PDA

View Full Version : Who in Calgary sells Tokico suspension?

YamahaV8
10-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Title states it all. What shops in Calgary deal with Tokico suspension products?

Thanks

JZS_147
10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
why are you specifically looking for tokico? can something from Koni or KYB work?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
I got mine from Bowness Auto.

YamahaV8
10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147
why are you specifically looking for tokico? can something from Koni or KYB work?

Koni is overpriced and it is just a cartridge and not the whole strut. KYB would be good but only offers a gr2 for my car which is just a stock replacement. Tokico has a performance strut and spring combo that it affordable and gives me a 1" drop which is what I want for my DD. Plus it comes with the same lifetime warranty that all the other strut makers carry.

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
I got mine from Bowness Auto.

Never heard of them. Trustworthy shop?

MGCM
10-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Have you called Vex Performance in Red Deer? They are moving to Calgary sometime before the end of the year and they should be able to find you any part you need at a reasonable price. Are you installing them yourself? Where are you getting your alignment after? Vex could do the install for you at a really good rate but I recommend Country Hills Toyota for the alignment as they have one of the best alignment techs in Calgary.

Grab the phone number off the website and give Ryan a call at the shop, he should be able to help you acquire a set of what your looking for.
http://www.vexperformance.com/

YamahaV8
10-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by MGCM
Have you called Vex Performance in Red Deer? They are moving to Calgary sometime before the end of the year and they should be able to find you any part you need at a reasonable price. Are you installing them yourself? Where are you getting your alignment after? Vex could do the install for you at a really good rate but I recommend Country Hills Toyota for the alignment as they have one of the best alignment techs in Calgary.

If the cost is right I was just going to get them installed by the shop since my car has the habit of popping the axle out anytime the suspension is removed. Can I ask why county hills Toyota has such a good alignment tech compared to other techs?

MGCM
10-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by YamahaV8

If the cost is right I was just going to get them installed by the shop since my car has the habit of popping the axle out anytime the suspension is removed. Can I ask why county hills Toyota has such a good alignment tech compared to other techs?

One of the alignment techs there(Jason) competes in auto-x and I do believe Solo 1 lapping events as well. He has LOTS of experience playing with suspensions until it's JUST RIGHT for the various competitions he has participated in. I have heard nothing but good things from anyone who has gotten a custom alignment from him.

I'm not sure if Vex has alignment equipment or not, if they do I'm sure they could get you a really good alignment setup too.

revelations
10-04-2010, 10:26 PM

Bought 4 Tokicos for my EPtree recently... with some Tein lowering springs (1" drop).

I've dealt with the axle pop out thing before, its annoying but by no means something a home tech cant deal with.

YamahaV8
10-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by revelations

Bought 4 Tokicos for my EPtree recently... with some Tein lowering springs (1" drop).

I've dealt with the axle pop out thing before, its annoying but by no means something a home tech cant deal with.

I will keep it mind. I guess if I were to support the hub assembly when the strut was removed this would solve the problem. My largest obstacle is no garage, pad or alley I can do this type of work. But aside from that, I want pics of your 1" drop because the Tokico springs will also give me exactly a 1" drop. How is the ride? What model of struts did you go with from Tokico?

revelations
10-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I havent installed the setup yet, still sourcing out the other parts needed for the install as I am going from a 4" drop to a 1" drop.

Cant recall which shocks they are exactly, they are in storage right now.... but they are all blue.

Should be lots of pics on ephatch.com though.

YamahaV8
10-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I havent installed the setup yet, still sourcing out the other parts needed for the install as I am going from a 4" drop to a 1" drop.

Cant recall which shocks they are exactly, they are in storage right now.... but they are all blue.

Should be lots of pics on ephatch.com though.

If they are blue then you got the HP's. That is exactly what I am looking at. Tokico has the blue shocks with their own 1" drop performance springs as a kit. How was that 4" drop treating you? I would love to see pics of that. I would assume coil overs to get that drop?

revelations
10-05-2010, 10:58 AM

If they are blue then you got the HP's. That is exactly what I am looking at. Tokico has the blue shocks with their own 1" drop performance springs as a kit. How was that 4" drop treating you? I would love to see pics of that. I would assume coil overs to get that drop?

I'm going back up because the drop is far too low for Calgary (and my kidneys)....though it has survived 2 winters with me. I bought the car this way.

I may be exaggerating a bit, it might only be a 3.5" or something as I have no comparison since I bought the car second hand. Its running KYB's - no coilovers. I should get you to measure from the ground to the bottom of the frame by the jackpoint so that I have a reference haha...

It handles like a go-cart but has unsurprisingly developed the annoying bushning squeak issue many dropped cars have. Also the exhaust pipe hits the rear suspension sometimes.

YamahaV8
10-05-2010, 11:11 AM

I may be exaggerating a bit, it might only be a 3.5" or something as I have no comparison since I bought the car second hand. Its running KYB's - no coilovers. I should get you to measure from the ground to the bottom of the frame by the jackpoint so that I have a reference haha...

I will measure for you. Got nothing else to do. My car has completely stock suspension for your reference.

I heard tunerworks sells Tokico. Any other shops that anyone knows of.

HiSpec
10-05-2010, 01:00 PM
what about Blisten? Does Blisten sell anything for you Ep3?

YamahaV8
10-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
what about Blisten? Does Blisten sell anything for you Ep3?

They do for a 2002 civic but they do not say whether it is for an ep3 or just the normal civic. Besides, their msrp on those shocks come to a total of $1276 for all 4. Not worth the money for a DD.

Aaron@Tuner
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi there,

Yep we sell Tokico, also sell bilstein and a few other options for your EP3.