PDA

View Full Version : Win a years supply of Shell V Power Premium Fuel!

Wrinkly
10-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Canadian Contest on facebook:

"For a chance to win the Grand Prize of Shell V Power Premium fuel for a year, simply submit a photo of yourself showing the "Power of the V" sign alongside your favourite ride!"

http://www.facebook.com/fuelmypassion

MGCM
10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
i've got some sweet ideas for this one

Drifting-Some type of drifting on a closed course with one hand out the window doin the V-power sign.

RallyCross(Gravel/Snow)-Sliding thru a transition with one hand out the window doin the V-power sign, perhaps hitting a cone in the process too :thumbsup:

.........same could apply to a drag racer but doing a burnout at the line

M.alex
10-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by MGCM
i've got some sweet ideas for this one

Drifting-Some type of drifting on a closed course with one hand out the window doin the V-power sign.

RallyCross(Gravel/Snow)-Sliding thru a transition with one hand out the window doin the V-power sign, perhaps hitting a cone in the process too :thumbsup:

.........same could apply to a drag racer but doing a burnout at the line

Photographs may not be produced by professional photographers

Something tells me they'd disqualify those from the above - sounds like they want amateur mom&pop type stuff when you read the rules

BigBadVlad
10-03-2010, 10:07 AM
wow so far there's like maybe 4 entries that I would believe are people that actually buy V-Power for their cars. A corolla, a minivan, come on, most people likely to say glad I only have to fill up on regular and not pay for premium like that fool....

MGCM
10-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

Photographs may not be produced by professional photographers

Something tells me they'd disqualify those from the above - sounds like they want amateur mom&pop type stuff when you read the rules

What defines "professional photographer"? They need to have better guidelines than that. I'll do the whole thing with a camera phone and if they refuse it and say that was "professional photography" I'll take them to court for false advertising. If they've had 1 photo published does that make them a professional? So I'll find a photographer that has never had a photo published but is on the edge of signing a contract with a local paper..........honestly, "no professional photography" leaves ALOT of room for interpretation. I think they would appreciate an amateur motorsports in action picture. Since the driver and the photographer are amateurs how can they refuse the entry?

M.alex
10-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MGCM

What defines "professional photographer"? They need to have better guidelines than that. I'll do the whole thing with a camera phone and if they refuse it and say that was "professional photography" I'll take them to court for false advertising. If they've had 1 photo published does that make them a professional? So I'll find a photographer that has never had a photo published but is on the edge of signing a contract with a local paper..........honestly, "no professional photography" leaves ALOT of room for interpretation. I think they would appreciate an amateur motorsports in action picture. Since the driver and the photographer are amateurs how can they refuse the entry?

Nobody's stopping you from trying :D

I'm just offering my interpretation of what they're looking for based on their rules - it's just like a job interview ... no matter how totally awesome you/your ideas are, you play it to what they're looking for :dunno: