PDA

View Full Version : Cars with good stock audio systems?

Pahnda
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
With the prospect of paying $45k/year or more for tuition in the near future and a pending sale on my car resulting from that, I've been on the lookout for something to fill in for the next 10 months I need a vehicle for.

For me the audio system is a huge factor when I'm looking at a vehicle. If the head unit can't be easily replaced, and can't even read MP3 CDs or take a non-iPod aux input, it's a huge strike against it. I'm OK with putting an amp/sub in myself to balance it out, but I would really like to avoid it.

So with that said, what are some decent and inexpensive sedans (within the past 4~5 years or so) in the $25,000 and under range with good audio systems? :confused:

eglove
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
any bmw with the basic or premium sound package is pretty damn good IMO. the mazda3's with the upgraded bose system are pretty good too

msommers
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Avoid anything that has a Bose system if you care about sound quality. Pain in the ass to take out and don't sound good. I have one with my G and well, it works. We'll say that much.

What would be the problem with getting a modest car like a civic and putting in a system yourself? Or trying to avoid installation?

As dorky as it sounds, my mom's 2008 CRV with the premium package has a sound system that blows mine out of the water. I really like that SUV actually.

syeve
09-28-2010, 01:14 PM
My xterra has a rockford fosgate upgrade...it has subs under the seats! Lol. It sounds pretty good imo.

JZS_147
09-28-2010, 01:24 PM
All the Lexus cars have really good quality audio systems

Awd-Tsi
09-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Just buy a car with a base sound system and swap them out to you something you like.

Phenix
09-28-2010, 01:48 PM
The tiburons have a really easy deck to replace. you can probably sway a deck within 30 mins, if you have a slight wiring harness ability. and the hardest part of the install is the wiring, which is pretty simple

Euro838
09-28-2010, 01:54 PM
If someone was to budget for a decent sounding system swap i.e. head unit, amps, subs and replace existing components, how much should be set aside?

I'd say we are not talking like car show quality, but would be better than any factory upgrade. i.e. for the everyday person to enjoy tunes in their car.

theken
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
800 to 1200 will get you a decent set up

Euro838
09-28-2010, 02:06 PM
^^ Sorry, forgot to ask if that includes or does not include install and what are we talking about roughly for a professional job.

Yes, yes, some people can do it themselves but for arguments sake, let's throw out some numbers.

revelations
09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Your priorities are all wrong - as a student.

Buy a good reliable vehicle and THEN install a good custom system.

nixrx8
09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Audi factory stereo's are pretty solid :thumbsup:

Pahnda
09-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the ideas everyone who threw some stuff out there! Much appreciated.

And to clarify, I'm trying to avoid having to put in aftermarket speakers or even a head unit where possible just because I don't want to do it.

I've put in aftermarket head units and speakers in all of my cars (except the A4), but just don't really want to do it for this next car since I know I won't be keeping it for long... And I'm not picky by any means. Just some of my previous cars (when I was a super cheap undergrad student) had some horrible speakers.

Originally posted by nixrx8
Audi factory stereo's are pretty solid :thumbsup:

I quite like my '09 A4's premium (not B&O) speakers. :D
However, I don't think I would get an Audi prior to 2009. Really don't like the interior of any of the sedans that would be around 25k or under.

jjmac
09-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Avoid anything that has a Bose system if you care about sound quality. Pain in the ass to take out and don't sound good. I have one with my G and well, it works. We'll say that much.

What would be the problem with getting a modest car like a civic and putting in a system yourself? Or trying to avoid installation?

As dorky as it sounds, my mom's 2008 CRV with the premium package has a sound system that blows mine out of the water. I really like that SUV actually.

So true, the Bose system in the G is mehhhh

My parents' FJ Cruiser has a way better system.

Masked Bandit
09-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Any Nissan product with the Rockford Fosgate upgrades are FANTASTIC systems. I had one in my 2003 Nissan Maxima and another in a 2006 Frontier LE. They come from factory with a sub built in. They sound better than many $1000 aftermarket systems.

If you are looking for decent quality sedan with a good factory sound system look for a 2002 or 2003 Maxima SE.

93VR6
09-28-2010, 05:09 PM
+1 on nissans rockford fosgate systems, had one in my sentra and it was noticably better then my parents acura mdx.

nobb
09-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Buy a quiet car then upgrade the sound system. Personally I think it's pointless to have a nice audio system if it's going to get muffled by road noise.

Lex350
09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by jjmac

So true, the Bose system in the G is mehhhh

My parents' FJ Cruiser has a way better system.

The Bose system in my old RX8 was not that great either. The one in my Lexus is nice and I didn't even get the Mark Levinson model.

Pahnda
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Any Nissan product with the Rockford Fosgate upgrades are FANTASTIC systems...

Originally posted by 93VR6
+1 on nissans rockford fosgate systems, had one in my sentra and it was noticably better then my parents acura mdx.

That's good to hear... I was considering going with an Altima, but I can't find much info about their sound system. And the current one when you build it on Nissan's website makes no mention to any sound upgrades let alone a rockford fosgate branded system... Is it the black sheep of the bunch?

Maybe I'll go check out the maxima, altima and sentra and see what I think is best for the money they're going for.

Sound isolation is a fairly big deal to me, and interior quality, so I'm thinking the Sentra will probably fall out of favour quickly. A couple other features that are nearly must haves are proximity entry/start and bluetooth... But I don't want this to turn into a "what should I buy" thread so I'll try to keep it just on the audio.

Edit: The Altima uses bose apparently :barf:

SilverStreak
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Personally, I think Lexus has the best stock sound systems around.

msommers
09-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Pahnda
Sound isolation is a fairly big deal to me, and interior quality

Stay away from any Japanese brand then, especially Nissan/Infiniti :rofl:

HiSpec
09-28-2010, 08:52 PM
what about that 18-speakers system in the Audi A8?

PulsePro
09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
what about that 18-speakers system in the Audi A8?

ya big whoop, what about the 62-speaker system in the Q7 concept?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/16/audi-audio-concept-uses-62-speakers-for-supreme-sound/

freshprince1
09-29-2010, 08:26 AM
My brother just bought the Dodge Calibre R/T, which has the higher end sound system...say what you will about the car, but that stereo is awesome. I recently rented a Dodge Journey for 3 weeks with the same sound system and wow, it pounds.

86max
09-29-2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/audio/articles/158488/article.html

x222
09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Look into the first generation mazda 6 gt and preferably the 08 hatch. Its got the bose system stock so the sub sits in the spare in the trunk and out of the way. no mp3 or aux input but it has the media drive and sat radio input in the head unit. It was also noted as one of the cleanest decks for the audio signal sent. Also easy to do the after market install

x222
09-29-2010, 05:46 PM
It also looks like a sedan and not hatch so the benefits of but without the look some dont like

DRKM
10-02-2010, 02:34 AM
I recently got a 2007 GTI with the 'Premium' 10 speaker sound system and it SUCKS! Jesus I hate it.

gyu
10-02-2010, 08:51 PM
The Civic Si's audio system is pretty good for stock, and you can pick a new one up for a little over your price range including tax.

JZS_147
10-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by theken
800 to 1200 will get you a decent set up

Definitely not

Rockford and Bose makes the worse sounding audio systems. They do really good marketing though.

Mark Levinson, Nakamichi, B & O are all the best out of the factory.

97luder
10-07-2010, 05:06 PM
you can buy a cd deck with usb or ipod hook up goe like $200

so you could spend like 1000 on stereo equipment( deck, speakers sub and amp) and have something good

if im going to spend 25,000 on a car ther stereo is the last thing i would be worried about

Aaron@Tuner
10-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147

Definitely not

Rockford and Bose makes the worse sounding audio systems. They do really good marketing though.

Mark Levinson, Nakamichi, B & O are all the best out of the factory.

Seconded. A quality SQ system is big bucks.

cream
10-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Celica GTS upgraded sound system sounds nice (Y) Gives a decent amount of bass for your everyday music =)

msommers
10-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Bass isn't everything but rather a range of frequencies that need to be "properly" presented. Very good SQ is not cheap but there are certainly compromises that will do just fine for the average listener. Vehicles are acoustically terrible in comparison to home theatre. Still, very good SQ can be established in them.

It's hard to tell exactly what Pahnda is used to or looking to attain. But most cars offering quality packaged audio systems are in the higher price range.

TE4MFaint
10-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Everything stock is crap regardless.
Its all paper speakers from factory, even if you pay for the upgraded "Bose" or "Pioneer" or "Alpine" or "Rockford" systems from factory,, it all crap.

I`ll put type S alpine speakers up against and "Bose" OEM upgraded sound system that will cost you $2000 anyday.

Nels
10-08-2010, 03:13 AM
The FX i'm driving right now came with a full bose system including a sub in between the spare tire. I find it pretty good for something that came with the car.

Neil4Speed
10-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I have to agree that most aftermarket systems will blow away stock systems away, but its hard to get them set up for "balanced listening" or more "reference" listening.

The Lexus Nakamichi systems are excellent, as are the Mark Levinston systems in the later models (albit a bit unreliable from what I have heard)

zipdoa
10-08-2010, 07:40 AM
the UrS4 came with an amplified bose system - sounds phenominal for being nearly 20yrs old.

Pahnda
10-08-2010, 09:26 AM
It's hard to tell exactly what Pahnda is used to or looking to attain. But most cars offering quality packaged audio systems are in the higher price range.

Yeah, I guess it's pretty hard to pick what's 'good' to a stranger's ear when you have nothing to work off of, haha.

I would say bad and unacceptable: My old Aveo's craptastic system (As well as my first car, '95 saturn SL, haha... and my parent's Saturn Vue's system is kinda crappy)
Good/Decent: The Audi Symphony system (I think it's still a bose system) in my B8 A4, and that's what I would say I'm used to now.

So I'm not all that picky. And I don't want to put in an aftermarket system simply because I don't want to. Also, I wouldn't pay someone to do it because it's dead simple to do. I'm just thinking that since I'm not all that picky (I would say moderately picky) there HAS to be a decent car out there with a stock system I can live with.

But anyway, thanks for the suggestions so far! Some cars I wasn't even considering at all are on the 'to-test' list now. :)

barmanjay
10-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Chrysler/dodge/jeep have been using boston acoustics (alpine)

For sedan under 25k and maybe 4 years old, with a decent system,.. maybe consider a charger r/t or maybe a 300c?

msommers
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I think you have realistic expectations for a pre-packaged audio system.

If a G35 or a vehicle with BOSE is on your list, I can swing by and you can have a listen with your iPod or CDs. It has the "upgraded" BOSE system. It's adequate for a car system and I can certainly live with it but not like my headphones at home.

Matt

X_EVO_X
10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Lancer with sun and sound package sound good:) Rockford fosgate 710 watt stereo with factory subwoofer.

Speed_69
10-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint
Its all paper speakers from factory, even if you pay for the upgraded "Bose" or "Pioneer" or "Alpine" or "Rockford" systems from factory,, it all crap.

I`ll put type S alpine speakers up against and "Bose" OEM upgraded sound system that will cost you $2000 anyday.

:werd: You don't have a very good ear for sound quality if you think a Civic Si or RSX Bose sound system sounds good. I would take installing aftermarket speakers over a stock premium sound system any day even that includes me having to take up trunk space with a bigger sub.

JZS_147
10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm a stickler when it comes to audio.

For example my daily has a $4200 amp on the front speakers.

I can confidently tell you that ANYTHING Rockford or Bose is complete garbage.

But like i said....they have a wicked marketing team ;)

Anything from Alpine that's aftermarket is also garbage. I would take my factory Nakamichi Lexus system over anything you can buy off the shelf at Future Shop / Visions etc..

JZS_147
10-08-2010, 03:55 PM

Not true.

Paper is light, efficient, responsive, but a lot less durable.

Wattage also means SFA.

The stock 20w nakamichi drivers you get in the Lexus models will only handle 20w, but have an efficiency of 105dB/1w compared to the 88dB efficiency of a dumpster worthy Alpine type S.

Alpine:
Power (watts) - dB
1 - 88
2 - 91
4 - 94
8 - 97
16 - 100
32 - 103
64 - 106
128 - 109

Nakamichi:
Power (watts) - dB
1 - 105
2 - 108
4 - 111
8 - 114
16 - 117

So right out of the box the paper cone Nak would require less power and provide more volume than the plastic cone type s. Like i said wattage means SFA in terms of dB and quality.

Pahnda
10-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Unrelated comment... Nakamichi (中道 for those that know Chinese) literally translated sounds like "middle road" (was thinking "middle of the road"), kind of an ironic name for a high end (I assume? I haven't heard of them really) audio company, haha.

But again, I'm not an audio snob, just want something that I won't have to upgrade and can cover the spectrum at least competently.

msommers
10-08-2010, 04:25 PM
JZS, what else are you running in there? I'd be very interested in hearing that system!

Aaron@Tuner
10-08-2010, 05:08 PM
JZS, what else are you running in there? I'd be very interested in hearing that system!

His system is pretty badass and sounds great :) But I'd throw mine up against his anyday :)

TE4MFaint
10-08-2010, 05:29 PM

Anything from Alpine that's aftermarket is also garbage. I would take my factory Nakamichi Lexus system over anything you can buy off the shelf at Future Shop / Visions etc..

I`ll take Alpine Type X Pro's, JL C5's, hell even Alpine Type R's over Nakamichi factory anyday.

I have been around this stuff enough to know the differences, I don`t need an explanation about efficiency.
Point is, your factory mid/tweet combo is lacking significantly over aftermarket. Go buy Type X Pro's for $500 and listen to what solid inexpensive component set will get you.

I`ll take my single set of JL C5's up front, my ZR midwoofers in the rear over top of any factory set up ever, and the system cost me less than $1000.

Neil4Speed
10-09-2010, 09:22 AM

Not true.

Paper is light, efficient, responsive, but a lot less durable.

Wattage also means SFA.

The stock 20w nakamichi drivers you get in the Lexus models will only handle 20w, but have an efficiency of 105dB/1w compared to the 88dB efficiency of a dumpster worthy Alpine type S.

Alpine:
Power (watts) - dB
1 - 88
2 - 91
4 - 94
8 - 97
16 - 100
32 - 103
64 - 106
128 - 109

Nakamichi:
Power (watts) - dB
1 - 105
2 - 108
4 - 111
8 - 114
16 - 117

So right out of the box the paper cone Nak would require less power and provide more volume than the plastic cone type s. Like i said wattage means SFA in terms of dB and quality.

Yes, this is true - its hard finding after market speakers with sensitivity anywhere close to that. Having a high sensitivity and excellent sound quality is a tough job, especially for mass marketed systems.

Unfortunately as you stated, they are much less durable, I replaced my rears last summer and when I lifted them out, they literally disintegrated in my hands, my car is previously from California so I am sure the heat had something to do with it. The fronts were fine though.

Which car are you running the Nak system?

JZS_147
10-13-2010, 10:15 AM

I`ll take Alpine Type X Pro's, JL C5's, hell even Alpine Type R's over Nakamichi factory anyday.

I have been around this stuff enough to know the differences, I don`t need an explanation about efficiency.
Point is, your factory mid/tweet combo is lacking significantly over aftermarket. Go buy Type X Pro's for $500 and listen to what solid inexpensive component set will get you.

I`ll take my single set of JL C5's up front, my ZR midwoofers in the rear over top of any factory set up ever, and the system cost me less than $1000.

Audio is all preference. I have heard the Xpro's and they sound like a tin can to me.

If you've been around this stuff longer you should know better.

JZS_147
10-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Aaron@Tuner

His system is pretty badass and sounds great :) But I'd throw mine up against his anyday :)

And you'd lose bitch :rofl:

Aaron@Tuner
10-13-2010, 10:16 AM

And you'd lose bitch :rofl:

Bring it on son!

JZS_147
10-13-2010, 10:22 AM

Headunit:
Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD
(not happy, waiting for my P99RS)

Speakers:
Focal 165KRXS up front
Focal 130CVX rear (fill)
Focal 33KX sub

Power:
Steg Masterstroke MSK1500 (on front speakers)
Steg K2.02 on sub

JZS_147
10-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Yes, this is true - its hard finding after market speakers with sensitivity anywhere close to that. Having a high sensitivity and excellent sound quality is a tough job, especially for mass marketed systems.

Unfortunately as you stated, they are much less durable, I replaced my rears last summer and when I lifted them out, they literally disintegrated in my hands, my car is previously from California so I am sure the heat had something to do with it. The fronts were fine though.

Which car are you running the Nak system?

My first gen gs300 came with a nak system. I had a set of Hertz components up front and I ended up reverting back to stock.

The nak system in my buddies 2nd gen is badass too. stock components, all he's done is put an amp on the sub, sounds better than any garbage you can buy off the shelf at future shop.

nednerbf
10-15-2010, 03:44 PM

Headunit:
Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Speakers:
Focal 165KRXS up front
Focal 130CVX rear (fill)
Focal 33KX sub

Power:
Steg K2.02 on sub

Respect.

Mitsu3000gt
10-15-2010, 04:46 PM
IMO car audio is greatly affected by the law of diminishing returns. There is a $50K system in my car and although it sounds freakin' amazing, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between that and a really well done setup that cost much less.

As for stock systems, I've never been a fan of the BOSE stuff but it's usually better than the "standard" systems, assuming the BOSE is offered as an upgrade. The higher end German cars I find have very good stock systems. Also I think the Hyundai Genesis has the same system as Rolls uses haha.

D. Dub
10-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
My brother just bought the Dodge Calibre R/T, which has the higher end sound system...say what you will about the car, but that stereo is awesome. I recently rented a Dodge Journey for 3 weeks with the same sound system and wow, it pounds.

I think Dodge is still using lots of the technology from their past relationship with Mercedes (Harman Kardon)

revelations
10-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
IMO car audio is greatly affected by the law of diminishing returns. There is a $50K system in my car and although it sounds freakin' amazing, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between that and a really well done setup that cost much less.

What car has a 50,000$ stereo system in it?

(unless its a competition ready aftermarket build or something)

TE4MFaint
10-15-2010, 11:18 PM

Audio is all preference. I have heard the Xpro's and they sound like a tin can to me.

If you've been around this stuff longer you should know better.

Yes I know car audio is all personal preference.
I`m not retarded.
But I also know one of the most BASS HEAVY speakers out on the market does not sound like a tin can, I`m assuming the person who tuned the Type X Pro's you listened to have no idea what they are doing.

JZS_147
10-18-2010, 11:04 AM
nope flat EQ on an original audio cd.

you shouldn't need to EQ the hell out of your system to make it sound good.

My system is on a flat EQ, 3dB knocked off 12K.

HuMz
10-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Any Nissan product with the Rockford Fosgate upgrades are FANTASTIC systems. I had one in my 2003 Nissan Maxima and another in a 2006 Frontier LE. They come from factory with a sub built in. They sound better than many $1000 aftermarket systems.

If you are looking for decent quality sedan with a good factory sound system look for a 2002 or 2003 Maxima SE.

There pretty good in comparison too most stock systems but it would be pretty easy to make it sound better for an aftermarket $1000 budget.

I have the Rockford stereo in my new frontier and it is highly under powered. Having installed car stereos as a hobby for the last 10 years I can without a doubt say that pretty much any decent aftermarket equipment will out perform majority of upgraded stock systems.

msommers
10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
nope flat EQ on an original audio cd.

you shouldn't need to EQ the hell out of your system to make it sound good.

My system is on a flat EQ, 3dB knocked off 12K.

Agreed for the most part, but every sound system (home or auto) will have their individual frequency biases along with personal preference. Some prefer a bump or dip in particular frequencies because a flat eq is too boring to listen to.

Have you decided on anything Pahnda?

Mitsu3000gt
10-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by revelations

What car has a 50,000$ stereo system in it?

(unless its a competition ready aftermarket build or something)

Yes, my car was built to compete in sound quality competitions.

911fever
10-18-2010, 02:11 PM

Headunit:
Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Speakers:
Focal 165KRXS up front
Focal 130CVX rear (fill)
Focal 33KX sub

Power:
Steg K2.02 on sub

wow great setup.

msommers
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM

Yes, my car was built to compete in sound quality competitions.

Do you have that much in aftermarket equipment in your car? I get the sense you're joking but I'm not really that sure the more I think about it haha.

Pahnda
10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Have you decided on anything Pahnda?

I haven't even really had time to look at anything in the past few weeks. I really should start cracking since it seems like I have a buyer for my car... Happy to save money for University and will let me be relaxed next year when I have to move away... but sad to see it go. :(

Right now I'm thinking most likely an Altima or G35, based purely on specs/features. If the audio system is fine for me in both it'll probably come down to if I feel the G35 is 'worth' it in terms of better ride/less noise vs cost.

msommers
10-18-2010, 02:41 PM
I really like my G but they have their quirks. PM me, I don't mind showing and giving you the run-down on mine.

Mitsu3000gt
10-18-2010, 03:02 PM

Do you have that much in aftermarket equipment in your car? I get the sense you're joking but I'm not really that sure the more I think about it haha.

I am not joking, the previous owner used the car to compete in sound quality competitions. Everything is nicely built in too, so there is no compromise of practicality in the car (except I have no spare tire haha).

911fever
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Pahnda

I haven't even really had time to look at anything in the past few weeks. I really should start cracking since it seems like I have a buyer for my car... Happy to save money for University and will let me be relaxed next year when I have to move away... but sad to see it go. :(

Right now I'm thinking most likely an Altima or G35, based purely on specs/features. If the audio system is fine for me in both it'll probably come down to if I feel the G35 is 'worth' it in terms of better ride/less noise vs cost.

don't buy a G35. You will regret it. Very boring, poor on gas, weak sound system, annoying clutch, poor resale. My Dad's G35 is decent but he wouldn't buy another one. Consider something else

msommers
10-18-2010, 03:14 PM

I am not joking, the previous owner used the car to compete in sound quality competitions. Everything is nicely built in too, so there is no compromise of practicality in the car (except I have no spare tire haha).

I want to hear this thing haha.

Originally posted by 911fever
don't buy a G35. You will regret it. Very boring, poor on gas, weak sound system, annoying clutch, poor resale. My Dad's G35 is decent but he wouldn't buy another one. Consider something else

Terrible gas mileage - check. And it runs on premium. On highway it's pretty decent. ~8L/100km. City? Depends how much stop-n-go you have but I'm usuing ~14L/100km - I don't drive like a grandma either haha.

Weak sound system - it's tolerable. Compared to other stuff in it's price range, it's adequate for the average listener. I have some audiophile gear at my house, fyi.

Annoying clutch - some people think it is, and it can be. It isn't like driving a honda or acura clutch, that's for sure.

Poor resale - market is getting flooded because a lot of g35 owners are getting g37's. Mine new would have been 60,000 and I got it for 26,500 with 23,000 km on it full loaded with 18" winter tires/rims and 3 year full extended warranty.

All that said, I might consider selling mine in 3 yrs when the warranty runs out. I have fun driving it and it's a decent sports car for the price. Plenty of guys have racked up quite a few miles on theirs.

I know I was trying to figure out what else to get in the ~25,000 price range that wasn't brand new because I can't justify a brand new vehicle. Beemers and Audis can have their share of problems, VW was out of the question, Toyota has boring cars and Honda, well I didn't want a civic or an accord, only domestic I like is a corvette but wouldn't drive it in the winter.... new CRV interested to me but in the end wanted a sports coupe.

Pahnda
10-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I really like my G but they have their quirks. PM me, I don't mind showing and giving you the run-down on mine.

Thanks for the offer! :)

[i]911feverdon't buy a G35. You will regret it. Very boring, poor on gas, weak sound system, annoying clutch, poor resale. My Dad's G35 is decent but he wouldn't buy another one. Consider something else

Several years ago I tried a pre-'07 G35 and I also didn't like the clutch feel at all, but I'm looking for an automatic since it should be easier to sell when I have to leave next year.

What I'm looking for, that the G35/Altima has, simply is bluetooth and a pushbutton/keyfob system, decent styling (I would probably got for a 2007 G35 or 2007/2008 Altima), and decent interest in them so that I, hopefully, can sell it within a 2 month (or so) timeframe.

I guess what I could have asked in this thread is for people to suggest a car that has the following:
- Decent audio
- Integrated bluetooth
- Keyfob system
- Decent styling
- Ability to sell in a relatively short period of time for a fair market value

I do have a preference for xenon/HID headlights and some generic stuff that most cars in that range would have like power/heated seats and electrochromatic mirrors. But that stuff is not strictly necessary...

From there I would most likely just take whatever has the best feel to me.

After looking at a bunch of car specs, the G35 and Altima seemed to have the best mix of features that I was looking for. I even was contemplating the Ford Fusion. However I think the Altima and G35 offer more unless I buy a 2010+ Fusion, which won't happen.

JZS_147
10-18-2010, 03:45 PM
what's your price range?

Pahnda
10-18-2010, 03:49 PM
what's your price range?

About $25,000.

However, if I can get the features I'm looking for in a decently maintained car that doesn't have insane mileage, the cheaper the better.