoks. That okotoks address above seems to be the address of the brokerage at first glance. But after googling the brokerage with the words okotoks you learn its different. So I am guessing your man lives at the above address unless hes moved since APRIL.

Oh yeah, I forgot the above is all PUBLIC INFORMATION available at www.reca.ca

Goodluck man

EDIT: looks like that is the brokerage address, give them a call.

FraserB
09-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Set up a meet for one of his ads where we are all there?

Kloubek
09-27-2010, 11:35 AM
There is so much information on this guy, it should not be a problem finding him.

I'm in for a Beyond meet.... :thumbsup:

FraserB
09-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Here is his Twitter, really inspired stuff.

http://twitter.com/ebonyknight

I wonder if he scams people from his home in Auburn Bay?

403-873-5020
270 Autumn Cir SE
Calgary, AB T3M 0J8

His new Bobcat service company

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-services-skilled-trades-Bobcat-Snow-Removal-Landscaping-Construction-Services-W0QQAdIdZ230311667

All this is linked off the ads that Mixalot and Speedog posted with an address in Auburn Bay, canada411 shows J Fillions number in Auburn Bay, googling the phone number there gives the Kijiji ad and a google of jason fillion in calgary gives the twitter.

Kloubek
09-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Here is his Twitter, really inspired stuff.

http://twitter.com/ebonyknight

I wonder if he scams people from his home in Auburn Bay?

403-873-5020
270 Autumn Cir SE
Calgary, AB T3M 0J8

Oooohhhh boy... this is getting good.

Love his twitter: "I love helping people". Yeah, I bet you do.

The more I think about it, the more I actually think Beyond should stay out of this one... other than supplying important information such as this. If the cops have a case, it is better to get the guy charged with fraud than anything I think...

911fever
09-27-2010, 11:55 AM
:rofl: :rofl: @ this guy

Canucks3322
09-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by dsr7723
Why the fuck would you trust a mortgage broker with ANYTHING to begin with???

HAHA! I was gonna say the same thing...they're right up there with Used Car Salesmen and lawyers.....

On top of that...he's a Flames' fan...:rofl:

JAYMEZ
09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
What a tool!

syeve
09-27-2010, 12:16 PM
In for long over-due Beyond CSI goodness.

FraserB
09-27-2010, 12:18 PM

max_boost
09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
LOL I know Jason Fillion. He use to regularly eat at my restaurant. Tried to get me into a bunch of investments etc. Seemed like an alright guy but definitely a talker. His wife was apparently quite the online shark in Poker lol Well this is from what he tells me. I'm sure he's around and locating him won't be difficult.

$3K ain't no chump change so I hope you get it back.

habshabs
09-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks everyone for all of the responses... there definitely seems to be a lot of info out there on him. I debated about showing up at the various addresses that I have been able to find, but then I called the cops to see if I could get him charged criminally and they said yes so I filed a report early last week. The cops told me to leave it to them and not contact him. My only concern with this is we all know how slow the legal system works which is why I thought this would be a quicker and much more efficient solution. At the end of the day, although it would be nice for him to pay for this with a fraud charge, I more than anything want my cash back.

Based on the fact that he seems to know be a jack of all trades - computer repairman/deck installer/used seadoo salesman, he has most definitely fallen on tough times which is why he didn't probably renew his season tickets and thus scammed me.

Nonetheless, a little Beyond type pressure is hopefully going to force him to pay me what he owes me, rather than having a criminal record as a fraudster and a damaged reputation if anyone ever tries to look this guy up online

I will keep everyone updated if I hear from him!

Modelexis
09-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Try knocking on the door of 270 Auburn Circle and see if Fiona from Shrek opens the door.

I found another angle that shows the resemblance slightly more accurately....

Modelexis
09-27-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.modelexis.com/beyond/shrek.jpg

urban.one
09-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Even if hes charged with fraud, it wont get you your money back. Youd still have to sue him.
Why not just file a case in small claims court right now especially since you have leads on where he may live so that you can serve him?

3drian
09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

e31
09-27-2010, 01:50 PM
:rofl:

Amazingly this guy is far dumber than Banerjee. The Banerjee had no fixed address and was over 1000kms away from areas actively patrolled by Beyond.

This guy's name is all over the web, he is located within Calgary, and he is now in trouble with the law. Doesn't stand a chance.

It would be easiest for him to just cooperate from the get-go, but I personally would wait for the cops to pick him up. That way he gets charged & you still recover your money. They might have to repo his car or house to do so but those are the consequences of being a dead-beat.

Stealth22
09-27-2010, 02:12 PM
^ :werd:

Leave it to CPS. You'll probably have to sue him regardless, he's not going to just give you back your money if you ask for it.

dexlargo
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Even if hes charged with fraud, it wont get you your money back. Youd still have to sue him. Maybe not. Victims can request restitution through the prosecution. A judge could then make a compensation order which would have the same force and effect as a judgment from suing in small claims. Another option the judge could impose is to make paying restitution a part of a probation order, so if the probationer didn't pay, he could be charged with failing to comply with his probation order.

syeve
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
he's not going to just give you back your money if you ask for it.

O Yee of little faith!

Chantastic
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
http://www.modelexis.com/beyond/shrek.jpg

Oh man I almost LOL'ed in my class

freshprince1
09-27-2010, 02:58 PM

googe
09-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Eh, leave the personal attacks on the girl out of it. Makes everyone look bad. I'd question the judgement of anyone that keeps him as company, but she could be alright, we don't know.

habshabs
09-27-2010, 08:49 PM
UPDATE - so, after 4 weeks of no response, lo and behold, he emails me twice today after hearing about this thread. I'm not sure I need to paste his lengthy and drawn out responses here so I will paraphrase:

Essentially, he says his life has spiralled out of control - his business went bankrupt, his business partner screwed him...it goes on and on and on and on. He said he no longer has the tickets as he didn't renew them because "it was a choice to pay for the rent". It was his full attention to pay me back which clearly I don't believe given I have been hassling him every day for about a month. The "I haven't had time" excuse just doesn't cut it here. He claims to have been too busy and hasn't been home as he has been trying to keep his wife and kids alive as they have had "no power, gas or water for weeks".

He goes on to dissect every paragraph of my initial post explaining things away... I can post it here, but I'm not sure it would help anything... it is such a sad story, I almost actually feel bad...but who knows how much of it is actually true.

By Wednesday, things are potentially turning around for him so he says he will contact me then... again, I will believe it when I see it.

My response to this was that I feel for him, but ultimately that is not my problem.... he took a significant sum of cash from me and knew full well that he wasn't going to be delivering on tickets long ago, nor has he made any effort to try and sort things out until now of course.

His next email a couple of hrs later was a little testier... he claims that my "BLOG friends" have been sending him and his family death threats (I hope not) and he threatens to report me to my employer and the media... pffff

Again, he says he will make good on his debt... only time will tell.

I will keep everyone posted and again, thanks for the help!

habshabs
09-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by googe
Eh, leave the personal attacks on the girl out of it. Makes everyone look bad. I'd question the judgement of anyone that keeps him as company, but she could be alright, we don't know.

I second leaving out the personal attacks on his wife.. he claims she had nothing to do with it and that is one thing I do believe.

ricosuave
09-27-2010, 09:05 PM
I would not let up for a second with this douche.

We all have our own problems.

In no way, shape or form does ripping someone else off for $3K justify it.

toyboy88
09-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
I would not let up for a second with this douche.

We all have our own problems.

In no way, shape or form does ripping someone else off for $3K justify it.

This :werd:

Canucks3322
09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
it is such a sad story, I almost actually feel bad...but who knows how much of it is actually true.

Again, he says he will make good on his debt... only time will tell.

I will keep everyone posted and again, thanks for the help!

*ahem* *cough* *cough* he used to be a mortgage broker and a salesman....

projekz
09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Rage2 should open a Nigerian branch to solve the scamming issues...It would do quite well LOL The near mention of Beyond and scammers pee their pants asking for forgiveness :rofl: :rofl:

Muji
09-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste
http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AAAAAwAgACAAAAAJE_b-g3i3hZ756Fhj_OV5g79TJtY-3nwKBss-7o9fruk80DsTsDJ3k5tnkmdKhXkQDwcdjyT-yL-2cavKVODsCTUg6vAcY88w5Vnvgvw5M5hTaM2bluTlAwdteH46ziFs&size=normal

What a piece of trash his wife is.

To scam someone over 3k really...u have no soul.

No soul indeed, does he have more soul if he did the same scam on ten people? Think about it, this is not the only guy asking for his deposit back for ghost tickets. The guy is scum. I lay a sweet $100 that there are more complaints to come.

Z_Fan
09-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I'd bet his story his mostly bullshit.

You should post it so the beyond CSI can validate the information. I'd bet most of it is concocted crap.

Originally posted by Chester
He probably needs the money to fix his wifes face.

:devil:

CUG
09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Content adjusted for the greater good :)

Kloubek
09-27-2010, 10:54 PM
I do realize that sometimes things go wrong in one's life. Usually, they are self-inflicted. Sometimes they are not.

But as unfortunate as that might be for him, that does not in any way detract from the facts. And the fact is that he took your money and ran. (In essence)

At the end of the day, it really doesn't make a difference what is happening in his life - a fraud is a fraud. Someone who steals because their family is hungry might have more of a reason than others to do so, but it is still stealing.

And in this case, it is still fraud.

If it was me, I would give him one week to beg or borrow the money from elsewhere - after which case I would go after him with everything. If he knows what is good for him, he'll figure out a way to make it right... even if he has to make hard decisions to make it happen.

Otherwise, he's simply a crook - and needs to be treated as such.

Canucks3322
09-27-2010, 11:24 PM
OP, you are ignoring the facts...don't be fooled by his bullshit salesman techniques in explaining things away...the FACT is that he IGNORED your calls and messages, there is no excuse for that, if he had all these bullshit reasons why didn't he tell you that from the beginning...have the cops gotten back to you yet? I hope you get your money back AND get him charged with fraud....low life scumbags.

CUG
09-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
OP, you are ignoring the facts...don't be fooled by his bullshit salesman techniques in explaining things away...the FACT is that he IGNORED your calls and messages, there is no excuse for that, if he had all these bullshit reasons why didn't he tell you that from the beginning...have the cops gotten back to you yet? I hope you get your money back AND get him charged with fraud....low life scumbags. He's well aware of what is going on, and has covered his bets accordingly.

Lex350
09-27-2010, 11:27 PM
hahaha...Beyond just loves it when they get the scent of blood. :D

Jlude
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I might be wrong, but really hope the OP isn't getting a soft spot for this guy and his "stories". Who gives a sweet fuck... dude ripped you off and I honestly believe had it not been for the Beyond CSI powers, this guy would keep ignoring you. He's only doing something now because he's going to be forced to do something. Don't let up for one second, don't give this guy a week... tell him you want your fucking money NOW. I'd be asking for interest if I were you.

Rat Fink
09-27-2010, 11:53 PM

adidas
09-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Rat Fink u want to disclose the persons name that you mentioned in ur post? Ive met quite a similar person and want to know if its the same dumbass. Just the first name is fine.

OP, Make him pay you TOMORROW. Not the next day or a week down the road. Aint the time to play around, call him and let him know. Its either 3K in cash, or you will be over with the cops in an hour.

When he does give you the money, make sure the cops charge him with fraud.

Type_S1
09-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Take this to the police immediately with his emails and all his information. Have complete printed copies and all documentation in order. He will be arrested right away and you will be getting your money back a lot sooner. He's just buying time so he can gtfo of where he lives now and change ALL numbers.

Don't be a complete idiot OP....go to the cops in the morning.

Scuderia
09-28-2010, 01:01 AM
I don't think it needs to be repeated, but document everything and start building a case. Honestly, you fucked up by even giving him a chance to explain himself. If he was really dealing with tough times, he could've been a man and atleast met up in person with you or gave you a small payment or something to show he's serious about his debt. Sinse he didn't, and he got away with a shitty email he probably typed while laughing, I doubt you'll see a penny. He strung you along for more than a month, and you didn't do anything when he finally got in touch with you, so why wouldn't he keep stringing you along?
:facepalm: at the idiots posting a picture of a grown man's wife chopped to look like an ogre in a thread where 1000+ people will see it. The guy is a loser, but show some fuckin respect. It's his fuckin wife.

freshprince1
09-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
I once rented out my basement to a guy who had a hard up story. I thought I was being the nice guy. It turned out he was a free-loading schizophrenic alcoholic on AISH with an abusive past and a bunch of hells angels and drug dealing friends. After my first hand experience with bottom of the barrel gutter trash I have learned the following:

All low-life trash have a sob story to whip out at any time to justify why they are being low-life trash.

QFT. So very true my friend.

Was his name Eric, by any chance? Short white guy that walks with a limp?

Back on topic, OP, this guy is selling you a story. If he was so hard up he'd sell his Armada and other assets. It sounds like he's scamming his way through some hard times. We all have hard times, but does that make it right to blatantly steal from other people? Remember, you were getting NOTHING from this guy until this story was exposed on the internet.

I've been taken by people with a sob story before and I regret it.

kvg
09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
We should have a meet Saturday @ Jason Fillion's so you can request your money back.
We will be there just for your safety, you know so we could phone the police.;)

Tik-Tok
09-28-2010, 09:09 AM

His next email a couple of hrs later was a little testier... he claims that my "BLOG friends" have been sending him and his family death threats (I hope not) and he threatens to report me to my employer and the media... pffff

:rofl:

Reporter: "So what exactly is happening to you?"
Him: "Well I stole $3000 from this guy, and now he's pissed off and his friends are threatening me..."

:facepalm:

habshabs
09-28-2010, 09:14 AM
I may have been misunderstood by my last post as I am by no means getting 'soft'... all I meant was this clown's story would make a good movie with all the apparent bad things that have happened to him... a little too good to be true if you ask me.

I woke up this morning to two more long rambling emails from him stating that I have ruined his life by posting my story etc etc etc... they are getting rather tiresome. I have decided not to respond to anymore emails from him... the truth doesn't lie - he dodged me for a month because he is too busy and then within a day of this thread, I get 4 long rambling emails from him that clearly took him a couple of hours to write. He has started to get rather threatening and has pleaded with me to take this down, but that is not going to get my cash back any sooner... so I will lie in wait till Wednesday till a mystery man he tells me about who is helping him out flies back overseas (wtf) and he may be able to get me my cash.... If not, I will post all his ridiculous responses.

As for the cops, I had already given them his address that was previously posted... so I don't really have any more information to give them at this time

spike98
09-28-2010, 09:17 AM
I may have been misunderstood by my last post as I am by no means getting 'soft'... all I meant was this clown's story would make a good movie with all the apparent bad things that have happened to him... a little too good to be true if you ask me.

I woke up this morning to two more long rambling emails from him stating that I have ruined his life by posting my story etc etc etc... they are getting rather tiresome. I have decided not to respond to anymore emails from him... the truth doesn't lie - he dodged me for a month because he is too busy and then within a day of this thread, I get 4 long rambling emails from him that clearly took him a couple of hours to write. He has started to get rather threatening and has pleaded with me to take this down, but that is not going to get my cash back any sooner... so I will lie in wait till Wednesday till a mystery man he tells me about who is helping him out flies back overseas (wtf) and he may be able to get me my cash.... If not, I will post all his ridiculous responses.

As for the cops, I had already given them his address that was previously posted... so I don't really have any more information to give them at this time

How about the emails admitting to you that he essentially scammed you out of your money. It was all just speculation until he admited guilt. Now the cops may have something more concrete to charge him with.

Tik-Tok
09-28-2010, 09:19 AM
... has pleaded with me to take this down, but that is not going to get my cash back any sooner... s

Just email him one more time, saying it will be the last. The thread comes down, when you have the cash in your hand. Simple as that.

Muji
09-28-2010, 09:19 AM
His problems are not your problems, give him no extra time, start legal steps to getting your cash back as there are no doubt others in the same position who are getting ahead of you in line. He is a scammer, a liar and needs to be dealt with as such. You are a fool if you allow even one inch on this, it is you who is out cash and time on this issue. Grow a pair and do not let this prick push you around, you have no reason to treat this as anything other than what it is. You were played, are being played and are encouraging further abuse by not taking a firm legal stand.

habshabs
09-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by spike98

How about the emails admitting to you that he essentially scammed you out of your money. It was all just speculation until he admited guilt. Now the cops may have something more concrete to charge him with.

I already had a signed agreement with him and a cancelled check going to his account so that is proof enough when he didn't deliver on the tickets. He is adamant that he did not scam me so he has really not admitted guilt.... he always planned to make due on his debt... yeah right

habshabs
09-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Just email him one more time, saying it will be the last. The thread comes down, when you have the cash in your hand. Simple as that.

I have already said that in my last two responses to him and am not responding back anymore... tomorrow is the deadline and if that doesn't happen, I'm filing a claim in small claims court

FraserB
09-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Number 4 and 5 on Google search lol

Z_Fan
09-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Scuderia
...the idiots posting a picture of a grown man's wife chopped to look like an ogre in a thread where 1000+ people will see it. The guy is a loser, but show some fuckin respect. It's his fuckin wife.

Yeah.

Let's face it. More than 1000 people will see this by the time it gets viral and gets linked to hundreds of other sites. It has 4000+ views right now.

Besides, that's not Fiona. It's obviously her sister-in-law.

benyl
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Maybe the chops of his wife are what made his life hell... hahaha

bubbley
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM
you can request to have this thread taken down once he pays, it's your choice OP.

Jlude
09-28-2010, 10:30 AM
WTF...

don't respond to his emails.

Send him one more... stating that you're going to post all of his emails on here.

He is in no position to be bargaining, his only course of action, which should be his top priority, is to get you back your god damn money.

Hahaha... I get so worked up when shit like this happens.

sexualbanana
09-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Originally posted by Jlude
WTF...

don't respond to his emails.

Send him one more... stating that you're going to post all of his emails on here.

He is in no position to be bargaining, his only course of action, which should be his top priority, is to get you back your god damn money.

Hahaha... I get so worked up when shit like this happens.

I'm gonna disagree that this will ever go away for him now. The internet basically remembers everything and that it's been posted and discussed online, it's pretty much accessible anywhere and anytime. So let the lesson be learned: If you get scammed by someone, you can really hurt someone's reputation by bitching about it on Beyond.

Having said that, the wife, as far as we know it, is only guilty of poor decision making. So she should be left out of the discussion.

civic_stylez
09-28-2010, 10:40 AM
If buddy knows about the thread, then he's obviously reading it.

So buddy, plain and simple, give the guy his money back. Stop scamming people. The beyond wolves have found you so make it easy and pay him back. Theres no sympathy for you.

takkyu
09-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm hearing the scotia bank downtown at 7st station got robbed this afternoon, maybe it was Jason Fillion getting money to pay you back? :dunno:

benyl
09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I'm gonna disagree that this will ever go away for him now. The internet basically remembers everything and that it's been posted and discussed online, it's pretty much accessible anywhere and anytime. So let the lesson be learned: If you get scammed by someone, you can really hurt someone's reputation by bitching about it on Beyond.

Having said that, the wife, as far as we know it, is only guilty of poor decision making. So she should be left out of the discussion.

Prime example:

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&biw=1260&bih=417&&sa=X&ei=MU-iTM2lCo6ksQPH-qVs&ved=0CCgQBSgA&q=sean+banerjee&spell=1&fp=1f6c4e87bf5f67f2

DariuszZ
09-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic

Oh man I almost LOL'ed in my class

i LOLED in my class haha. The instructor was like WTF?

EPIC

rob the knob
09-28-2010, 07:52 PM
new news?

habshabs
09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
So.... this keeps getting more and more ridiculous... yesterday I'm at work and I get a call from the general counsel's office at head office (I work for a very large company). She states that the CEO has received an email from someone who has gone on a long rant ...something about Calgary Flames season tickets... says you are harassing him... requesting that they record all my emails etc etc. She's like .. Does this have anything whatsoever to do with the Company. I tell her the whole story.... we both have a good chuckle and that's that.

WTF!!! This d-bag is seriously mental.

So I send this to him...

"I just got a call from our office's in house lawyers about this.
They had a laugh and gave me some good legal advice, thanks for the referral. Nice try bud. Maybe you should be spending more time earning $ to pay me back as opposed to searching for my CEO's email address.

I await your payment tomorrow. I will remove the thread the second I receive payment. Again I reiterate the purpose of the thread is to not call you out as a scammer and that you intentionally defrauded me in the beginning,(yet, given I am out $3K, I would consider myself as being scammed out of that $) rather it is to notify the public that anyone should think twice about dealing with you. If you ignored me when I was constantly bugging you, then I'm sure there's some others that fall into that category as well. At least going forward, anyone googling your name can read about my dealings with you. You can say time and time again that you didn't have 30 seconds over the last 4+ weeks to contact me via phone or email, but we all know that is BS. As a result, alternative measures were taken and now the shoe is on your foot to remedy them."

Of course last nite when I was at the Flames games (I should have been in the seats that I paid for) he sends me another long rambling email rehashing the same crap that he has continually in the 4 previous emails the day before. Now it is my fault that his life is falling apart and he can't pay me because I have posted this thread.... boo hoo

The funniest part about this is that I get a voicemail from my CEO this morning who I have never met before nor probably knows me from a hole in the wall telling me that there's nothing to worry about as they get calls/emails from 'quacks' like this all the time and "best of luck getting your money back" HAHAHAHA

So, today is the day when Jason's "life is about to change" or so he has told me and has indicated that there is a good chance that I will get payment. I"m not holding my breath. If not, everyone will get a good read of his long drawn out responses which seem almost laughable.... we will see what happens!

Crymson
09-29-2010, 09:31 AM
So, today is the day when Jason's "life is about to change" or so he has told me and has indicated that there is a good chance that I will get payment. I"m not holding my breath. If not, everyone will get a good read of his long drawn out responses which seem almost laughable.... we will see what happens! [/B]

Ahhh! so someone in Ottawa is going to be eagerly awaiting their Sens season tickets in the mail soon eh?

bubbley
09-29-2010, 09:36 AM
I can't believe this guy called your work, that pissed me off!!

:devil:

syeve
09-29-2010, 09:41 AM
^^Yep, BS he called your work. That calls for an eye-for-an-eye...oh wait...dumb fuck idiot doesn't have a job.

I hope you get your money back but a little part of me wants this to "drag" a bit :)

Jlude
09-29-2010, 10:00 AM
that's bullshit!!! Glad to hear that your company is understanding about the situation, cause I'm sure this guy told some wild stories about what you're doing to his life.

He clearly has ZERO intention of paying you back, or else he wouldn't be trying to fuck with you by calling your work.

It's time the OP steps it up a notch! Tell this clown to stop sending you excuses and start sending money.

I hope this thread never goes down... I'll bump this thread weekly for the rest of my life. Fuck that prick.

syeve
09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Jlude

I hope this thread never goes down... I'll bump this thread weekly for the rest of my life. Fuck that prick.

Yep, I hope he comes on here and starts threatening us...that's always the funnest.

benyl
09-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by syeve

Yep, I hope he comes on here and starts threatening us...that's always the funnest.

He can't. No new members.

adam c
09-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Rage open the registration so this loser can come on here and post

GQBalla
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
wow this guy is a piece of work!

Kloubek
09-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow... that'd be the last straw for me. Where does he get off calling your work? If there was ANY chance of him saving face, I'd say that is certainly thrown out the window now... if it wasn't already long ago.

Asshole.

PulsePro
09-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Just wondering, how can he afford a computer and Internet access without electricity? Didn't he clearly state that he hasn't had water, gas, and electricity for 4+ weeks?

HyperZell
09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
If he's stealing money from people, he certainly won't be above stealing wireless.

Bring this asshat down hard. Also, it would be highly entertaining if you posted his emails to you!

JfuckinC
09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
another 'how do you guys hold back?' situation for me haha
what a loser, calling your work. i'd be on his door step man..

Guillermo
09-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I can't believe he called your work... I think it's time for the Kijiji ads to begin.

Guillermo
09-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
I can't believe he called your work... I think it's time for the Kijiji ads to begin.

...except... we don't have his email. why do we not have his email????