PDA

View Full Version : Help with towing question

civic_EK
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Just wondering if people here can help me out since city towing is closed...my car got hit n run Saturday morning. police told me i can leave the car in front of my house on the street until I talked to my insurance company, which is closed on weekends.. Got a call from sister and said my car is gone..pretty sure it's my neighbor since everything they see dirty or anything broken they complain..so they probably called city towing and had it towed..so my question is do they have the right to do that? My cars registered with non-expired sticker on my plate..

edit* tittle

revelations
10-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Was your vehicle driveable?

civic_EK
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
No its not.

[Yu]
10-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Ionno, seems like you are SOL. Unless you can get written documentation that the police officer told you to leave it there. With that, you might be able to do something, but I still highly doubt it.

revelations
10-03-2010, 11:50 PM
That sounds a little unusual in that the city can haul away a wrecked vehicle in 24 hours like that...without even giving you a ticket first :dunno: (check the city bylaws perhaps)

civic_EK
10-04-2010, 11:30 PM
thanks for the help..i got it all sorted out..called calgary parking authority and ask why they towed my vehicle. turns out someone called about wrecked vehicle on the street so they picked it up..now impound wants me to pay for the storing and towing fee..called calgary parking authority again complaining they should not have towed my vehicle with valid license plate and sticker along with police damage sticker..but itss all good now, theyre paying for all the fees to the impound and towing my car back to where they took it..:thumbsup:

civic_EK
10-04-2010, 11:34 PM
but im still sol for the hit n run part until or if they find the fag :guns:

94boosted
10-05-2010, 04:06 PM
What part of town? Did he leave any paint transfer? Maybe the beyond CSI guys can help you out if you provie more info.

civic_EK
10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
happened harvest hills dr..near the golf course there..no paint transfers but i got a tan colored toyota grill and a piece of what i believe is a bumper..hope that helps..hate seeing my civic in that condition...

theken
10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
with all due respect, they can tow a damaged car off the street if it is not driveable, i worked for city WIDE towing, which does all the towing for the city, and damaged vehicles can be removed if not driveable. I would say you are lucky that they are bringing it back to you, and you are not paying the fees, but that is good, cause I fucking hate the parking pricks and city wide fucks

Claims Manager
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Poor poor Ken, you are proof a little information in the hands of imbelciles is dangerous. Again you are 100% wrong, try getting a few facts before spouting off in the drunken rage. Remember wine coolers and emails do not mix..... you really need to turn the page, you didn't work here long enough to even have an opinion on towing.

civic_EK, I am sure you found out that if you gave the CPA your case number and the date and time you reported it, they would refund the tow etc. The CPA are not on the same computer system as the police and they would have only responded to a derelict vehicle complaint, the defintion of derelict inculdes inoperable due to accident. I am glad you got it all squared away with the CPA, and I am a firm believer in Karma, hopefully the SOB coward who hit and run your car, has it happen to him when its the most inconvenient time possible.

Best of luck

civic_EK
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Claims Manager
Poor poor Ken, you are proof a little information in the hands of imbelciles is dangerous. Again you are 100% wrong, try getting a few facts before spouting off in the drunken rage. Remember wine coolers and emails do not mix..... you really need to turn the page, you didn't work here long enough to even have an opinion on towing.

civic_EK, I am sure you found out that if you gave the CPA your case number and the date and time you reported it, they would refund the tow etc. The CPA are not on the same computer system as the police and they would have only responded to a derelict vehicle complaint, the defintion of derelict inculdes inoperable due to accident. I am glad you got it all squared away with the CPA, and I am a firm believer in Karma, hopefully the SOB coward who hit and run your car, has it happen to him when its the most inconvenient time possible.

Best of luck

yeah thats what CPA told me..but yeah if anyone comes across a beige/tan toyota (just not sure if its a passenger,van or truck) with a front end damage and a missing grill. just give me pm