PDA

View Full Version : Punching Gloves

Ronjacinto83
10-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I need to know what are some good punching bag gloves I can buy that are not to expensive.

I am looking into working on a punching bag as a cardio workout.

I normally do cardio right after I lift weights. The days I workout my legs I cant hit the treadmill nor the bike so I figure working out on a punching bag will do the trick for me.

Suggestions?

Thanks

maxomilll
10-01-2010, 02:06 PM
go to canadian tire, they have an array of gloves.. Cheap and good just to protect your hands.

bubbley
10-01-2010, 02:07 PM
also, you will probably be using your legs while punching? I imagine jumping around of some sort..

Ronjacinto83
10-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Whats the difference between the big red ones (sometimes black) and the small black ones?

Ronjacinto83
10-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
also, you will probably be using your legs while punching? I imagine jumping around of some sort..

Im sure the power comes from the legs but working the punching bags looks alot funner (if thats a word) then running a threadmill. haha

ixlr8
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Canadian Company, fast shipping from Montreal, great quality products.

This is their selection of specific bag gloves...

http://www.rivalboxing.com/en/boxing-equipment/c378109105/c378109081/index.html

The differences are quality of construction, design details, and weight (amount of padding) in ounces.

If you just want to punch the bag once or twice a week you don't need to pay for the higher quality gloves. Get less padding if you also desire some knuckle conditioning.

1-Bar
10-01-2010, 03:09 PM
don't forget hand wraps if you wanna save your bones in your hand.....get a cheap pair of bag gloves and if you desire to get more into it, then hit up a better brand/better quality glove.

I use Twins Boxing myself, or Windy....I was going to get a pair of rival boxing ones though, they look good.

bubbley
10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Ronjacinto83

Im sure the power comes from the legs but working the punching bags looks alot funner (if thats a word) then running a threadmill. haha

True, skipping would be the ultimate cardio..have to learn that shit.

nj2Type-S
10-01-2010, 03:44 PM
i have 3 pairs of twins gloves (2 x 16 oz, 1 x 8 oz) and i love them! really comfortable and offers excellent protection.

i've got a used pair of 16oz boes gloves that i haven't used in about 4 yrs now if you're interested. then again, i wouldn't buy a used pair of gloves, myself. lol!

i don't have experience with any other brands but i would presume you wouldn't want to risk injuring your hands by buying 'cheapo' gloves.

have fun!

turbotrip
10-01-2010, 07:29 PM
the cheap everlast ones cost $20 at walmart/canadian tire, and they are the most widely used ones by beginners and are likely the "big red ones" you are talking about. You cant go wrong with them if you are just starting out.

and as mentioned before, get some everlast wraps from there too and learn how to do wrap your hands properly

Rat Fink
10-03-2010, 12:50 AM

J-hop
10-17-2010, 01:42 PM