PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Hardcore/Screamo shows

JfuckinC
09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
We came as romans w/ in fear and faith oct 2nd at the den

As i lay dying Oct 4th at mac hall (i'll be at rusko though =P)

And abandon all ships oct 5th at the den!

just a head up for anyone that likes this stuff.

ArjayAquino
09-28-2010, 10:45 AM
It'd be awesome to go see As I lay dying with All that remains. Fucken awesome bands. Too bad none of my friends in Calgary listen to that shit haha.

kevie88
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino
Too bad none of my friends in Calgary listen to that shit haha.

That's because it's !shit! haha

Makes my ears bleed.

JfuckinC
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

Makes my ears bleed.

Hater :poosie:

b_t
09-28-2010, 10:59 AM

Makes my ears bleed.

"normal" music is too boring to listen to. metal is the only stuff that can hold my interest.

4lti
09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
All the metal kids are popping up at hardstyle raves beaded and glowing like a neon lamp at every dubstep and hardstyle rave. This is the metal kid of the future.
DUUUUUUB STEEEEEP - ROOOCK OOON

kevie88
09-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by b_t

"normal" music is too boring to listen to. metal is the only stuff that can hold my interest.

Didn't say I wasn't a metal fan!

JfuckinC
09-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 4lti
All the metal kids are popping up at hardstyle raves beaded and glowing like a neon lamp at every dubstep and hardstyle rave. This is the metal kid of the future.
DUUUUUUB STEEEEEP - ROOOCK OOON

haha, check out "Enter shikari" ;)
Dubstep is the metal of techno, caspa last wednesday was mad skids!

Didn't say I wasn't a metal fan!

As i lay dying and all that remains are about as metal as they get...

and its true, hardcore/screamo/metal shows are sick, no sitting in your chair talking to your friends like regular music :barf:
The mosh pit is my "happy place"

b_t
09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
imo... As I Lay Dying and All that Remains are the very shallow end of how metal things get. They are about as metal as you can get and still be mainstream.. it gets much (much much) more metal after that.

FWIW neither of those bands can keep me interested either. This is the kind of stuff I listen to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8L2bZVA2Jc
but occasionally I will go off the deep end and only stuff like this is intriguing to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IufbPLDSDlY

Sickest metal show I've ever been to was Devildriver.. no scene kids there. The circle pit stretched from wall to wall, and the entire front section was moshing. there was no "quiet corners"

ArjayAquino
09-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by b_t
imo... As I Lay Dying and All that Remains are the very shallow end of how metal things get. They are about as metal as you can get and still be mainstream.. it gets much (much much) more metal after that.

FWIW neither of those bands can keep me interested either. This is the kind of stuff I listen to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8L2bZVA2Jc
but occasionally I will go off the deep end and only stuff like this is intriguing to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IufbPLDSDlY

Sickest metal show I've ever been to was Devildriver.. no scene kids there. The circle pit stretched from wall to wall, and the entire front section was moshing. there was no "quiet corners"

Children of Bodom are awesome too, but other than that I don't know any other really hardcore bands.

JfuckinC
09-28-2010, 11:45 AM
haha b_t that is some heavy shit, not really my style, but i dont mind it. yah those two bands are about as mainstream metal as it gets, i listen to them once in a while but not often, i'm more into the hardcore/post-hardcore side of things haha... arjay children of bodom were here on sunday night, did you go?

ArjayAquino
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
haha b_t that is some heavy shit, not really my style, but i dont mind it. yah those two bands are about as mainstream metal as it gets, i listen to them once in a while but not often, i'm more into the hardcore/post-hardcore side of things haha... arjay children of bodom were here on sunday night, did you go?

haha fuck, i didn't even know. :facepalm:

edit: I've never been to one of their concerts, it'd be sweet to go, but me being a small filipino dude.. I'd probably die in the mosh pit haha.

b_t
09-28-2010, 12:19 PM
lol JfuckinC a lot of it is that I play guitar too, and I'm always pushing myself on guitar to play crazier shit. So the more intense the guitar work and the more times you have to listen to a song to start to understand it, the better it is for me :rofl:

arjay. mosh pits aren't that nasty.. there is a unwritten code of conduct in them. You might get bruised and banged up but you'll never get knocked down and trampled. People will pick you back up. Oddly enough, the more metal the show, the safer the pit because the scenesters stay away.. the worst mosh pit I was ever in was when the Offspring came to town last. Nobody knew WTF they were doing, people getting knocked down and not helped up, kids had their elbows up at head height, chicks kicking you in the head with their high heels crowd surfing... it sucked. but the show was sick.

88CRX
09-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Those bands posted in that link are pretty heavy haha.... terrible imo.

Anyone going to see Bullet, Oct 18th at Mac Hall? Can't frickin' wait!

ArjayAquino
09-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by b_t
lol JfuckinC a lot of it is that I play guitar too, and I'm always pushing myself on guitar to play crazier shit. So the more intense the guitar work and the more times you have to listen to a song to start to understand it, the better it is for me :rofl:

arjay. mosh pits aren't that nasty.. there is a unwritten code of conduct in them. You might get bruised and banged up but you'll never get knocked down and trampled. People will pick you back up. Oddly enough, the more metal the show, the safer the pit because the scenesters stay away.. the worst mosh pit I was ever in was when the Offspring came to town last. Nobody knew WTF they were doing, people getting knocked down and not helped up, kids had their elbows up at head height, chicks kicking you in the head with their high heels crowd surfing... it sucked. but the show was sick.

yeah that's def. a good point... come to think of i've seen kids throwing kicks and punches during a Billy Talent show a long time ago :facepalm:

ArjayAquino
09-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Those bands posted in that link are pretty heavy haha.... terrible imo.

Anyone going to see Bullet, Oct 18th at Mac Hall? Can't frickin' wait!

I like Bullet too haha, I'm all over the place when it comes to music. But yeah I wouldn't mind going to that either.

jzz30dk
09-28-2010, 01:44 PM
b_t is right. there is respect in pits at metal shows for the most part. people are there to have a good time and blow off some steam not try and hurt each other. there is the odd asshole who is all elbows and fists but everyone usually just removes them and its all good.

jzz30dk
09-28-2010, 01:47 PM
i herd bullett at mayhem but never saw them. there was a trivium signing at the same time as their show so i was at that

ArjayAquino
09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
as long as you don't run in to this chick it's all good

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S1nqRG2Heo8/S-mtX4A5syI/AAAAAAAAAFE/0gwWxXKmp04/s1600/mosh_girl_boy.jpg

JfuckinC
09-28-2010, 02:04 PM
hahaha, i'm usually the pit police. Craziest one i think i was ever in was norma jean.. and they're back with alexisonfire on dec 1, bought my tickets today!!

once a kid jumped on my back and i gave him a piggy back for like half a song, then he just jumped off and high fived me and peaced lol piggy back mosh pit.. people thought that was pretty funny haha...

ArjayAquino
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
hahaha, i'm usually the pit police. Craziest one i think i was ever in was norma jean.. and they're back with alexisonfire on dec 1, bought my tickets today!!

once a kid jumped on my back and i gave him a piggy back for like half a song, then he just jumped off and high fived me and peaced lol piggy back mosh pit.. people thought that was pretty funny haha...

that's hilarious haha. you're a good sport for letting him do that lol

88CRX
09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Not exactly hardcore screamo but was anyone at the Dome last night for Hail the Villain, Hellyeah, Stone Stone, Avenged Sevenfold & Disturbed? Pretty awesome line up that didn't disappoint at all.

JfuckinC
09-30-2010, 11:17 AM
My friends went for avenged sevenfold and said it was good. but they've seen them like 7 times or something crazy, about as many times as i've seen killswitch engage haha.. im not a big fan of them, but i dont think they're terrible..

thrasher22
09-30-2010, 10:45 PM
My friends went for avenged sevenfold and said it was good. but they've seen them like 7 times or something crazy, about as many times as i've seen killswitch engage haha.. im not a big fan of them, but i dont think they're terrible..

Avenged SLAAAAAYED last night! I wasn't expecting much, but it was one of the best sets I've seen in a long time.

Killswitch haha I remember back in 05 I saw the 4 times one year. I had to get surgery this summer to correct my nose from breaking it in the pit when they played the upper Mac Hall ballroom with Arch Enemy. Outside was okay, but apparently the inside was completely shattered. Fuck "hardcore dancers" those kids should choke on a dick.

I haven't been to a good hardcore show in ages, last I saw was Dillinger Escape Plan (and it was nuts).

Saw Monkey and Mares of Thrace during Sled island and was pretty impressed.

Since there have been maybe 2 hardcore bands even really brought up since the OP, I really recommend checking out Burning Empires. Couple guys from Misery Signals, Seven Angels Seven Plauges, and one of the guys from Fall Out Boy.
http://www.myspace.com/burningempiresmilwaukee

JfuckinC
09-30-2010, 11:19 PM
dude, check out norma jean at alexisonfire, shits outta control lol