PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Not charging help

3drian
09-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone could give me a hand here.. my phone hasnt been able to charge for the last two days so its now dead, Its an iphone 3g, bought it like 5 months ago, When I tried it on my friends mac I got a message that said something along the lines "device is drawing too much power, usb port will be disable"

Ive tried everything tons of cables and tons of computers without luck.. any ideas? Im guessing something is wrong with the pins?
thanks in advance

lellowrx7
09-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I have 2 things you can try.

1. Plug the phone into the wall for a few hours. Even if it says its not charging that's ok. After 2 - 3 hours unplug the phone and try to turn it on. It should show the battery with a thin line. Hold power and home button for 10 seconds. Now replug it in and the white apple logo should come up and it should work fine.

2. Plug it into your computer. Make sure the phone is fully off. press and hold power for 3 seconds, then power and home for 10 seconds, then let go of power and just hold home for another 10 seconds. When you hear a ding on your computer like you've connected something to your usb it should come up in restore mode on itunes.

Those are my solutions. Give them a shot anyway see what happens.

spike98
09-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Also take a flashlight and take a look at the dock connector on the phone. Ive had people bring phones in with a few pins bent back this preventing charging or syncing. If they are, use a small pin to bend them back or look at getting a new dock connector and replace it.