PDA

View Full Version : compustar 2WFMR

kel789
10-02-2010, 10:17 PM
i appreciate if someone can help. i lost my primary lcd remote so now i am using a backup 1-way remote for a few months now. suddenly, the system is going into auto arm after maybe 15 seconds. according to the manual, it's the button (I) to auto arm/disarm holding it for 2 seconds. it doesn't seem to work. i have tried the reset/reprogram from the ignition key 5 turning back and forward method and that failed work. is there another method of disabling the auto arm? thanks.

from my searches i found Strugari to have lots of experience with compustar products. i hope you, Strugari, can answer some questions. thanks.

TE4MFaint
10-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Sounds like you are in passive mode.
Look on the back of your remote and press the two buttons down at the same time very quickly. Dont hold it down for more than a quick press. I believe its unlock and trunk if i can recall correctly.

kel789
10-03-2010, 12:33 PM
thank you for helping.

according to the manual, the auto arm mode/function takes priority over the passive mode. even after reading the manual, i have repeatedly tried turning on and off the passive mode. the confirmation was 1 chip i think is to turn on and 2 chirps i think is to turn off. passive mode didn't do anything for me.