PDA

View Full Version : Police unable to determine make/model of vehicle involved in crash.

thetransporter
10-05-2010, 11:31 AM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/3621051.bin

The aftermath of a fiery crash involving two vehicles near Valleyview on Oct. 3, 2010.Photograph by: RCMP,

EDMONTON — RCMP say they are still unable to determine the number of victims in a fiery two-vehicle crash near Valleyview over the weekend. Police are working with the Medical Examiner’s office to determine the identity of the victim or victims of the crash involving an unknown vehicle and a five-ton cube van, which happened about 30 kilometres west of Valleyview shortly before 7 a.m. Sunday.
The vehicle, which was burned so badly police could not determine its make or model, was travelling westbound on Highway 43 when it crossed the centre line into the path of the van and collided head-on, RCMP said.
The cube van rolled onto its passenger side as a result, and the second vehicle landed sideways in the eastbound lane.
The 33-year-old man driving the cube van survived the crash. As the subsequent fire intensified, he was forced to cut himself out of his seatbelt to escape the wreck, RCMP Cpl. Carol McKinley said. He was not injured.
The collision caused traffic delays of about 20 to 30 minutes for passing motorists while emergency crews were on scene between Range Roads 252 and 253 for 10 hours Sunday.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to contact the Valleyview RCMP detachment.
[email protected]

Jetta-2.0
10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
`this is what happens when cars are made mostly of plastic RIP to the people

n1zm0
10-05-2010, 11:52 AM
^ i'd say moreso that this is what happens when a car/truck/van (possibly flying through the air after crossing the median) and cube van collide both going 100km/h +

your jump to conclusions mat is fail

revelations
10-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0

Wrong.

Occupant safety standards are generally made more stringent with time - not less.

Having said that, no car is designed (that I am aware of) to ensure survival of its occupants in a 100kph head on collision with a 5 ton truck.

ercchry
10-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Wrong.

Occupant safety standards are generally made more stringent with time - not less.

Having said that, no car is designed (that I am aware of) to ensure survival of its occupants in a 100kph head on collision with a 5 ton truck.

im pretty sure he is referring to the identifying aspect, not the survival of the people

revelations
10-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

im pretty sure he is referring to the identifying aspect, not the survival of the people

I'm fairly certain cars burned with equal grace 20-30 years ago as they do today. :dunno:

ercchry
10-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by revelations

I'm fairly certain cars burned with equal grace 20-30 years ago as they do today. :dunno:

.... plastic melts into a blob... metal holds it's shape for a little while...

BlackArcher101
10-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0

.... plastic melts into a blob... metal holds it's shape for a little while...

Yes, because it's that new fangled plastic's fault! I guess they never had carpeting, seats, headliner, wiring, dashcovering, combustable fluids, tires or other flammable items 'back in the day'.

:facepalm:

Jetta-2.0
10-05-2010, 07:32 PM

:clap:

ercchry
10-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

Yes, because it's that new fangled plastic's fault! I guess they never had carpeting, seats, headliner, wiring, dashcovering, combustable fluids, tires or other flammable items 'back in the day'.

:facepalm:

is everyone stupid today?!!!!!!

not saying it CAUSED the fire.... we are saying it makes it impossible to tell what the fuck the car is when it melts into a blob! so it is not possible to IDENTIFY THE FUCKING CAR, just like the tittle of the thread says

Disoblige
10-05-2010, 08:08 PM
:werd: Wtf is going on here? I understand what Jetta was trying to say. Even if it wasn't clear enough, ercchry made it 100% clear.

BigMass
10-05-2010, 08:13 PM
according to CSI, some DNA samples and paint scrapings should uncover the victims identity and make and model of the car within 30 minutes

BlackArcher101
10-05-2010, 08:15 PM

is everyone stupid today?!!!!!!

not saying it CAUSED the fire.... we are saying it makes it impossible to tell what the fuck the car is when it melts into a blob! so it is not possible to IDENTIFY THE FUCKING CAR, just like the tittle of the thread says

Holy F. Did I say the you said this was the fault which caused the fire? No. But my mistake, I thought you were referring to the identity of the victims not the car. But what I said still applies. Unless this is a Saturn.

ercchry
10-05-2010, 08:19 PM

Holy F. Did I say the you said this was the fault which caused the fire? No. But my mistake, I thought you were referring to the identity of the victims not the car. But what I said still applies.

more or less... yes, your whole post was about combustible materials :nut:

EDIT: shit, tried to grab that quote before you edited

BlackArcher101
10-05-2010, 08:20 PM

more or less... yes, your whole post was about combustible materials :nut:

Yes sir, because the entire car melts into a blob these days. :nut:

ercchry
10-05-2010, 08:28 PM

Yes sir, because the entire car melts into a blob these days. :nut:

well according to you it would have melted into a blob even if all the body was metal!

i really do not understand what the fuck your stance in this argument is anymore.... the original post by jetta-2.0 was all i was clarifying, and im pretty sure it started off as a light satirical comment, not a scientific analysis of vehicles of today compared to yesteryear

FraserB
10-05-2010, 10:12 PM
They need to release better pictures of the car, chances are someone could ID it with a good pic.

Kennyredline
10-05-2010, 11:16 PM
The way some of you guys carry on, it's like you're all married to each other! lol

Stealth22
10-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
They need to release better pictures of the car, chances are someone could ID it with a good pic. Judging from that one pic..I highly doubt it.

Originally posted by Kennyredline
The way some of you guys carry on, it's like you're all married to each other! lol No kidding...I was seriously laughing as I scrolled down the page! :rofl:

chkolny541
10-06-2010, 12:23 AM
wow this topic went wayyyyy left field

syritis
10-06-2010, 02:30 AM
coles notes = unidentified people are made from plastic?

rip to the victims.

thetransporter
10-06-2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/3621051.bin