PDA

View Full Version : Cash back rebate offers on cars....

Canucks3322
10-04-2010, 04:20 PM
How does this work?...if you need cash back now to pay off a credit card and finance a new car....do you actually get cash back or do they just finance you a lower amount, if they give you cash back but finance you the full price, isn't that just like borrowing money to get cash to pay off my credit card?

Cos
10-04-2010, 04:22 PM
yes

kaput
10-04-2010, 06:54 PM

Xtrema
10-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
How does this work?...I need cash back now to pay off a credit card if I finance a new car....do you actually get cash back or do they just finance you a lower amount, if they give you cash back but finance you the full price, isn't that just like borrowing money to get cash to pay off my credit card?

:facepalm:

D911
10-04-2010, 11:15 PM
So your plan is to somehow lower your debts by adding more debt?

gpomp
10-04-2010, 11:18 PM
:nut:

Scuderia
10-04-2010, 11:19 PM
How does this work?...I need cash back now to pay off a credit card if I finance a new car....do you actually get cash back or do they just finance you a lower amount, if they give you cash back but finance you the full price, isn't that just like borrowing money to get cash to pay off my credit card?

Get of rid of debt by adding more debt to pay for existing debt... now I definitely want to be like you. Still waiting for that PM:dunno:

Canucks3322
10-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Is this hypothetical, or are you actually considering buying a new car to apply the cash back to another debt??

It's hypothetical...I was wondering if this was the similar to a cash back mortgage, I always see the ads for these in the papers...it's useful for someone who has existing debt, say on a credit card, but is also needing a new car, no?

Scuderi...I had to go search your posts to see what you were talking about...sounds like you already ended up making yourself look more like a fool in that cop "standing around and laughing" thread....what do you want me to PM you for? You want to arrange a meeting with me in person so you can punch me out? :dunno: or maybe cuz you wanna tell me about your hardcore life and how every cop you run into seems to have it in for you and is a complete asshole to you?

Scuderia
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM

It's hypothetical...I was wondering if this was the similar to a cash back mortgage, I always see the ads for these in the papers...it's useful for someone who has existing debt, say on a credit card, but is also needing a new car, no?

Scuderi...I had to go search your posts to see what you were talking about...sounds like you already ended up making yourself look more like a fool in that cop "standing around and laughing" thread....what do you want me to PM you for? You want to arrange a meeting with me in person so you can punch me out? :dunno: or maybe cuz you wanna tell me about your hardcore life and how every cop you run into seems to have it in for you and is a complete asshole to you?

LOL I just want some debt advice. Pretty please?

Xtrema
10-05-2010, 07:11 PM

Cash back are usually applied to archive lower monthly payment or lower purchase price. And usually it's a either cash back or good finance rate, rarely both at the same unless it's an unwanted or overstocked model.

I don't think any dealership's accounting department can cut you a check on a cash back program. But I could be wrong.

And getting in debt to cover other debt is sorta retarded. If you can't even find a LOC to cover your CC debt. How can you be approved on financing a new car?

Canucks3322
10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Yea sure Scuderi! I'll trade you for spelling lessons, okay?
:rofl:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=315923&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3

Damn, I need to keep up on these Beyond threads...you seem to be on here posting all day long!

Scuderia
10-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Yea sure Scuderi! I'll trade you for spelling lessons, okay?
:rofl:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=315923&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3

Damn, I need to keep up on these Beyond threads...you seem to be on here posting all day long!

You got yourself a deal buddy.
Lesson #1: My username is spelled SCUDERIA, not SCUDERI.

AaronK
10-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Lol this argument is hilarious. OP is just plain dumb, and these guys are just back and forth with grade 3 insults...

Feruk
10-06-2010, 09:28 AM
If you can't afford the car down payment and your credit card bill, perhaps you shouldn't be buying the car??

spikerS
10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
well, depending on a few variables, it might not be a bad idea.

For example, if you owe $5000.00 on a credit card, with the usual ~19% annual interest rate, and decided to finance a new car at <10% it makes a whole lot of sense. However, if you need to sell your car before the financing term is up, you will find yourself upside down on the loan, and still having to find that extra money.

Canucks3322
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by AaronK
Lol this argument is hilarious. OP is just plain dumb, and these guys are just back and forth with grade 3 insults...

Shut up fatty.

JRSC00LUDE
10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Canuck, if it sounds too good to be true then it likely is.

Say, for example, that Scuderia or that dsr7723 guy said something that wasn't just intended to stir a pot or make them sound somehow better than someone else by picking a fight or arguing with them. Or, again, someone like ZenOps suddenly selling all his stock in Reynolds foil.

If either of those things happened, would you actually believe it?