PDA

View Full Version : Trailer hitch install

FraserB
10-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I need a Class III trailer hitch installed on a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I know Standens and the Hitch Shop will install one but I would rather give a Beyonder the money.

Let me know if you can do it or have a recommended shop.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Is this an aftermarket hitch? All the factory hitches were bolt-ons, AFAIK.

FraserB
10-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Is this an aftermarket hitch? All the factory hitches were bolt-ons, AFAIK.

Its bolt on Trev, just the same as yours. The only reason I am paying to have it done is my dad is footing the bill so he can tow with it.

'93 SR-V
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Have you thought about putting it in yourself? Most of them are quite simple to install... I bought one from the hitch shop and put in on my old explorer myself, all I had to do was line it up with the pre-existing holes in the frame and torque about 6 bolts to whatever the instructions said. I imagine it would be about the same on your Cherokee unless it's some odd set up that can only be welded on.

Edit: I guess in the time it took me to write this the DIY thing has already come up!

Tomaz
10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Jac's Autobody and truck accessories in Strathmore. By far the best service I have had. The price to install was half of what it was going to cost anywhere in the city.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

Its bolt on Trev, just the same as yours. The only reason I am paying to have it done is my dad is footing the bill so he can tow with it.

Haha, fair enough! Although to be completely honest, the PO of my vehicle decided to weld AND bolt the hitch on - meaning I'm going to have to somehow modify my gas tank skid to make it fit over the hitch. :banghead: