PDA

View Full Version : Lost weight - Some tips for others

Neil4Speed
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey Guys, I thought I would post up in case there might be some people on the forum who are trying to loose weight, my experiences might help.

Back in August, I was about 185, on about a 5'10" frame, I had a fair bit of muscle but a bit too much roundness for my liking. I decided that it might be a good idea to start watching my eating a little better just for the sake of eating better rather than purely loosing weight.

Sure enough my "diet" made me lose about 13 pounds in the last month (down to 172), and I feel like I look much better than before (if not slightly on the scrawny side). I also maintained my strength to about 95% of what it used to be. I can see abs with much more definition and allot of weight lost in my face. I feel generally a bit better too, more energy.

I work out about 4-5 Times a week, low intensity weight training, Legs/ChestTris/Shoulders/Legs/BackBis. Pretty much unchanged routine as far as that goes for the last couple of months.

The big thing for me is that I was a notorious bad snacker, Chips and Ice Cream being my akeliese heel. I really worked on cutting out the "shit food" from my diet, and the big thing - Making my lunch every day. I would keep it pretty clean, Sandwhich with (Turkey, Cheese, Light Mayo, Mustard, Spinach), Half a Cup of Cottage Cheese, Two Yougurts, Some Fresh Mango, Small amount of Dried Cranberries, Two Bannanas. But instead of eating the bulk of the food right at 12, I kept my food instake sustained, eating one thing every hour of the day. I never felt hungry.

In addition, I would try to cut bread and carbs whereever possible in a way that it "wouldn't affect my meal". Therefore if I order a burger at a resteraunt, I will take off whichever half of bread looked less appitizing, or when I make my breakfast sandwhich in the morning (two eggs, slice of light Processed Cheese, Salsa, Cayenne Pepper, slice of Turkey), I would use one thin slice of rye bread, instead of two thick slices of sandwhich bread. Another few little changes, if I get a coffee I measure out the sugar before I put it in, those Sugar poarers are horrible in the way that you are probably putting in way more than you need.l Instead of double double, I get a two milk, one sugar - you get used to it after two coffees.

So in a nutshell a few tips from my expereince.

- Cut the carbs when it doesn't really affect your meal
- Eat once an hour, In small measured quantities.
- Substitute Fruit and Yougurt for junk food
- Work out regularly

Allot of this stuff is obvious, but hopefully some people might be able to find something helpful

Good luck people!

gretz
09-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Eat less, Move more = weight loss everytime

max_boost
09-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by gretz
Eat less, Move more = weight loss everytime

haha ya

But maybe OP posting up his experience will cause others to follow along. As lint said, dead simple but doesn't mean it's easy. :rofl:

Neil4Speed
09-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I know, allot of this is kind of losing weight 101, but I was surprised at the effects.

sputnik
09-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
As lint said, dead simple but doesn't mean it's easy. :rofl:

Did lint have a thread about his weight loss?

3drian
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey Op thanks a lots for the tips, I aprecciated it. Im planning on starting my diet and to once again work out this monday, I gained about 15-20 pounds this summer mostly due to all the shit food I was eating and all the beer I was drinking.. I feel FAT its gross and im only 170lbs (im usually 150), Im gonna start working on my diet and stick to it, good thing is that summer is done so I wont be drinking beer as often anymore...

lint
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
nope, nobody wants to listen to the simple no bullshit answers to weight loss or muscle gain.

sputnik
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
I do.

Coles Notes version?

lint
09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I do.

Coles Notes version?

in order to lose weight, you need to cut calories. It's easier to create a caloric deficit by reducing food intake than trying to increase activity to burn it off. ie much easier to NOT eat a Big Mac than to try and burn off ~500cals with cardio.

As long as you lift heavy and maintain a protein intake of ~ 1g/lb lean body mass, muscle loss isn't a concern at all. And even if you were to lose muscle, muscle memory would allow you to regain that lost muscle in record time once you started upping your calories again.

Take diet breaks, they help regulate hormone levels and give you a mental break. Eating a cheat meal or having a cheat weekend isn't going to break the bank. Any weight gain is going to be water and will be shed immediately when you get back on schedule.

Simple enough?

With that method i cut 27lbs in 7 weeks and maintained lean mass and strength while taking in ~1000-1200 kcals/day

If you want to build mass, eat more, lift more, progressive load. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Most lifters aren't past the beginner stage anyways. http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/most_lifters_are_still_beginners

bubbley
09-29-2010, 01:25 PM
how much muscle did you lose?

lint
09-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

NONE

max_boost
09-29-2010, 01:44 PM

:rofl: Did you even read what he wrote? :nut: :dunno:

Nufy
09-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Willpower and the desire to reach a goal.....

You had it...A lot of others don't.

Congrats.

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Hey Guys, I thought I would post up in case there might be some people on the forum who are trying to loose weight, my experiences might help.

Back in August, I was about 185, on about a 5'10" frame, I had a fair bit of muscle but a bit too much roundness for my liking. I decided that it might be a good idea to start watching my eating a little better just for the sake of eating better rather than purely loosing weight.

Sure enough my "diet" made me lose about 13 pounds in the last month (down to 172), and I feel like I look much better than before (if not slightly on the scrawny side). I also maintained my strength to about 95% of what it used to be. I can see abs with much more definition and allot of weight lost in my face. I feel generally a bit better too, more energy.

I work out about 4-5 Times a week, low intensity weight training, Legs/ChestTris/Shoulders/Legs/BackBis. Pretty much unchanged routine as far as that goes for the last couple of months.

The big thing for me is that I was a notorious bad snacker, Chips and Ice Cream being my akeliese heel. I really worked on cutting out the "shit food" from my diet, and the big thing - Making my lunch every day. I would keep it pretty clean, Sandwhich with (Turkey, Cheese, Light Mayo, Mustard, Spinach), Half a Cup of Cottage Cheese, Two Yougurts, Some Fresh Mango, Small amount of Dried Cranberries, Two Bannanas. But instead of eating the bulk of the food right at 12, I kept my food instake sustained, eating one thing every hour of the day. I never felt hungry.

In addition, I would try to cut bread and carbs whereever possible in a way that it "wouldn't affect my meal". Therefore if I order a burger at a resteraunt, I will take off whichever half of bread looked less appitizing, or when I make my breakfast sandwhich in the morning (two eggs, slice of light Processed Cheese, Salsa, Cayenne Pepper, slice of Turkey), I would use one thin slice of rye bread, instead of two thick slices of sandwhich bread. Another few little changes, if I get a coffee I measure out the sugar before I put it in, those Sugar poarers are horrible in the way that you are probably putting in way more than you need.l Instead of double double, I get a two milk, one sugar - you get used to it after two coffees.

So in a nutshell a few tips from my expereince.

- Cut the carbs when it doesn't really affect your meal
- Eat once an hour, In small measured quantities.
- Substitute Fruit and Yougurt for junk food
- Work out regularly

Allot of this stuff is obvious, but hopefully some people might be able to find something helpful

Good luck people!

RizenSun
09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by lint

in order to lose weight, you need to cut calories. It's easier to create a caloric deficit by reducing food intake than trying to increase activity to burn it off. ie much easier to NOT eat a Big Mac than to try and burn off ~500cals with cardio.

As long as you lift heavy and maintain a protein intake of ~ 1g/lb lean body mass, muscle loss isn't a concern at all. And even if you were to lose muscle, muscle memory would allow you to regain that lost muscle in record time once you started upping your calories again.

Take diet breaks, they help regulate hormone levels and give you a mental break. Eating a cheat meal or having a cheat weekend isn't going to break the bank. Any weight gain is going to be water and will be shed immediately when you get back on schedule.

Simple enough?

With that method i cut 27lbs in 7 weeks and maintained lean mass and strength while taking in ~1000-1200 kcals/day

If you want to build mass, eat more, lift more, progressive load. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Most lifters aren't past the beginner stage anyways. http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/most_lifters_are_still_beginners

Thanks for the tips lint... always learn something with what this guy says and have lost ~130lbs since mid March so if you wanna trust anyone... believe in lint and what OP just said cause its exactly what I did

I tallied what I ate and activities I did each day... did a graph on how much weight i was losing per week... did calculations on caloric requirements from protein/carbs/fat... and tried to maintain proper caloric intake per day based on weight.

a little motivation, inspiration, desire, and will power and it will be done... I just hope that guy doing the P90X is getting some progress because I know he's been trying hard

bubbley
09-29-2010, 01:55 PM

:rofl: Did you even read what he wrote? :nut: :dunno:

Im talking to the OP, he mentions alot of muscle prior then on the scrawny side to end. Just becaue you lose weight doesnt mean its all fat.

max_boost
09-29-2010, 02:00 PM
The max_boost way.

3 meals a day.
I ate carbs only in the mornings and post workout.
I cut my daily calories by roughly 500.
I ate lots of protein, porkchop, steaks, chicken, seafood, a few vegetables here and there.

Cardio: Badminton
Resistance: Barbell weights 3x/week

End result, 15lbs lighter but I can bench and press 30lbs more than before. I didn't squat or deadlift for over 6 months but I can do both for 5 reps at 190. My peak was 225 so not that far off.

But I'm a short guy, 5'5" on a good day so 15lbs is definitely noticeable lol :rofl:

At the end of the day, you have to want to do it yourself, no amount of heckling from others will make a difference, blogging won't make a difference as guys hype it up, subsequently crash and burn. Yes I'm talking about Vagabond142 :rofl:

max_boost
09-29-2010, 02:03 PM

Im talking to the OP, he mentions alot of muscle prior then on the scrawny side to end. Just becaue you lose weight doesnt mean its all fat.

Quote the post then. You posted right under lint so that's who I thought you were asking about.

OP said he has been able to maintain 95% of his strength despite the weight lost. You must keep lifting though.

bubbley
09-29-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote the post then. You posted right under lint so that's who I thought you were asking about.

OP said he has been able to maintain 95% of his strength despite the weight lost. It's a lot harder to lose muscle than it is to gain it.

Well thats because lint and I probably posted around the same time as I did not see his post.

Muscle can be lost but it can come back easy!

ekguy
10-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Quick question Neil. How did you find your energy levels before and after dieting. I've been wanting to lose a bit of weight but the biggest part is I feel like I never have that much energy...

Mitsu3000gt
10-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
Quick question Neil. How did you find your energy levels before and after dieting. I've been wanting to lose a bit of weight but the biggest part is I feel like I never have that much energy...

I'm not Neil but if you combine it with exercise, you will have way more energy. You will also start to really want to go exercise if you haven't been in a while but you normally do. By far the hardest part is the first week or so then it gets way better. Thats what I'm noticing with myself, anyways.

Crymson
10-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Also if someone is just starting, it's REALLY helpful to track yourself on Daily Plate. Some people just really don't understand calories/nutrition and intake, or are extremely poor judges of the calorie content of food when it's not labelled, or how much "usless" calories are consumed by the little things that don't matter much (aka stupid junk food and "snacks"). It takes a few weeks/months to come to grips with your eating habits as wells as your exersize habits.

Lots of people think they're eating healthy and probalby are, but they're still putting away 2800 calories a day when they should be eating 1800.

ekguy
10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I'm not Neil but if you combine it with exercise, you will have way more energy. You will also start to really want to go exercise if you haven't been in a while but you normally do. By far the hardest part is the first week or so then it gets way better. Thats what I'm noticing with myself, anyways.

Well in my current situation I don't have the time nor the money for a gym. But I spent the first few months of summer biking almost every day at least 20 to 40 sometimes more kilometers (not road biking but mountain biking) but then I broke my shoulder. I had lost 20 pounds but that was without diet or any other source of exercise.

Gonna try and start watching what I eat now because once i broke my shoulder the weight crept back up...

AaronK
10-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I definitely need to get back to the gym more often, and watch what I eat. This has given me some good ideas, thanks a lot guys!

codo
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by lint

Simple enough?

I am changing up my routine and was wondering how long should rests be for this routine? 2-3 minutes?

lint
10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by codo
I am changing up my routine and was wondering how long should rests be for this routine? 2-3 minutes?

Rest however long you need to complete the sets.

flipstah
10-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Good stuff, Neil! I commend you on sticking to it! I plan to lose weight too for this upcoming summer but the hard part is that I'm at the office 8hrs of the day then too fatigued to go to the gym. I guess it's all motivation now!

I also want to cut down my carbs but living without rice is so hard!!!!1 I ate one cup of rice today with some meat and was still hungry.

Any suggestions to suppress hunger pangs? I also don't eat much junk food so no worries on that.

bigbadboss101
10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I would think brown rice is better than enriched rice, but rice is better than pasta/bread/muffin/cake etc. I like all those and they definitely help increase one's girth.

Awd-Tsi
10-16-2010, 04:21 PM
I eat w/e I want whenever I want and I'm in good shape

msommers
10-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
the hard part is that I'm at the office 8hrs of the day then too fatigued to go to the gym.

So am I and I also have school, soccer and dodgeball. You need to actually give a shit to do it. I'm at the gym at 7am during the weekdays because that's the only time I know I'll go. After work? Not a chance.

flipstah
10-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by msommers

So am I and I also have school, soccer and dodgeball. You need to actually give a shit to do it. I'm at the gym at 7am during the weekdays because that's the only time I know I'll go. After work? Not a chance.

Crap. It's gonna be all about motivation and perseverance!

This is gonna hurt but damn it, I want McBain abs!

It starts on Monday! Thanks again, Neil for letting everyone know and giving people like myself motivation!

Neil4Speed
10-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Sorry guys for going MIA on the thread, since there wern't too many replys for a few days I just thought that it would be forgotten about.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, I want to extend the same to everyone here who is also out there with a simmilar goal. Flipstah stick to it and even Mcbain will be impressed :)

Getting into the gym can be tough, especially after working (I do that right now). A few things can make it a bit easier though. The big thing for me is having a gym buddy, he makes me feel like shit for ever bailing on him, and him likewise with me, so that is a big form of motivations. Another thing that drives me to go is the convenience, I picked my gym solely on distance and ease to get in and out, I can go my door to the weight floor in about 10 minutes. Lastly, try thinking of the gym differently, go with the mentality of "oh man, I hope that hot babe is going to be there!" instead of "oh man, I am going to do 300 reps today...". Consider also downing a cup of coffee about half an hour before your done work, you will feel more encouraged if your energized.

Ek! Good luck with your mission! Might be a good idea to pick up something like a door frame pull up bar, you can do so much with that and combining (what your doing) it with running.

Energy wise, I feel much more energy sustained through the day, I sleep better as well, I feel less sluggish. The big thing is pacing out your food, 100 calories every 1.3 hours kind of thing (not strict but a guideline). I never really feel hungry, and if I do, I always satisfy it with something small immediately. Flipstah, perhaps consider spacing out your meal a bit more, break it up into smaller snacks. The big thing for me is that, it was really hard the first week or so, always reaching out for Tostitos, Triscuts, Chocolate, but it gets easier. Now I can't even stomach too much sweet/decadant food - you stop thinking about it. If you really really crave sugar, give yourself an apple or a coke zero.

As lame as it sounds, portion control is really key. Instead of taking the bag of Nacho chips to the TV, grab a handful at a time.

Like mentioned by other posters, keeping your protein high is going to be big for hunger satiation, and muscle retention. Keep it up up up, Eggs, Lentils, You know whats up!

I would recommend people checking out Abs diet, allot of what I did is in it, a good friend of mine dropped 50lbs by following it closely (Statick on beyond). Its pretty easy to follow, and not really a "Diet", more so "Eat lots of this, and your less likely to eat shit".

Good luck everyone

:clap: :clap: :clap:

J-hop
10-17-2010, 01:29 PM

Neil4Speed
12-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Hey guys, just as a quick update. I have been doing more or less the same as I was before as listed in the OP. I am now down to 163 - Almost 25 Pounds lost!

I will be honest though, I have been working out but having a very tough time keeping my strength up with the gains that my buddies who I am working out with. Strength wise I am about the same as I have always been in spite of pushing harder and going regularly.

Still really happy, with the energy and the new look.

All the best to you fellow beyonders working towards a weight loss (or gain!) goal. Healthy lifestyles ftw.

Mitsu3000gt
12-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Hey guys, just as a quick update. I have been doing more or less the same as I was before as listed in the OP. I am now down to 163 - Almost 25 Pounds lost!

I will be honest though, I have been working out but having a very tough time keeping my strength up with the gains that my buddies who I am working out with. Strength wise I am about the same as I have always been in spite of pushing harder and going regularly.

Still really happy, with the energy and the new look.

All the best to you fellow beyonders working towards a weight loss (or gain!) goal. Healthy lifestyles ftw.

Congrats! I am noticing many of the same things as far as looks, energy, etc. go.

I'll post my update as well - I'm down from ~184 to 165lbs now doing what I said I am doing in my previous posts. Been at it since mid-September and feeling a million times better all the time. One thing I am noticing, is that strength comes before size. I can lift WAY more than I could before, but I'm not visually a lot bigger - probably because of all the cardio.

Cooked Rice
12-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Multiple small meals a day, a gym regimen, and consistency is the key.

I have 3 meals a day, with whey protein shakes between them, and at night casein protein. (Optimum Nutrition is my pick)

There are 3 components to my meals:
protein source, fiber/carb, and antioxidant/veg/fruit.

When you're grocery shopping, you shouldn't be spending a lot of time in the isles. Your diet should consist of relatively "whole" products found on the outer ring of grocery stores. My typical groceries consist of:

Protein:
0% or 1% Cottage cheese
Chicken breast
Canned tuna
Eggs/Egg whites

Fiber/carb:
Whole wheat soft tortillas
Hummus
Brown rice/Wild rice
Oatmeal (usually plain, add raisins and fresh berries for flavour)

antioxidant/veg/fruit:
Basically vegetables of all sorts, take your pick. Remember the majority should be green, broccoli, lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers etc...
Mixed salads (fat free dressing, vinegar based, i like to add cottage cheese to my salad as well).
strawberries, raspberries, blue berries etc... frozen is good too. I like to throw frozen strawberries, mangos, and peach slices into my protein shakes and blend them up.

Also I like using salsa to add flavour to scrambled eggs, and chicken. If you can make your own from scratch, but the stuff in jars is pretty much fat free, but contain preservatives.

Craving cruncher: 1 spoonful of natural peanut butter and honey.

And lastly. Don't find excuses to cheat. I don't understand why people do this, even my friends do it. They try finding excuses to let themselves cheat, i mean why would you do that? Cheat days? Forget it! I don't believe in them. If you are invited out with some friends to dinner or something once in awhile, imo go for it, but use good judgment on what you order. And as for drinking, keep it in moderation. Having a couple drinks on the weekend or that pasta you had at that fancy dinner date is enough cheating already, so there really is no need for a full blown cheat day.

And don't forget about the gym. At least 3 times a week, don't skip your cardio. Laziness, don't let it get to you. You may feel like crap when you get to the gym, but the feeling after a good workout is awesome. Hitting the gym after you've had a shitty day can be tough, but after the endorphins kick in, everything feels much better.

Good luck.

Neil4Speed
04-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Another update for you guys who are still using some of the tips from this thread.

Maybe not the kind of update that people were looking for but regardless. Today I weighed myself and came in at 151lbs. I feel like this is way too light given my height (5 10). I wouldn't say I have abandoned the diet - I am still trying to eat clean - but more of it. I let myself cheat more often, and have still been loosing. In the gym, I am pushing the same, or more weight.

Going to try to eat more on a regular basis, and hit my legs a bit harder, starting to look a bit chicken legs lately.

How is everyone else doing?

ekguy
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Well I've used a couple little things I read in here, but for the most part my job (hard physical labor), hitting the gym and biking have resulted in a nearly 30lb loss.

Now I'm hitting a point where I'm not losing the weight around the belly area haha.

Any pointers???

bigbadboss101
04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Biking is great isn't it? Neil, you do seem quite light for your height. But it all depends on the composition.

ekguy
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Sure is. Powering a full suspension freeride bike uphill sure ends up giving you a good workout haha.

Also what bigbadboss said is kinda true. I am the same height as you Neil and as per my personal trainer target weight for someone aroun 5'10''ish should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 170. I'm just reaching 200lbs which would seem heavy but I've built alot of muscle with work.

You doing anything to gain a bit of muscle weight???

max_boost
04-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Another update for you guys who are still using some of the tips from this thread.

Maybe not the kind of update that people were looking for but regardless. Today I weighed myself and came in at 151lbs. I feel like this is way too light given my height (5 10). I wouldn't say I have abandoned the diet - I am still trying to eat clean - but more of it. I let myself cheat more often, and have still been loosing. In the gym, I am pushing the same, or more weight.

Going to try to eat more on a regular basis, and hit my legs a bit harder, starting to look a bit chicken legs lately.

How is everyone else doing?

5'10 at 151lbs. Are you ripped yet? You have dropped over 30lbs. All this exercise and clean eating, you should be looking like Bruce lee now lol :eek:

I'm 5'5 at 155lbs lol

04-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Instead of making a new thread - ill just tag on to this one.

I came to the realization in february of this year that I had gotten fat.

5' 11" x 220lbs - Had a nice beer gut goin on.

I hit up kajiji and bought a weider home gym, and eliptical - everyone told me I wasted my money and no one ever ends up continuing to use those items past a week or so.

I started working out at 5am before work the first week of february. 20 minutes on the elip at a lvl 10 on a scale of 15 resistance. average about 350 cals ~ 1.8miles or so the elip tells me.

I then switch to 20 mins of strength training - chest / arms / legs / back.

For the month of february - other than starting to feel awsome during the day, I didnt notice any drastic reductions in weight or size - maybe 5 lbs - 10 lbs for the entire month.

The month of march is when I started noticing some serious changes - as of today - april 13th, I have lost 30 lbs and drastically increased my ability to run up a set of stairs and not be out of breath :)

So basically 8-10 weeks, I was able to shed 30 lbs.

I work out 5-7 days a week depending on what I ended up doing on the weekend before, all morning workouts 5-6am

I havent drastically changed my diet - but there were alterations.

Instead of eating out - I now make my lunches everyday, Sandwiches, soups, leftovers from night before etc.

I will take carrots, bananas, fruits, granola, yogurt, etc. instead of taking pop, chips, cookies, chocolate bars for lunch.

I have to occasional diet pop once or twice a week, whereas I used to drink a can or two a day of normal pop.

I still do drink coffee, but black or 1 cream / 1 sugar instead of dbl dbl's.

and I still do drink beer on the weekends.

Currently, at 5'11" x 190lbs - still some pudge around the middle, but i have dropped a pant size, feel way better about myself and now plan on just maintaining and building a bit more muscle.

Anyway - my weight loss story over 10 weeks.

ekguy
04-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Anyone have tips to lose the belly fat??? I've lost weight everywhere else but my belly is not going. It is shrinking a bit every week but as far as I can tell the fucker wants to stay haha.

Uncle Flappy
04-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Anyone have tips to lose the belly fat??? I've lost weight everywhere else but my belly is not going. It is shrinking a bit every week but as far as I can tell the fucker wants to stay haha.

Can't target fat loss. Your options are keep working out and dieting or get lipo.

ekguy
04-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Flappy

Can't target fat loss. Your options are keep working out and dieting or get lipo.

lipo would be a bit extreme to lose 10lbs of belly fat hehe. I guess I'll start eating better since I have barely improved my diet. I've cut out pop and cut back on eating fast food...thats it.

ekguy
04-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Crazy how much weight some people in this thread have lost though.

:thumbsup:

Keep it up everyone!!!!

:clap:

shadowz
04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Crazy how much weight some people in this thread have lost though.

Keep it up everyone!!!!

:clap:

As posted in the Rapid Fat Loss thread I lost fat everywhere but my midsection until the last 2 weeks. Very motivating, been training 6-7 days a week but diet has been huge

Darkane
04-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, good job all you guys.

Best clean eating advice was to stick to the outer portions of the grocery store. Skip the isles unless it's tuna, PB, Salsa :)

You guys should check out Superstore for their new Greek yogurt.

Buy the 500ml PC Greek yogurt plain. Not sure in Calgary, but here in McMurray it's 3.99$ for the 500ml.

It's plain, no fat. Nutritional Info:

24g protein per cup (half container), 16g carbs (only 3 are sugar). No fat.

Ingredients (the best part): Skim Milk, Bacterial cultures.

Thats it!

1/2-1cup per day, it'll do wonders for digestion and get some extra good quality protein in.

It does taste bland, obviously. add fresh or frozen berries.

This is what I do for Dessert sometimes:

1cup Greek yogurt
1cup mixed frozen berries
Splenda

Microwave the berries for 1:30. Stir in the yogurt and top with splenda.

ekguy
04-13-2011, 02:34 PM
I've been wondering about the whole yogurt thing. I've been wanting to make my own yogurt parfait things with granola and such.

Using frozen berries do you just let them thaw for a bit and add them in?

And also I'm assuming fresh berries are much better health wise??? Am I way out to left field here?

bigbadboss101
04-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Anyone doing Paleo diet beside Pino?

sdiep
04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Check out Costco if they have greek yogurt. I am not sure if they have it, but given that greek yogurt is now starting to become popular in Canada (in comparison to US), it might be possible.