PDA

View Full Version : Oop inspection. Will I pass?

Talon23
09-27-2010, 12:37 PM
So I just brought back my 06 sti from Vancouver to Calgary this weekend. It has a full exhaust and intake for upgrades and that's it. I'm not quite sure I'll pass the Oop without a cat..and does anybody know a good shop to take it to to get this done?

dj_rice
09-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Just cause you don't have a cat, there are numerous other things that can fall your OOP depending on the strictness of the mechanic. Even a burnt out tail light bulb can fail it

962 kid
09-27-2010, 07:52 PM
OOP deals strictly with safety related items, an aftermarket exhaust shouldn't be a problem.

sr20s14zenki
09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Just think of some of the cars from japan that come here and pass oop. Full exhausts, coilovers, 1" clearance from the ground, blah blah blah. They just fail you for non DOT tires and other bs.

Modelexis
09-27-2010, 08:03 PM
There are shops that will fail for anything aftermarket as sr20s14zenki has mentioned, but you will find a shop that is human.

I would suggest being up front and when you book in your safety tell them it's got aftermarket I and E and you will save yourself a lot of frustration.

If they say fail on the phone, tell them good day and call the next place.
I know of at least 1 shop in the NE that I know for a fact will pass a car with aftermarket exhaust.

rookie101
09-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Here's the official OPI inspection book from the the government website.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType41/Production/amltmanualdec2009.pdf

lellowrx7
09-27-2010, 08:09 PM
call jdmcalgary
I cant remember the shop they use but ive imported a car through them and they had no problem passing aftermarket things.

(just on a side note
are you dating kristen??)

not being a creeper i just picked up dan the other day and he showed me the new sti his sisters boyfriend got.
if thats yours then daaamn you gotta a sick lookin sti haha