PDA

View Full Version : Best Shops in Calgary who give a dam about your car?

QR25DE-SER
10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
If anyone has a list they want to make on any repair shops that actually give a dam about your car that would be just peachy.

Myself no troubles as of yet with FishCreek Nissan.
They have serviced 2 of the Nissan's I've had no problems as of yet.
And they put the bags on your tires if you switching from winter to summer tires :)

Anyone else have good repair shops to recommend?

D'z Nutz
10-04-2010, 12:13 PM
If you own a BMW, Sheni's hands down. Baleeedat.

bituerbo
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
VW or Audi, go see George at TuneDUB.
Guy cares way too much about other peoples cars haha.

edit: a brief story... so I bring my car to him after another 'tech' couldn't figure out an oil leak after installing my K04 turbos. Other guy had my engine out of the car and the turbos off TWICE and couldn't diagnose the oil leak. George points a flashlight up with the car on the hoist. "see that washer? It isn't crushed." Knows VW/Audi better than anyone in Alberta.

swak
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Ahaha. Yea +1 for TuneDub..

Cracked the lip on a buddies bumper getting the car on the hoist (since it was crazy low) and paid for a replacement lip plus some discount on the service..
Best shop in town got VAGroup hands down.

Chester
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
If you own a BMW, Sheni's hands down. Baleeedat.

:werd: Took my car to sheni at least 10 times, was awesome each time.

Cos
10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/317223/big-thumbs-up-for-kingsboro-auto-service-old-option-import-bay/

ddduke
10-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by QR25DE-SER
Myself no troubles as of yet with FishCreek Nissan.
They have serviced 2 of the Nissan's I've had no problems as of yet.
And they put the bags on your tires if you switching from winter to summer tires :)

You're lucky, Fish creek nissan is the worst dealership that I've ever dealt with. Wait till you have a major repair, they kept my car for 3 months and overcharged me by 3 thousand and ignored months and months of calls.

Personally, I goto Minit Automotive on heritage and macloed, the guys there are great to deal with and from what I've seen don't try to rip you off. twice they've fixed cars for me for free because they were 10 second fixes.

JZS_147
10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
RCTS, always top notch work

Phenix
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

You're lucky, Fish creek nissan is the worst dealership that I've ever dealt with. Wait till you have a major repair, they kept my car for 3 months and overcharged me by 3 thousand and ignored months and months of calls.

Personally, I goto Minit Automotive on heritage and macloed, the guys there are great to deal with and from what I've seen don't try to rip you off. twice they've fixed cars for me for free because they were 10 second fixes.

A guy I used to go to high school there is one of the lead tech's or something there. who did you deal with there?

Phenix
10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
For Hyundai, I would stay away from Both precision hyundai and Gallery. had too much work done at both and what a waste of time.

Gonna try Crowfoot hyundai. hopefully they are better

jdmSiR
10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Varisty Shell on shaganappi trail (by market mall) FOR SURE!

Bipin is an excellent mechanic, hes hard of hearing however is probably the most honest mechanic and provides an excellent service.

Axe
10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Monza Automotive on Edmonton trail - Have been going there for 8 years and owner Vince has always been great on service and what does or does not need to be done.

msommers
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I had a thread awhile ago where a lot of people gave reviews/feedback on shops in town. Can't seem to find it now..

ericchoweg
10-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147
RCTS, always top notch work

dont you work there wouldnt that mean your just plugging your own shop

AaronK
10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
For Mitsu I definitely recommend Platinum! Great service and great employees.

ExtraSlow
10-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Anyone got a favorite Mazda Dealership? Car is still under warranty, and North hill has been a bitch to deal with.

94boosted
10-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Anyone know a good GM (Chevy) dealership, Southgate have been awfull.

Mibz
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Anyone got a favorite Mazda Dealership? Car is still under warranty, and North hill has been a bitch to deal with. Sunridge is the only one who ever gave me half-decent service. Kramer is fucking garbage.

QR25DE-SER
10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Anyone know a good GM (Chevy) dealership, Southgate have been awfull.

I agree Southgate isnt very good.. $581.00 For an oil change & a new alternator for a monte carlo car 1995 thats expensive. And this was just last month for my mother.

Also had a friend who was hired as a lot attendant & they jerked him around about the job. Said he had it come in Monday. Monday he shows up they don't have a friggin clue. I lost my respect for them. So I need an alternative Chev dealer or at least a good shop to take her car in for some work as it may be in need of struts soon. And can't afford to pay an arm & a leg for it.

Any suggestions that take older Chev cars & do good work would be a good.

Phenix : I'm unsure as its different everytime I go in there.
I deal with that woman Monia currently.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Suggestions for Dyno tuning anyone? Ive emailed the dynomotive email and pmed Toma but nobody has replied yet and I just want to get my car tuned and done, or at least make an appointment.

MGCM
10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Bring any/all GM vehicles(Including Saturns and even Caddy's) to GSL Chev. I'm working there right now in Service and everything has been really good for me so far. We even have a cafeteria upstairs with a lady who cooks breakfasts/lunches everyday for both staff and customers, she is an amazing cook!!! The shop manager is a good guy and so is the assistant manager, they are very fair and won't screw you around if you have a legitimate issue that wasn't resolved by the service advisor. Both Managers have previously worked in the shop as mechanics and have been in the business for a long time.

veedubin69
10-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Suggestions for Dyno tuning anyone? Ive emailed the dynomotive email and pmed Toma but nobody has replied yet and I just want to get my car tuned and done, or at least make an appointment.

What type of tuning do you need? What type on engine managnment do you have?

Calgary Autoworks has a dyno and certified tuners from EFI University. We are booking for 2 weeks out on dyno tuning, give our shop a call.

ddduke
10-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Phenix

A guy I used to go to high school there is one of the lead tech's or something there. who did you deal with there?

I'm not quite sure of his name, he's the manager there and drives a black chev 1500. great guy though.

Phenix
10-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MGCM
Bring any/all GM vehicles(Including Saturns and even Caddy's) to GSL Chev. I'm working there right now in Service and everything has been really good for me so far. We even have a cafeteria upstairs with a lady who cooks breakfasts/lunches everyday for both staff and customers, she is an amazing cook!!! The shop manager is a good guy and so is the assistant manager, they are very fair and won't screw you around if you have a legitimate issue that wasn't resolved by the service advisor. Both Managers have previously worked in the shop as mechanics and have been in the business for a long time.

oh so you'll take good care of customer cars? just like you did with your old elantra?

94boosted
10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Tecmotion (I think that's how you spell it) was great I called the one day and I think the very next day I was on the dyno, resonable rates and a very nice guy (owner of the shop) only drawbacks are that it's a Mustang Dyno so it reads stingy and he can only do 2WD.

MGCM
10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Phenix

oh so you'll take good care of customer cars? just like you did with your old elantra?

What does a car I owned over 3 years ago have to do with GSL and my job there? If you have a personal problem with me don't bring it onto the forums.