PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Ramsy Causes Chef To Commit Suicide

RickDaTuner
09-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Not one but twice...

First in 2006

DALLAS — Rachel Brown, the Oak Cliff-based personal chef who became a national celebrity last summer following her appearance on the Fox reality show Hell's Kitchen, was found dead in her family home in Bedford on May 9, according to her sister, Dr. Mary Brown.

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2007/may/18/local-chef-reality-tv-celeb-rachel-brown-found-dea/

http://pegasusnews.com/media/img/photos/2007/05/18/thumbs/RachelBrown.jpg.250x250_q85.jpg

And now recently

The body of a man found floating in the Hudson River last Friday afternoon was identified as 39-year-old New Jersey chef Joseph Cerniglia, a 2007 participant in Gordon Ramsay's reality TV show "Kitchen Nightmares."

http://www.slashfood.com/2010/09/27/reality-show-chef-found-dead-in-hudson-river/#ixzz10rZcduKQ

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2010/09/chefs-gordon-ramsay-joseph-cerniglia-590.jpg

All I can say is I'm Not surprised.

EK 2.0
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
While I cannot say I am surprised either...

But it's Gordon Fucking Ramsay...like seriously...his thoughts about you are that important as to drive you to do something like that??:rolleyes:

Melinda
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I would say the second one was probably not related to chef ramsay, he was on the show three years ago. That's a long time to dwell on suicidal thoughts following a chef coming to your business that you invited to be there.

The first once might be plausible, but no one person can cause another to kill themselves. There has to be a lot more to the story and more underlying issues than that. This is just more media hype on a slow news day.

Besides, it's no secret how blunt GR is. He's famous for it. Both of these people willingly put themselves in the line of fire. I can't really blame GR for this one, he was just being himself. That's almost as dumb as people blaming Marilyn Manson for Columbine.

JRSC00LUDE
09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
What a stupid thread title.

LadyLuck
09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
http://satellitetvguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/gordon-ramsay.jpg

dimi
09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Ummmmm, he "caused" their suicides?

RickDaTuner
09-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Haha, c'mon guys play along... You have all thought once or twice about how harsh Gordon has been on his show...

I guess my days as a News media slinger will never be brought to life.

:thumbsup:

spike98
09-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
What a stupid thread title.

QFFT

At one point in either artical does it mention suicide?

EK 2.0
09-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Haha, c'mon guys play along... You have all thought once or twice about how harsh Gordon has been on his show...

No, I think he does it for the attention and to add drama to the show like you add flour to a sauce to make a rue...

Watching him in interviews and on other shows he seems to be a "normal" guy...and quite funny as well....

Cooked Rice
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
i wouldn't blame it on gordon ramsay. working in a kitchen is stressful, there are a lot more head chefs that are more anal than gordon ramsay. he is a lot more down to earth when not on his north american TV shows. The series where he goes to India to discover their culinary roots is one example.

spike98
09-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

No, I think he does it for the attention and to add drama to the show like you add flour to a sauce to make a rue...

Watching him in interviews and on other shows he seems to be a "normal" guy...and quite funny as well....

Exactly. He doesn't settle for anything less than perfection in his kitchens. If you have seen any of his shows, he is a normal guy when he is not cooking. When contestants win challanges and such you can clearly see he is not bat shit crazy.

RickDaTuner
09-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by spike98

QFFT

At one point in either artical does it mention suicide?

Actually The second one does, and the first one was just there for posterity.

The investigation of the first one concluded with it being a suicide, I just failed to cite the sources.

Honestly though, how can you not contribute Gordons influence on their lives...

Sure he may have not been the all consuming factor that led to the suicides but for sure he was a part of the situation. If anything I'm sure it was his public exposure to them that aggravated their mental state

Kloubek
09-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Ramsay is a prick. Regardless of whether it is to increase entertainment value or not, he's a first class prick on his show.

However, mentally stable people don't kill themselves. Simple as that. Blame him all you want, but something wasn't right upstairs.

InRich
09-28-2010, 04:01 PM
that 2nd guy was having MASSIVE financial problems, I remember watching that episode. he was fucked, badly.

codetrap
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Now peoples, this thread title is a perfect example of grounds for a libel charge.

Sasuke_Kensai
09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
A Sun article (yeah yeah) on the second guy mentions he was mired in debt three years ago to the tune of $80k - could be it got worse?

http://www.calgarysun.com/entertainment/celebrities/2010/09/28/15504801-wenn-story.html

RickDaTuner
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
Now peoples, this thread title is a perfect example of grounds for a libel charge.

haha, I'll let you guys know when the court fillings take place.

bignerd
09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I think for people to even go on a reality tv show they have something a little different going on upstairs... Especially something like Hells Kitchen, say versus Top Chef which seems a little more authentic/distinguished.

texasnick
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I take it a lot of you haven't worked with chefs before. He seems quite tame compared to some of the assholes I've had the pleasure of working for.

old&slow
09-28-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd like to see that show and other "reality" shows die a quick death!

btimbit
09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Ramsay is a prick. Regardless of whether it is to increase entertainment value or not, he's a first class prick on his show.

Ever worked in a kitchen? I've come across worse than Ramsey

Originally posted by Kloubek
However, mentally stable people don't kill themselves. Simple as that. Blame him all you want, but something wasn't right upstairs.

QFT