PDA

View Full Version : found a blackberry phone, help me find the owner.

aypi
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
long shot but I'll try anyways.

i found a blackberry 8330 phone in the country hills area today at around 4pm. if you are missing yours or know somebody that lost their phone, pm me.

the battery is dead and i don't have a blackberry charger so i cant call the owner and its with bell so the sim card wont work on my iphone (locked with rogers).

if you have a bell phone or blackberry charger, maybe you can lend it to me so that i can contact the owner.

let me know, thanks.

Guillermo
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
you could probably just return it to rogers.

510-Trevor
10-04-2010, 05:28 PM
There is a Bell store at Harvest Hills Crossing, take it there.

rob the knob
10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
you should be charge with computer and usb cable

K3RMiTdot
10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
you could also just use any normal mini usb to charge it, if you got one kicking aroudn

aypi
10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
thanks, I'll try it later. i think i have one of those mini usb from my camera.

theken
10-04-2010, 05:53 PM
pretty much every phone has the same charger.

jaysas_63
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by theken
pretty much every phone has the same charger.

i tried charging my bb with an old moto razr mini usb charger, the bb wouldn't charge, even though the moto charges with the bb charger.....so eventhough they might have the same connections, they wont be compatible 100% of the time

know1edge
10-04-2010, 07:45 PM
blackberries use microusb and miniUSB on different models i believe..

rumeo
10-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

i tried charging my bb with an old moto razr mini usb charger, the bb wouldn't charge, even though the moto charges with the bb charger.....so eventhough they might have the same connections, they wont be compatible 100% of the time

Motorola uses a different voltage then the others

Originally posted by know1edge
blackberries use microusb, miniUSB and just the regular usb on different models i believe..

The old berries (8330) use mini usb, but the newer ones use micro usb.

theken
10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I used a motorola charger on my old pearl for years, i left my bb charger in my travel bag, and left my motorola one at home.

anyways did you charge the thing yet

aypi
10-05-2010, 11:17 PM
yes, talked to the owner today. he said he might pick it up tomorrow. thanks.:thumbsup:

ercchry
10-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by rumeo

Motorola uses a different voltage then the others

The old berries (8330) use mini usb, but the newer ones use micro usb.

moto's are just a bitch, you need a moto branded charger (unless you plug into the computer) berry will take any usb ones

AaronK
10-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Wow youre a good guy, most people would figure this would be an easy couple bucks to just sell it. Good job bro!:thumbsup:

Stealth22
10-05-2010, 11:30 PM
^^ What goes around comes around, bro. It's just the right thing to do, especially with such an expensive phone. I lost my wallet two years ago at an LRT station, and with all my credit cards and money in it, I thought it was gone for good. Then an hour later, I get a call from my house saying this guy called and said he found my wallet.

Many people would have just pocketed the money, cards, and possibly my identity. I got it all back the same day, and I couldn't help but think that maybe the reason that I got my wallet back was because sometime in the past, I had helped someone in the same way? :dunno:

JVR1
10-05-2010, 11:32 PM
for sure :thumbsup: to the OP... i lost mine bb a while ago in a cab and the next passenger actually took the time to track me down so i ended up buying her a thank you gift..

Wrinkly
10-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Same thing happened to me years ago - left my wallet (with a fresh pay packet of cash and all the usual ID/credit/bank cards etc in it) on a park bench. Went to the police station and a little boy from out of town had found it and handed it in. I would have been well and truly screwed if I'd lost that money - I was young and broke back then.

A little while ago - my OH dropped cell phone in shopping cart at Totem - guy called us and we got it back.

There are still good people out there.

:thumbsup: to the OP and everyone else who does the right thing.

5fivespeed
10-06-2010, 12:08 AM
I found a BB Storm on my way to Australia in Vancouver airport. Unfortunately I had to wipe the phone - popped the sim card in, recieved a text from someone and found the owner. Two months later (I was on vacation - no return address) that owner had his BB back. Nice phone. Karma works in good ways.

Ray

Cowtown_Raider
10-06-2010, 12:09 AM
There are good people out there. A few weeks ago, my tailbag fell off my motorcycle and I didn't notice til I got to work downtown. Panic set in as my wallet, iPhone, and keys were all in it. Few hours later, a Hispanic construction worker called me at work as he had dug through my wallet and found a business card. I had called and texted my iPhone about 20 times, but he said he didn't know how to answer it...LOL. He saw my bag on the road after a couple cars ran over it and stopped to pick it up. Everything in the bag was destroyed except my wallet, iPhone, keys, and sunglasses. :clap:

I rode up to the house he was working on with a 28 pack of beer as a small thank you. Made his day as well as mine!

Stealth22
10-06-2010, 12:27 AM
^^ That reminds me. The guy that found my wallet...when I went to pick it up, he wouldn't accept a reward at first either! Eventually he took $20 from me reluctantly, but it goes to show, there are still good folks out there. :thumbsup:

aypi
10-07-2010, 05:45 PM
:closed:

thanks for all the help guys. :thumbsup:

owner got his phone back today. he is giving me some money but i just turned it down bec. he said he is broke and thats all he can afford (didnt even see how much was it).

btw, i used my garmin gps charger on my car to charge the berry and it works. lol

harv91
10-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Im glad theres still some decent people in this world.
The owner of the phone must have been so happy to get the call
Good job bro :thumbsup:

SRT
10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I gave about 12 phones back to their rightful owners during autoshow last year. It was like every other person that sat in the cars had their phone slip out of their pocket.

Take note of that.

heinz256
10-07-2010, 11:34 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5fivespeed
10-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Just think of it if you had lost your own phone, or anything in that aspect - that's how I do it.

Ray

Nels
10-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Good for you dude, good for you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: