PDA

View Full Version : Where to get bully dog programmers?

ddduke
10-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Anyone know where to get Bully Dog Programmers? I went to the performance place a few doors down from speedtech and thats pretty much the only place I can find that has them in stock.

I would buy from there but I need 5 so I'd like to find a competing store and get someone to price match + 5% or 10%

I called all the major truck shops in Calgary; Stripetech, Big Dog, etc. and noone really carries Bully Dog.

For the people that are going to tell me to go a different route, please save your time, I need to go with Bully Dog because the specific programmer I want is universal to all american gas and diesels, so I'm not stuck with a one trick pony.

SKR
10-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Try North American Diesel Performance in Edmonton.

http://www.nadp.ca/

I've bought a transmission from them. They're pretty good and know their stuff when it comes to diesels.

Also, try Diesel Performance in Calgary.

http://www.dieselperformance.ca/

I've also bought stuff from them. But if I had to pick one over the other I'd go with NADP.

Edit: I just remembered CT Performance in Rimbey. I've never dealt with them.

http://www.ctperformancediesel.com/

Being that 2 of the 3 are out of town this probably doesn't help much, but there it is.

custom91yota
10-01-2010, 05:31 PM
try unlimited performace and exhaust

dsr7723
10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
DPS in the Foothills, Armor Inc. in Red Deer, CT knows what's up for sure, also Fuel Automotive 11km west of Strathmore on Highway 1. Or order it online. Stay away from NADP or Unlimited.

And sorry dude but IMO and experiences bully dogs are nothing but trouble. Good luck.

dj_rice
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Raven Truck Accessories

Custom Truck Parts Inc

Mopac

All in Calgary

ddduke
10-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by dsr7723
And sorry dude but IMO and experiences bully dogs are nothing but trouble. Good luck.

Why do you say that they're nothing but trouble?

dsr7723
10-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Your sig says you have a Chevy, don't know if it's gas or diesel so I don't know how that would work out for you. Dodge CR's and BD is bad news tho. Timing issues with the infamous 3rd injection event means many melted pistons.

But one common ground is, gauges are a MUST when running programmers in any vehicle, gas or diesel. Boost, EGT, and Tranny temp. at the very least. If you upgrade your fueling/injection, then get the appropriate gauges as well.

ddduke
10-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by dsr7723
Your sig says you have a Chevy, don't know if it's gas or diesel so I don't know how that would work out for you. Dodge CR's and BD is bad news tho. Timing issues with the infamous 3rd injection event means many melted pistons.

But one common ground is, gauges are a MUST when running programmers in any vehicle, gas or diesel. Boost, EGT, and Tranny temp. at the very least. If you upgrade your fueling/injection, then get the appropriate gauges as well.

The Chev is a gas, and I'll be getting 4 for gas and 1 for diesel. The cool thing about this system is that it comes with a screen (looks like a small gps) thats equiped with all guages. That's one of the reasons that I'm leaning towards this, it's also universal to gas/diesel trucks.

SKR
10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Are you sure you don't want this?

Diablosport Trinity (http://diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=151)

I really like that display.

Edit: It's not universal though.

custom91yota
10-15-2010, 02:24 PM
i have an edge evolution in my F-150 and its comes with a display that has 4 gauges that can be displayed and its sick ive had it for a year and no problems just tons of fun and the new cts from edge are even nicer i would look into one of those if i were you

ddduke
11-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by custom91yota
i have an edge evolution in my F-150 and its comes with a display that has 4 gauges that can be displayed and its sick ive had it for a year and no problems just tons of fun and the new cts from edge are even nicer i would look into one of those if i were you

Yeah, there's definitely other systems that I'd rather go with but the thing is we change/retire/add trucks every few months, so the whole universal aspect is what really sells me.