PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Kappa subwoofers

OtmShank
12-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Bah I need some help:dunno: . I have 2 Inifinity Kappa Subwoofers DVC, I hooked them up to a rockford fosgate 301S. They sound terrible and like they are blown. I have tried a parallel connection and a series connection. The subs move but produce little bass, it sounds distorted and like their blown. I dont know how they would be blown because I just got them brand new from etronics.com. Any help would be appreciated, and remember im a noob at this:poosie: . Is there a way to get them reparied if they are blown or a voice coil is damaged?

Primer_Drift
12-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Sounds like you inverted the polarity. Switch your positive and negative on one sub. It has the affect in one enclosure of producing opposite and equal sound waves, in affect canceling eachother out.. and yes it is hard on the subs and amp. I just hope you didn't pound the hell outta them. good luck

tegdream
12-29-2003, 06:58 PM
yea, i would go over hte wiring again, espciacilly if you are only using the single bridged channel on the amp, should be like

+ to - on one coil of each sub

the all the + to + to + on the amp
and all the - to - to - on the amp!

Zero102
12-30-2003, 12:25 AM
Stupid question, what kind of box are they in?

Weapon_R
12-30-2003, 02:16 AM
Reversed polarity wouldn't make that sound - are you sure you bought new subs? Were they refurbished?

RickDaTuner
12-30-2003, 08:35 AM
Inifntiy Kappas Require some big amps to get some true sound out of them there not good at all unless your runnin 500 watts to each Sub its a touchy sub to be honest requires lots of kow how and proper box dimensions and wirring set up to get them to function properly its a very good Sub though very clean sound if you can get them to work properly

OtmShank
12-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Its a 900 watt amp and it runs at 450 at 4 ohms and 900 at 2 ohms. They are not refurbished as far as I know. They are in a regular box 1 inch thick that I bought from a local car audio place and he recommended it for my subs for the best all around sound.

tt398
01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
If both drivers are running different polarity they will "phase each other out" - hence very reduced output. Just like Primer_drift said ...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: