PDA

View Full Version : is there anyone who knows MK5 gti headlight fits to mk5 jetta?

canadian.eh84
09-28-2010, 12:11 PM
i own a wv jetta...06
which it doesnt have hid lights
but would like to.. lol
gti head light looks really awesome... was wondering if it would fit in my 06 jetta,..:dunno:

i just dont wanna order them and find out they dont fit..

adidas
09-28-2010, 12:14 PM
I think u gotta change the fenders, bumper and hood in order for it to all fit.

Doesnt the GLI have the exact same headlights as the GTI just a different shape?

canadian.eh84
09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
i have the mk5 jetta tdi...
they look so similar

GTI CANADIAN
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
They are the same.

spike98
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by GTI CANADIAN
They are the same.

Can confirm

Caveat: If going from halogens to HID or visa versa you will need new harnesses and vagcom to program.

canadian.eh84
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by spike98

Can confirm

Caveat: If going from halogens to HID or visa versa you will need new harnesses and vagcom to program.

VAGCOM? WHATS THAT?
IF I GET THESE AND HID CONVERSION THAT WOULDNT THAT DO THE TRICK?

btimbit
09-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Mk4 and Mk6 are the only ones that have different front ends, Mk5 you can change them around.

Would these be aftermarket hid's, or OEM ones? If they're aftermarket lights, then don't bother getting at it with VAGCOM, it'd be best to leave the setting on Halogen. You may, depending on the kit you bought have flickering issues (whether you switch the DRLs off or not) because the halogens circuitry is 55 watts and most HIDs are 35 watts.

If you're getting OEM HID's, then you'd need to change the code with VAGCOM so the car knows they're HID's.

There are some people in town that have VAGCOM that I'm sure would do it for you in exchange for a case of beer

GTI CANADIAN
09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
VAG-COM, is the software used to change coding in the cars computer.

You can change all kinds of stuff with it. Stuff that would be enabled in europe, but disabled in NA.

For example, you can adjust the steering wheel stiffness.