PDA

View Full Version : FS: BNIB Acer Aspire easyStore Home Server, 4 hot swap SATA bays

hexd3mon
10-04-2010, 11:57 AM
http://img.ncix.com/images/37196_l.jpg
I have a brand new Acer Aspire easyStore H340 for sale. One of the best home servers you can purchase.

Runs on Windows Home Server, providing media servers (DLNA and iTunes), highly efficient incremental backups for all computers in your home network, can download your files for you when your computer is off (ie. bittorrent, emule, gnutella, etc) and run any background Windows apps you need (ie. PeerBlock, Folding@home, SETI).

Comes with USB ports so you can share printers, portable hard drives, etc on your network through this server. You can also use it as a VOIP server by plugging in a internet phone device (ie. MagicJack) through the USB and into your phone line.

This system have a low power consumption because it is using an Intel Atom processor instead of desktop processor. It is plenty fast to serve 720P videos to all the computers on my network and back them up in the evening.

I have had my hard drives die on me and lost a bunch of precious memories (photos, videos) because I didn't have a centralized backup server. Now I have one copy of pictures on my computer and one copy on each of the two hard drives on my own H340.

The 4 drive bays allows you to upgrade and replace bad hard drives in your server safely and easily. I have also used the server to selectively backup my data when my computer stopped booting up by using one of the available drive bays.

This system comes with a 1TB WD Green Hard drive installed pre-loaded with WHS.

Here are the specs:
Processor: Intel Atom Processor 230
Chipset: Intel 945GC Express Chipset + ICH7R
Disk Drives: Up to 4 3.5" hot-swappable SATA HDDs
RAM: 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz unbuffered SDRAM
Front I/O: 1 USB2.0 Port
Rear I/O: 1 RJ-45 LAN port, 4 USB2.0 Ports, 1 e-SATA port, 1 recovery/reset pinhole
Networking: Gigabit Ethernet
Dimentions: 200 x 180 x 212 mm (W x L x H)
Weight: 4.5 kg (without HDD)
5.1 kg (with 1 HDD)
Power Supply: 200 W, 100-240V AC
System OS: Microsoft Windows Home Server

I still have the original receipt from Staples.

This system is sells for $400 online BEFORE enviro fees and taxes. I am selling this system for $350 OBO.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2102/img0254v.jpg

hexd3mon
10-12-2010, 04:28 AM
:thumbsup:

hexd3mon
10-29-2010, 09:49 AM
bump!