PDA

View Full Version : pre-workout energy supplements

nagooro
09-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Have taken NO xplod and superpump in the past.
NO xplod worked pretty well, superpump didn't really do it for me.

Any suggestions?
black powder? nanovapor?

lint
09-28-2010, 04:36 PM
some whey protein and a hand full of jelly beans

revelations
09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Before a game of hockey, I found a light snack with some Boost meal-replacement really helps me kick it up a notch.

Darkane
09-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Caffeine is what you're feeling from those.

If you want a better one try BCAA boost, or MG's Powdered Muscle from TrueProtein.

If money isn't a consideration use Biotests Anaconda 1 Protocol.

That will put on the mass, comes with a 100% money back guarantee even lol.

Lex350
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I've been using this for the last couple of weeks after a buddy recommended it. Wow, I sure notice a difference in my workouts.

http://www.fittime.com/ws_fittime/v3/index.asp

Oz-
09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/219848/pre-workout-stims/

For stims, it worked quite well when I used those.

Now? Just BCAA's.

nagooro
09-28-2010, 06:16 PM
What do BCAA's do? Is it just amino acids? Never really been familiar with it.

Uncle Flappy
09-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I really like NO Xplode. I have honestly noticed I can lift a bit more weight, more workout quality towards the end and do more reps.
I don't know if it's the caffeine but when I drink it I feel really energized and kind of fuzzy upstairs.
You also look more jacked lol when you take it.

revelations
09-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
If you want a better one try BCAA boost, or MG's Powdered Muscle from TrueProtein.

Just checked and there is no caffeine in the drink :dunno:

And its not a "sugar" boost either as the feeling lasts a whole game.

Cooked Rice
09-29-2010, 12:44 AM
if you like NO xplode, try Jack3d by USP Labs and you will never go back. They sell it at popeyes. I started taking it about 2 months ago and love it.

nagooro
09-29-2010, 01:14 AM
I can get superpump at cost, so debating if I wanna take that again. Looking at the formula on the back, seems like its a new formula compared to the last tub of superpump I had. So might give it a shot...
I'll look into jack3d tomorrow.

I'm not a fan of spending money on this stuff, but it gets the job done.

jaysas_63
09-29-2010, 07:41 AM
i use to be on a pre/post wrkout stack back in the day i used that shit for 3 years before i gave it all up (i was on NO/cell mass most of the 3 years, i also tried superpump/size on, and bullnox)

its a waste of your money. all that shit will do is give u a caffeine buzz short term, and nausea kickin in later on in the wrkout

save ur money, and dont put that BS in ur body....multi-vitamins (not animal pak, that shit has damn near poisonous levels of vit A) and protein are all you need:thumbsup:

I was going through withdrawl for the first 4 months after i cut all that shit out, i can honestly say that my body needed that caffeine to workout, but now that im passed that i gatta say i love working out naturally. been over 2 years since i gave it all up, and i will never go back!

scboss
09-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
i use to be on a pre/post wrkout stack back in the day i used that shit for 3 years before i gave it all up (i was on NO/cell mass most of the 3 years, i also tried superpump/size on, and bullnox)

its a waste of your money. all that shit will do is give u a caffeine buzz short term, and nausea kickin in later on in the wrkout

save ur money, and dont put that BS in ur body....multi-vitamins (not animal pak, that shit has damn near poisonous levels of vit A) and protein are all you need:thumbsup:

I was going through withdrawl for the first 4 months after i cut all that shit out, i can honestly say that my body needed that caffeine to workout, but now that im passed that i gatta say i love working out naturally. been over 2 years since i gave it all up, and i will never go back!

I was in the same boat I use to always take superpump or no explode, they did the trick but I noticed I needed alot more near the end so instead of one scoop I was taking 3. That was all fine till the first time I cycled off of 3 scoops I felt so lazy my lifts were the same just not as intense mindset which usually led to less reps. These supplements are great short term but if u plan on working out the rest of your life avoid them at all costs because there is a good chance when u stop taking them you will stop working out. Just eat pre workout and put on some bumping beats that get u amped up.

EG STyLeZ
09-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I've used NO-xplode and nanovapor, I found NO-xplode to work much better and less of a crash at the end of your workout

Darkane
09-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Just checked and there is no caffeine in the drink :dunno:

And its not a "sugar" boost either as the feeling lasts a whole game.

There is 2 options of BCAA boost. There is no caffeine in the powdered muscle.

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=25&pid=6771

Careful with that one. It has 250mg/serving.

I was simply saying it's the caffeine that you feel, a BETTER option wouldn't necessarily have caffeine.

I like Caff before my workouts too, but don't take it. Half the time I workout in the evening and troubles my sleep if I take stims pre-workout.

I'm doing the Anaconda peri-workout protocol right now with pretty amazing results.

90 Minutes pre I take Alpha GPC, wakes the nervous system for heavy lifting. Clinical studies have shown 14% increase in force output from the supplement.

In 6 weeks I've made better strength gains then I had made in 4 months - using the Anaconda Protocol.

revelations
09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
^ I think we are talking about different things..... I'm referring to a simple meal replacement drink. No caffeine in these guys.

http://www.brandpower.com/ssl/upload/Products021075_boost.jpg

Darkane
09-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by revelations
^ I think we are talking about different things..... I'm referring to a simple meal replacement drink. No caffeine in these guys.

http://www.brandpower.com/ssl/upload/Products021075_boost.jpg

Oh.. not sure.

You quoted me, I'm confused now.

EG STyLeZ
09-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

If money isn't a consideration use Biotests Anaconda 1 Protocol.

That will put on the mass, comes with a 100% money back guarantee even lol.

It never occurred to me that NO-xplode contained caffeine until I just read that. I like the initial buzz though, why do I feel it more from NO-xplode compared to Nanovapor even though they both have caffeine? Maybe the amount of caffeine per serving?

max_boost
09-30-2010, 01:02 AM
I've never taken any pre-workout energy supplements. If anything I get a wicked burst of energy while I'm lifting. I can be lazy as shit before but once I get the lifts going, damn I feel good.

:D

yeahyeah
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
no xplode is garbage. jack3d = win

jav_
09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
anyone ever use Coenzyme Q10?

r1_boii
02-11-2011, 04:12 PM
usually the extra energy u get is caffeine but the extra reps/ explosiveness and the concentration is guama they have in pre workout drinks. .

props to the boys who workout all naturale. If your a beginner lifter i strongly recommend a preworkout drink like NO-Xplode just to get the groove of working out, but only to your discretion, cycling pre workout will allow you to not have to rely on the drinks to have a good workout.

intermediates and ppl that are kinda plateau'ing, changing your plan, adding extra reps or take one of my fav pre-workout 1MR for that amazing pump. but given warning, 1MR is highly concentrated and will give u amazing amaznig pump but it took a toll on my sleeping patterns so i had to use some sort of sleeping pill.

I am in no way of calling myself an advanced lifter as we're all students of this sport. But do your research before buying those stupid high end supplements, expensive does not mean the supplement is good as we all have different genes.

hope that clears some stuff up.

** dont buy superpump! that gave me the madd shits!

Dumbass17
02-11-2011, 05:48 PM
any you guys tried Quake 10.0 by Scivation?

that shit is pure energy, loaded with creatine too. i like it but i might try jack3d just to compare

pyro
02-11-2011, 06:37 PM
jack3d FTW at GNC right now its buy one get the 2nd for half price. :thumbsup:

scboss
02-11-2011, 07:17 PM
If you guys are looking for something that makes it so you have lots of energy without the creatine and the caffiene buzz i would go with this stuff
http://www.supplementscanada.com/popeyes/product6803.html

Pretty much its a carb supplement so that you always have enough energy to finish your workout without the addictive crazy mofo feeling. All you have to do is sip it throughout your workout with your water.

schocker
02-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by pyro
If you can wait for the shipping though bodybuilding.com has it for $26 or a 3-pack for $66. I have been using jack3d after using superpump and I find it better but it doesen't mix very well.

ddduke
02-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by pyro

GNC is a shit hole. They charge $40 for a box of myoplex light bars that are $18 at popeyes and $16 at costco. Everything there is so over priced.

As for pre workout supps, I try to stay as natural as possible unless I'm hung over or really tired, then I'll take NO xplod, but I just buy the $3 bottles of it. I've ruined way too many water bottles using Superpump and NO xplod.

[Yu]
02-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I've never taken any pre-workout energy supplements. If anything I get a wicked burst of energy while I'm lifting. I can be lazy as shit before but once I get the lifts going, damn I feel good.

:D

Agreed man, I look forward to the gym every MWF. The last set is what gets me jacked and stoked.

J-hop
02-12-2011, 02:07 AM
I am on superpump250 right now, it is ok. As someone mentioned it can give you bad "movements" however I've only ever noticed this when i don't hydrate enough as the stuff dehydrates you really bad so you have to pound back water during and after your workout.

I have heard NO-shotgun is a great one and that 1MR is insane.

For me, I am always varying my sleep so some days I will be tired as shit but other days be energized. The nice thing about taking a pre workout energy/pump drink is that you more or less eliminate the weak days and I personally have found I work out at a consistent energy level all the time. This helps in ensuring that I am balancing my workouts.

I respect guys that do it Natural, but with my horrible sleep patterns during school it is very difficult to maintain consistent energy levels so I look to supplements to alleviate this temporarily.

[Yu]
02-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Hey, I don't got anything against using supplements for that extra kick.

But I only know maybe 5-10% of the people that actually take that stuff has searched each and every ingredient in the list on a journal site such as pubmed.

For example, USPJack3d and NO-Shotgun both have "Schizandrol A"

Not much information is seen on PubMed stating how safe it is and what not.

As previously stated by several beyond members, I too would stick to caffeine, L-arginine, creatine mono, and some fruit juice

That right there is essentially NO-xplode, except you know whats in it. If you don't want the L-arginine, you can substitute BCAAs for it instead. Buying all of these supplements in the form of powders, can probably save you more than buying stuff like NO-Shotgun or USP Jack3d.

dandia89
02-12-2011, 12:24 PM
I used to take horsepower from gnc for awhile. it tasted and mixed awfully but I got super pumped, and I felt I didn't get as much DOMS on it

J-hop
02-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]
Hey, I don't got anything against using supplements for that extra kick.

But I only know maybe 5-10% of the people that actually take that stuff has searched each and every ingredient in the list on a journal site such as pubmed.

For example, USPJack3d and NO-Shotgun both have "Schizandrol A"

Not much information is seen on PubMed stating how safe it is and what not.

As previously stated by several beyond members, I too would stick to caffeine, L-arginine, creatine mono, and some fruit juice

That right there is essentially NO-xplode, except you know whats in it. If you don't want the L-arginine, you can substitute BCAAs for it instead. Buying all of these supplements in the form of powders, can probably save you more than buying stuff like NO-Shotgun or USP Jack3d.

good points

civic_stylez
02-12-2011, 01:23 PM
jack3d FTW.:thumbsup:

r1_boii
02-14-2011, 11:36 AM
ive heard alot of good reviews of jack3d but its expensive for a preworkout sup and you dont get much outta it. does anyone here cycle there pre-workout drinks? :dunno:

yeahyeah
02-14-2011, 11:46 AM
I take jack3d before workouts and mix creatine powder into my protein shakes.

Buy jack3d online from fitnessone and it's only ~25-30 bucks which is much better than the $50+ you'll find it for in stores locally....which is absolutelt outrageous pricing, along with any supplement or protein for that matter. Buying online = win.

I don't cycle preworkouts. I've tried NO Xplode and Austified and found jack3d to work for me so I roll with it. So until something better comes out, i'm cool with jack3d. Your body may build up an immunity over time so taking a break here and there off it might not be a bad idea but the caffeine in jack3d picks me up a bit and has creatine in it so I'll just keep taking it.

jaysas_63
02-14-2011, 12:40 PM
i was on NO for a few years, super pump for a cycle, and then i grew up.

its all a scam. have a coffee instead, and save your money

gqmw
02-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by r1_boii
ive heard alot of good reviews of jack3d but its expensive for a preworkout sup and you dont get much outta it. does anyone here cycle there pre-workout drinks? :dunno:

jack3d is like 25 bucks on bodybuilding.com. 1mr is good too...if you guys can take the crash after.

colt22
02-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Jack3d is garbage, overhyped and low quality, the ingredient 1,3-Dimethylamylamine which is in Jack3d will cause a positive drug test result for a banned stimulant under CCES regulation.

I recommend RIVALUS Complx5.. made here in canada, clinically tested and is on most sport ethics safe list for trusted supplement companies.

.. Not to mention it is the most effective supplement I have ever used.

Dumbass17
02-15-2011, 05:01 AM
yeah what is the real point of pre-workout supplements?

i think i'm going to stop taking anything for pre-workout and just stick to creatine before/after

jaysas_63
02-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
yeah what is the real point of pre-workout supplements?

i think i'm going to stop taking anything for pre-workout and just stick to creatine before/after

what they try to MARKET the product as is mostly a vasodilator, through amino acids (arginine) that supposedly stimulate the release of nitric oxide (a vasodilator)

does this mechanism actually work....no! (there's scholarly literature you can read to support this claim)

all it really is a highly caffeinated drink that gives you a bit of a buzz before you hit the gym. ironically the caffeine in the drink actually serves to constrict your blood vasculature, which would be counter productive to your workouts.

J-hop
02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

what they try to MARKET the product as is mostly a vasodilator, through amino acids (arginine) that supposedly stimulate the release of nitric oxide (a vasodilator)

does this mechanism actually work....no! (there's scholarly literature you can read to support this claim)

all it really is a highly caffeinated drink that gives you a bit of a buzz before you hit the gym. ironically the caffeine in the drink actually serves to constrict your blood vasculature, which would be counter productive to your workouts.

well I would like to see this literature? Have you ever taken Nitric Oxide pills before a workout. From personal experience I think you'd tend not to believe the "scholarly" articles you are basing your opinion on.

I drink on average 6 cups of coffee per day, I'd say I am pretty much immune to the effects of caffiene haha. But I definitely notice a physical change when using my super pump. My energy is elevated and you get an amazing muscle pump (guessing from the nitric oxide). I don't know how a placebo can cause such a visible physical change but it does, so either I have an extremely powerful mind or nitric oxide is more than your average placebo....

GQBalla
02-15-2011, 12:27 PM
creatine also pumps you up