PDA

View Full Version : LF: kit car

maestro
10-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Wanting to look into a kit car for a doon buggy, convertible hot rod, or a kit for those similar types that someone bought that they no longer want or can no longer work on or a del sol project that someone is trying to get rid of or can't do anymore.

Also wanting to find out what web-sites anyone can suggest to me to look into this kind of project.

You can e-mail me back at [email protected] for leads and/or web-sites suggestions

M.alex
10-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Budget range? I got something for 200k you can have :devil:

Guillermo
10-03-2010, 04:00 PM
doon buggy :dunno:

banned3x
10-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Budget range? I got something for 200k you can have :devil:

What are you building? I call bs or post pics to prove it

sr20s14zenki
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by banned3x

Hes building some sort of full aluminum frame lemans car, i would believe it, i know people that have been to see it.

msommers
10-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Full aluminum? Damn, must be a fucking awesome welder.

Graham_A_M
10-03-2010, 06:14 PM
http://www.factoryfive.com/

I'd LOVE to buy that GTM..... I will... but a house is first for me LOL.

Kona9
10-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Try and find a "K1 Attack" within Canada. That is the ONLY kit I would buy and build as it is not a copy of anything.

It uses mostly a 90-93 Accord as a donor. We all know what H22's are capable of, and it is a slick looking car you won't see another one of anytime soon.

This car originated as a kit in Slovania. It is still available in Slovania last I read, but is offered as a turn key car with a Ford V6.

To this day, if I had justifiable cash for one, I would be on it in a second!! It's a beautiful exotic(ish) car that can be damn fast as well as a constant head turner.

M.alex
10-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
http://www.factoryfive.com/

I'd LOVE to buy that GTM..... I will... but a house is first for me LOL.

Realistically a GTM is going to run you (assuming you build it yourself, minus bodywork and paint ... bodywork is an absolute killer on these ... absolutely horrible bodies) 80-100k for a decent build (by decent I don't mean top of the line, but it isn't a clap trap either). For example, a nicely worked over LS3 and a G50X, but certainly no 502 RHS LS block and built Ricardo transaxle.

Up here I'd wager closer to the 100 mark as it's far more expensive (factoring in shipping, brokerage, rapage on parts, etc..) to build up here in Canada than in the US .... just like how in the US a decent cobra can be built for 35-40k (a lot of time it's actually cheaper to buy one from a distressed sale than build one, lol) but up here you're looking closer to 60k (for a decent build again; decent being defined as no donor parts and something a bit more exciting than a stock 302)

Originally posted by banned3x

Not posting pics for fear of pissing off the wrong mod again :rofl:

M.alex
10-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Try and find a "K1 Attack" within Canada. That is the ONLY kit I would buy and build as it is not a copy of anything.

It uses mostly a 90-93 Accord as a donor. We all know what H22's are capable of, and it is a slick looking car you won't see another one of anytime soon.

This car originated as a kit in Slovania. It is still available in Slovania last I read, but is offered as a turn key car with a Ford V6.

To this day, if I had justifiable cash for one, I would be on it in a second!! It's a beautiful exotic(ish) car that can be damn fast as well as a constant head turner.

It's always reminded me of a newer MR2 with a body kit

http://www.digi-help.com/auto/images/k1-attack-photo.jpg

Definitely doesn't look bad though.

Graham_A_M
10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Most people say the GTM is around $80k finished, and finished quite well. About $50-80k USD Depending on the options you choose.

I'd also look into the Ultima GTR, or the GTR Can-am (the roadster version)

M.alex
10-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Most people say the GTM is around $80k finished, and finished quite well. About $50-80k USD Depending on the options you choose.

I'd also look into the Ultima GTR, or the GTR Can-am (the roadster version)

There's no way a GTM is finishing any less than 65 as a base for most - a lot of people decide to forget they had a spare Z06 laying around for donor parts on ffcobra, lol, and don't count it into the cost for some reason.

Only FFR believes it can be built for 50-60 (in their advertising)

I'd say realistically 75-80k for a decent car (I'm not saying it will be a pile, but it won't be top tier) BUT up here expect around 100 for the same thing.

Give you another example - in the US people will do complete cobra bodywork and paint for 8k and do a 10/10 job. Up here a 10/10 job will cost you closer to 16k, and very few shops will take it locally (know how to do it properly)