PDA

View Full Version : Sportchek 25% Sale is back Oct 6-7 (Coupon inside!)

toyboy88
09-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Know last time people were wondering when the next sale would be, just got this in my e-mail this morning...

See link for coupon (25% regular price items at Sportchek on October 6-7):
http://www.spccard.ca/img/2010_11_ecast/sept_29/sport_chek_coupon.pdf

Cheers :)

JordanAndrew
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
thanks. Might come handy. :thumbsup:

stellerGT
09-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Awesome! thanks.

BigMass
10-03-2010, 01:43 PM
so do you need to have this SPC card? or can you just use the coupon by itself

Nels
10-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Darn, just bought shin gaurds and socks a few mins ago... Wondering if I should return them and buy them later in the week...

Kloubek
10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
^ They have a certain day price protection policy. Keep them until the dates are active and return them then.

If they claim they can't do it because this is a "special promotion", then just return them and re-buy.

Kloubek
10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Here's another coupon for you guys which is even better, because it can be used at more than just our Sport Chek banner.

25% off (original price) at:
Sport Chek
Hockey Experts
Atmosphere

Valid October 6th and 7th.

Nevermind the fact that it is coming from Sport Mart. That is the only live directory I have easy access to....

www.sportmart.ca/store/mailers/beyond/ffcoupon.pdf

BigMass
10-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Ok so this item is 190 regular price:

http://www.sportchek.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3989217

so therefore I should get %25 off. But in store they have it marked down from 220 to 190 on their “sticker” and only want to give me %10 off.

Can someone explain how that works? They can just add a higher price to their regular price and call the regular price a sale?

skyfx
10-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
Ok so this item is 190 regular price:

http://www.sportchek.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3989217

so therefore I should get %25 off. But in store they have it marked down from 220 to 190 on their “sticker” and only want to give me %10 off.

Can someone explain how that works? They can just add a higher price to their regular price and call the regular price a sale?

Yes they can, it's basic marketing and a lot of stores do that.

dirtsniffer
10-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Hahah. That sucks. Sportchek stuff is always on 'sale' even though that it is regular price. What a bunch of crap

Kloubek
10-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Actually guys, we are CLOSELY watched by the government. There are rules and laws governing whether something is on "sale" or not, and we *cannot* simply add to the regular price to claim something is on sale. There are very stiff penalties for us if we do.

It is true, lots (maybe MOST) of stores do this - and one day they might be fined for it. But rest assured, Sport Chek, Atmosphere, Sport Mart, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, Intersport, and every other banner under the Forzani Group will not do that. If something is on sale, it truly IS on sale. And, as per the coupon, it is only subject to a 10% discount.

BigMass
10-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Actually guys, we are CLOSELY watched by the government. There are rules and laws governing whether something is on "sale" or not, and we *cannot* simply add to the regular price to claim something is on sale. There are very stiff penalties for us if we do.

It is true, lots (maybe MOST) of stores do this - and one day they might be fined for it. But rest assured, Sport Chek, Atmosphere, Sport Mart, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, Intersport, and every other banner under the Forzani Group will not do that. If something is on sale, it truly IS on sale. And, as per the coupon, it is only subject to a 10% discount.

fair enough but why does that one particular item not show as "sale" on the website when everything else that's on sale does. The way i see it, it's just regular price.

bigboom
10-06-2010, 09:11 AM

agreed, sport chek seems pretty good. that racquet you are looking at was on sale for that price for the last month or so, i was looking at picking it up. so unless they dropped the price a month in advance for this coupon it seems pretty legit. i'm looking at picking up the babolat pure drive roddick and its the same situation with that racquet. was 219 and is marked down to 179 but can only get 10% off now.

AaronK
10-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks a lot, I might go buy some stuff this weekend!

BigMass
10-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bigboom

agreed, sport chek seems pretty good. that racquet you are looking at was on sale for that price for the last month or so, i was looking at picking it up. so unless they dropped the price a month in advance for this coupon it seems pretty legit. i'm looking at picking up the babolat pure drive roddick and its the same situation with that racquet. was 219 and is marked down to 179 but can only get 10% off now.

It can be legit, but it's the website that's messing me up.

Kloubek
It isn't showing up on the site because it is only showing those items included in the clearance event. That is not part of the clearance event - it is just marked down by itself.

I'll never claim that sale events aren't sometimes confusing... and sometimes government regulations actually ADD to the confusion due to the hoops we need to jump through to make things acceptable for them. But I DO promise that this company does things by the book. In fact, we have a whole audit department who's job it is to ensure everything follows government rules and guidelines. Back in the day we were caught for doing things NOT by the book (like most other stores out there), but were made an example of and lost millions as a result. Now, the company is exceptionally careful.

So I'm sorry you were confused (possibly understandable), but the item was indeed on sale, and why you were only offered the 10%. So did you end up buying it anyway?

Feruk
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Hahah. That sucks. Sportchek stuff is always on 'sale' even though that it is regular price. What a bunch of crap

Haha I remember working in the Sobeys bakery a few years back, they used to do that. They'd have "sale" prices covering up regular prices. Only problem was the sale prices would be more expensive!

BigMass
10-06-2010, 09:23 AM
So I'm sorry you were confused (possibly understandable), but the item was indeed on sale, and why you were only offered the 10%. So did you end up buying it anyway? [/B]

I will buy it today, %10 is still better than nothing but %25 would have been better hehe. It’s not the price that bothers me, it’s the confusion. If I see a sticker that says 210-190 in the store I expect the website to say $210 ON SALE for $190 to match. When I didn’t see that my confusion started. Also if I wasn’t unemployed I wouldn’t be making as much of a fuss over a few dollars here and there but I’m just overly vigilant at the moment.

Kloubek
10-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey - I hear you. I'm not as hard up for cash, and I'd still question it if it seemed iffy to me!

~Leah~
10-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by BigMass

I will buy it today, %10 is still better than nothing but %25 would have been better hehe. It’s not the price that bothers me, it’s the confusion. If I see a sticker that says 210-190 in the store I expect the website to say $210 ON SALE for $190 to match. When I didn’t see that my confusion started. Also if I wasn’t unemployed I wouldn’t be making as much of a fuss over a few dollars here and there but I’m just overly vigilant at the moment.

It's really confusing... but the company can't call an item's price a "sale" price if it is always on "sale". We are forced to do a "permanent markdown" which doesn't reflect that the item is on "sale" but the regular price still remains what it originally was. .... does that help at all? Lol... I know it's confusing for the general public but as Kloubek said, we are watched verrrryyy closely by the government. (I love how I say we as if I still work there... lol)

phreezee
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by AaronK
Thanks a lot, I might go buy some stuff this weekend!

The sale is over by the weekend. Today and tomorrow only!

stevieo
10-06-2010, 03:31 PM
damn I just bought a grit hockey bag from hockey experts on saturday, can i return it and use the coupon? hahaha

shakalaka
10-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I need to buy some free weights. Does sportchek carry these? Will I be able to use that 25% off coupon if I go there tomo? I don't have a SPC card.

syritis
10-07-2010, 04:43 AM
thank you toyboy. My new snowboarding boots are uber awesome and even more so for being 25% off.

taemo
10-07-2010, 10:51 AM
buying some running shoes this afternoon!

thanks for the link

Kloubek
10-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I need to buy some free weights. Does sportchek carry these? Will I be able to use that 25% off coupon if I go there tomo? I don't have a SPC card.

I believe so.

As far as the SPC goes - the link I posted has nothing to do with SPC, and is open to everyone.

alex68
05-24-2013, 05:14 AM
WTF!! This is not new to me, i always see Sportchek products on sale. How could they direct bargains with stuffs which are on sale all the time. I don't think this coupon is really beneficial.

C_Dave45
05-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by alex68
WTF!! This is not new to me, i always see Sportchek products on sale. How could they direct bargains with stuffs which are on sale all the time. I don't think this coupon is really beneficial.
It's not new to anyone...the thread is 2 1/2 years old.

It's always funny when someone finds a topic in a forum through a random Google search, then joins up to post about it, only to ignore the date it was originally posted.

:rolleyes:

jwslam
05-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

It's not new to anyone...the thread is 2 1/2 years old.

It's always funny when someone finds a topic in a forum through a random Google search, then joins up to post about it, only to ignore the date it was originally posted.

:rolleyes:
Lol check out the name of the website in his profile.