PDA

View Full Version : Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Maximum Performance

Freebs
09-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Anyone using this?

I have always used AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 but I was talking with someone at the gym the other day and he suggested I use this SizeOn stuff. The only thing is, it contains creatine and I have never been sure about that stuff.

Is it safe to use? Obviously yes or it wouldn't be selling in stores such as GNC but I mean what are the pros of this SizeOn for thoughts who have used it?

I have heard with creatine if you stop working out you ball up like a balloon. I don't go crazy with the gym, but I typically am at the gym for an hour every monday-friday but there are times when I am away for 2-3 weeks and all I can do is run.

Anyway for thoughts who have used this stuff let me know.

http://GNC.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pGNC1-7172209t300x300.jpg

HYBRID INTRA-WORKOUT WHEY HYDROLYSATE CREATINE FORMULA WITH OUTLASTŪ CARBOHYDRATE MATRIX

PROMOTES MAXIMAL MUSCLE VOLUME AND ACCELERATES PROTEIN SYNTHESIS

DRAMATIC RESULTS FAST
FULL MONTH SUPPLY
TRAIN HARDER, FASTER & LONGER WITH SIZEON!

Cooked Rice
09-28-2010, 12:42 AM
What are your goals?

I wouldn't be worried about creatine, it's proven to be effective over and over. I take it, and have had no negative effects.

Tons of articles here on creatine:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Creatine&order=ORDER+by+date+DESC

If you just want a good protein powder, Optimum Platinum Hydrowhey. For pre-workout my favorite is USP Jack3d, which they sell at Popeyes, but a lot cheaper when bought with other stuff at bodybuilding.com

Freebs
09-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
What are your goals?

I wouldn't be worried about creatine, it's proven to be effective over and over. I take it, and have had no negative effects.

Tons of articles here on creatine:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Creatine&order=ORDER+by+date+DESC

If you just want a good protein powder, Optimum Platinum Hydrowhey. For pre-workout my favorite is USP Jack3d, which they sell at Popeyes, but a lot cheaper when bought with other stuff at bodybuilding.com

I am going for a fairly toned build, but as I said I am worried with the creatine about it turning me into a ball ahah... So if I am just able to run and not lift any weights, will I still be fine to take it or should I stop taking it a few days before I know I wont be able to fully work out?

I will look over the links you sent me later today

Thanks

Ronjacinto83
09-28-2010, 09:17 AM
i love taking creatine! you can totally see results from it, in strength and in size. I normally take BSN: Cellmass.

A790
10-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Freebs

I am going for a fairly toned build, but as I said I am worried with the creatine about it turning me into a ball ahah... So if I am just able to run and not lift any weights, will I still be fine to take it or should I stop taking it a few days before I know I wont be able to fully work out?

Thanks
To be honest, it sounds like you don't need this product at all. I have taken creatine on several occassions and never noticed any difference in terms of fat gain/water retention, but I did see a difference in my ability to lift.

I'd look at a different product that didn't have creatine in it since there's no real need for you to ingest (or pay for) creatine given what your goals are.

sexualbanana
10-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Freebs

Thanks

From what I remember, if you're looking for tone then you don't need SizeOn. If you were looking to size up, then I would say use it.

Modelexis
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak22.htm

Myth: Creatine Causes Excessive Water Retention.

Truth: More bullshit. A recent double-blind, placebo-controlled study found that, after three months of creatine use, test subjects showed no significant increase in body water. In fact, the creatine group showed greater gains in total body mass and fat-free mass. Best of all, this recent study employed the latest in body composition measurements-deuterated water isotopic analysis which utilizes a non-radioactive "tracer". Now it is possible that some inferior-grade creatine may actually promote water gain that results in a soft, puffy look. However, this can be due to several reasons. One, it may not be due to the creatine, but excess sodium. When cheaply manufactured, excess sodium remains in the finished product.

Freebs
10-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys

I decided I would just stay with the AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60.
I talked with a few more people about the two and the final consensus was to stick with the AMP.

Darkane
10-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Pure creatine manufactured in Japan, Canada, USA, or Germany only!

Creatine made in Mexico for example has a lot of heavy metals in it. Not very pure - causes upset stomach, leaky gut (shits some experience with creatine), bloating and a full (over stuffed) feeling.

Pure creatine will never do this! As well pure creatine is almost entirely held intramuscularily, meaning the water is in the muscle VOLUMIZING it. If your creatine is making you hold water subcutaneously(under the skin) you have shitty, unpure stuff.

There isn't much difference between types either. The cheaper Micronized Monohydrate is perfect.

5g preworkout, 5g post. No need to load.

If you're worried about water retention cut carbs, eat cruciferous green veggies and do heavy compound movements in the 3-5 rep range.

This will push your endocrine system to a more positive hormonal profile.

scboss
10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I know this thread is old but this stuff works very well, im on week 2 and my lifts are alot higher and ive gained 4 pounds of lean mass. Great thing about this is you drink it during your workout but it dosnt give you energy or anything so there is no crash. I will let you know the gains when im done the container.

edit: btw ive never been so hungry in my life

Freebs
10-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by warcaster
I know this thread is old but this stuff works very well, im on week 2 and my lifts are alot higher and ive gained 4 pounds of lean mass. Great thing about this is you drink it during your workout but it dosnt give you energy or anything so there is no crash. I will let you know the gains when im done the container.

edit: btw ive never been so hungry in my life

are you doing all weights? or cardio as well?

scboss
10-19-2010, 07:14 PM
i do cardio 4 times a week and train weight 4 times a week also. The thing i notice about this tho is im actually getting sore again just as a example i was doing 70x12 for dumbbell press now im doing 80x9 and its only been 2 weeks

Freebs
10-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by warcaster
i do cardio 4 times a week and train weight 4 times a week also. The thing i notice about this tho is im actually getting sore again just as a example i was doing 70x12 for dumbbell press now im doing 80x9 and its only been 2 weeks

hummm... Well let me know how it goes for the month.. I may still look into it again