PDA

View Full Version : rsx type s vs srv prelude

2.2vtec
12-29-2003, 03:30 PM
does anyone know the stock quarter mile times for these to cars with equal drivers?? Anyone have personal experiece from these two cars and care to share the pro's and cons?

Thanks

max_boost
12-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Bench racer!!! haha

Anyway, everything equal, RSX owns the Prelude in the straight!! I just confirmed this myself a few days ago, I let the Prelude get the jump too cause he wanted to cut me off, but he lost in shame:rofl: :thumbsup:

1/4mile should be in the low to mid 15's with the edge to the RSX of course:D

syeve
12-29-2003, 03:54 PM
ya, according to road tests and personal experience the RSX pulls pretty much every gear on an SR-V.

kevie88
12-29-2003, 04:19 PM
hmm, maybe I was matched up against some bad drivers, but I was always able to pull on RSXS' .. mind you , my car was a swapped S model that had almost no options (not even A/C), 2800lbs.

cujo_cjc
12-29-2003, 04:31 PM
I have driven both
I was going to get an SRV back in April, but insurance was just too much and I didn't have the $$$$ to pay for both. When I drove it I thought it was a pretty good car. It seemed pretty quick :thumbsup:

And then I test drove a type s in august and i really enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit quicker and I also like the look of the interior better ;)

So ya, I prefer the type s over the srv, even tho they're both good cars. I just hope with that new insurance thing coming soon that I'll be able to get a type s

syeve
12-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
hmm, maybe I was matched up against some bad drivers, but I was always able to pull on RSXS' .. mind you , my car was a swapped S model that had almost no options (not even A/C), 2800lbs.

DRIVER is a big part of it...I've seen a stock type-s at race city do 15.4 and another driver couldnt even break 17 seconds in another stock type-s.