PDA

View Full Version : Road Bike Mechanic

dmtx
09-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm just wondering if you guys could refer a good road bike mechanic. I have frame and parts to build. If you guys can recommend a good one, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

taemo
09-29-2010, 11:21 AM
if you live in the NW
Eurotech Cycle
http://www.eurotechcycle.com/

Mitsu3000gt
09-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Give Alex a call at Pedalhead in Avinita. He does an awesome job with my bikes and knows the road stuff well too.

swak
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
X2 for Eurotech...

Roy (owner/Mechanic) IMO is the best in town. He's the only one who touches my bikes.

BTW, check out the 'Cycling' sub-forum!

superflychief
09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I've been working on bikes for some 14+ yrs. Never at a shop but trained at a shop. I work out of my garage in Cougar Ridge. I've built all of my own bikes. If you're interested, PM me to chat and I'll save you a lot of money over a shop.

codetrap
09-29-2010, 04:22 PM
You need to be a mechanic to work on a road bike? Really? I never thought they were really that complex.

redsrt4
09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by superflychief
I've been working on bikes for some 14+ yrs. Never at a shop but trained at a shop. I work out of my garage in Cougar Ridge. I've built all of my own bikes. If you're interested, PM me to chat and I'll save you a lot of money over a shop. do u have a big sign board on your deck??

Jason Lange
09-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Bike Bros. Graham is a great guy to deal with.

swak
09-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
You need to be a mechanic to work on a road bike? Really? I never thought they were really that complex.

They aren't complex... I do a lot of my own work, but if you want your bike tuned properly (race spec), you want to bring it to a mechanic.

Plus i get a spring tune up done every year, which includes my wheels getting trued, everything lubed and cleaned, so its worth it.

superflychief
09-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by redsrt4
do u have a big sign board on your deck??

ha ha ha nope, but I know which house you're refering too.

AndyL
09-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Is the old italian guy still in buisness - up on center street and ? 28th ave (north of the 7-11 before the hill to 32nd) - Guy was frickin phenomenal when I used to ride... Pricey, but well worth it. His shop rate was high even back over a decade ago - but he'd make up for it on speed. Was 100% the best wheel builder in western canada - if you could convince him to build one - did it all freehand too, and they were always perfection.

dmtx
09-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys for all the info. I appreciate it!

Cos
10-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by taemo
if you live in the NW
Eurotech Cycle
http://www.eurotechcycle.com/

+1 for these guys.

Or go and see Ed at Velosport on Center Street

Originally posted by AndyL
Is the old italian guy still in buisness - up on center street and ? 28th ave (north of the 7-11 before the hill to 32nd) - Guy was frickin phenomenal when I used to ride... Pricey, but well worth it. His shop rate was high even back over a decade ago - but he'd make up for it on speed. Was 100% the best wheel builder in western canada - if you could convince him to build one - did it all freehand too, and they were always perfection.

That sounds like ed but I dont think he is italian, just very tanned. I have been going there since I was about 5 years old. My dad and Ed rode and raced together a ton a long time ago. The white racks that all of Ed's bikes are on were welded by my grandfather.