PDA

View Full Version : LS2 Engine Head Pics

Gripenfelter
12-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Here it is.

The 6.0L 400hp (Under-rated) LS2 V8 that will power the next Corvette and Camaro.

Note the 3 valve design.

http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/35c6head2.jpg'

http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/35c6head1.jpg

hjr
12-29-2003, 03:05 PM
do those engines really need more push rods??? HAHA burn. I say, get with the times vette. If the make 400 hp from that lump, imagine an DOHC 5v per cyl. dealy with a little cam phasing would do. Ahhh, just thinking about it is cool. But that is a unique way to run another intake valve.

fast_cars
12-29-2003, 03:07 PM
arent the Camaro's discontinued??
or are they gonna start making them again???
:dunno:

Gripenfelter
12-29-2003, 03:31 PM
2007 the Camaro returns.

I've posted pics in this forum.

90_Shelby
03-27-2004, 11:01 AM
The LS2 in the Vettes are not 3 valve per cylinder as the pictures show.

QuasarCav
03-27-2004, 12:04 PM
pushrods:clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't need no stinkin' DOHC

rice_eater
03-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by hjr
Ahhh, just thinking about it is cool. But that is a unique way to run another intake valve.

you mean exhaust valve?

Gripenfelter
03-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
The LS2 in the Vettes are not 3 valve per cylinder as the pictures show.

This is the 2005 Vette not the current LS1/LS6 vettes. :)

Wildcat
03-27-2004, 08:41 PM
looks like thers plenty of room to squeeze a 4th valve :D :burnout:

BlackHawk
05-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by hjr
do those engines really need more push rods??? HAHA burn. I say, get with the times vette. If the make 400 hp from that lump, imagine an DOHC 5v per cyl. dealy with a little cam phasing would do. Ahhh, just thinking about it is cool. But that is a unique way to run another intake valve.

First off, I signed on this board becuase of you response. "Get with the times vette", did you know that they are pound for pound the most power and best sporst car for the price? Yes they are and if you knew anything about muscle cars, this new LS2(and LS1) have kicked off the hourse power times again. When cars come from the factory making over 300, that is awesome. More pushrod motors have more stats that a over head cam!

The picture is of the Z07, 500 hp. The LS2 is a 6.0 lt LS1 with a new head design. The Z07 is going to be the real monster. I don't know what you pick of flavor is, but GM is making motors that have produce great power and are holding up.

Research before you open you trap!

hjr
05-26-2004, 01:39 AM
haha, boob! that was 5 months ago? did you search google to find boards where people were badmouthing corvette's?

Anyways, you said i should do my research, yet all you reply'd with is some retoric about how great GM is. You stated nothing to disprove my statement about DOHC. Retoric is not an argument. The main reasons GM uses pushrod technology is because it is cheap for them, they have over 50 years of R&D in pushrods, and they system does work pretty well. That is what you should have said.

You may also be sad to hear that I love the C6, and think the engine is just fine.

BlackHawk
05-26-2004, 11:09 AM
LS1 engine is not cheap. You are trying to make over head cames out to be the best thing on the market. They are good! But we are talking about your quote, that push rods are the problem. Once again, on the track push rods rule the world. So you think more money is better. OHC are more expensive and prove nothing. DOHC with cubs takes a lot of space, not pratical and there is not performance. An LT1 made more power that the new previous cobras(with out the blower).

Your comment was about that picture and that motor will not be in the standard vette, so yes you need to do some research before you talk.

:drama:

Toms-Celica
05-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BlackHawk
LS1 engine is not cheap. You are trying to make over head cames out to be the best thing on the market. They are good! But we are talking about your quote, that push rods are the problem. Once again, on the track push rods rule the world. So you think more money is better. OHC are more expensive and prove nothing. DOHC with cubs takes a lot of space, not pratical and there is not performance. An LT1 made more power that the new previous cobras(with out the blower).

Your comment was about that picture and that motor will not be in the standard vette, so yes you need to do some research before you talk.

:drama:

You need to kick it down a notch or two. HJR is trying to learn.

BlackHawk
05-26-2004, 12:47 PM
I can comment if I like and I am was saying is that you need to make sure what you are saying is correct. You don't dog a setup. People choose what they want and how they want it, but to knock GM's LS1 is silly because they are truely a muscle machine. Just go to your local track or read the many forums. Little modifications and lost of power. Those are facts!!

I am not jumping on his flavor of powe, but poor choice of words on push rod motors.

I did call the :bullshit:

QuasarCav
05-26-2004, 12:51 PM
People choose what they want and how they want it

exactly, he chose what he wanted and that was how it was wanted.

If you read it you could get a compliment out of the statement. If GM can make that kind of power out of pushrods think of what they can do with a more effecient top-end.

Think of an LS3 DOHC monster making 550hp!

hjr
05-26-2004, 03:32 PM
im not saying there is anything wrong with the pushrod engines GM uses. I listed the reasons why they use it. I am not wrong. You say its expensive and frankly i believe thats wrong. The LS1 engine is significantly cheaper to produce than designing and building a whole new motor to run OHC or DOHC heads.

You keep arguing that pushrods engines are better for performance, which they are generally not. There are many reasons they are still used (check my last post for 3), but the biggest hp is not the reason. If peak NA power were the issue, then all one has to do is look at F1.

Take a look at this thread. (dont revive it though) and you will see that this has been discussed in depth before : http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=43303&highlight=pushrod

In terms of my first post in this thread, perhaps it came off harsh. I dont think there is anything wrong with pushrod engines, they have are well proven.

You say pushrod engines rule the track (assuming you mean strip) and thats fairly true, but not because they are better, rather, the limiting factor are the regulations in top fuel drags.

viper91180
05-26-2004, 04:48 PM
hmmm sounds like you think the corvette is the best thing on earth maybe you should take a look at this video in this thread for kicks

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44483&highlight=srt4

BlackHawk
05-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
People choose what they want and how they want it

exactly, he chose what he wanted and that was how it was wanted.

If you read it you could get a compliment out of the statement. If GM can make that kind of power out of pushrods think of what they can do with a more effecient top-end.

Think of an LS3 DOHC monster making 550hp!

And fit it into what?? Have you seen the small DOHC cobra? It looks like a big block. What are you going to fit you LS3 into. Yea that makes sense!

:zzz:

BlackHawk
05-27-2004, 12:02 AM
You said: The LS1 engine is significantly cheaper to produce than designing and building a whole new motor to run OHC or DOHC heads. This is true, but once again what kind of car are they going to put a ohc ls1 into. The heads would be huge. Not practical at all for a bigger cube motor. Why down size, they have proven that emmisions are good, power is how and good gas mileage.

Top fuel are limited, but they would not and will not use ohc.

BlackHawk
05-27-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by viper91180
hmmm sounds like you think the corvette is the best thing on earth maybe you should take a look at this video in this thread for kicks

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44483&highlight=srt4

Don't put words into my mouth! I never said that, what I did say is that YES viper man, they are the pound for pound price for the bang car. That is a fact.

As far as that video, the guy in the vette should be slapped for wasting his time.

hjr
05-27-2004, 09:47 AM
well you just want to fight, i have been more than reasonable, so this is now done. i shant reply again.

Gripenfelter
05-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Well since we're this far off topic from the original post...

BYE BYE!!