PDA

View Full Version : Fridge water/ice dispenser.

Seth1968
10-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I tore out my 70's kitchen and replaced with new.

Everything is fine, except for the GE fridge water and ice dispenser (I've never had such before).

To summarize:

1: Until the kitchen reno, I've used a Brita canister which has provided cold and clean water. The built in GE water dispenser is filtered, but not cooled. With research, I now suspect that's "standard" with all refrigerator water dispensers.

2) The ice dispenser, (both crushed and cubed is laughable) Both dispenses ice, but spill on the floor like Octomom.

89coupe
10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

2) The ice dispenser, (both crushed and cubed is laughable) Both dispenses ice, but spill on the floor like Octomom.

You are suppose to hold a glass under it ya know.:angel:

Alterac
10-05-2010, 02:22 PM
2) Move your cup upwards, towards the ice chute, it will catch more ice..... lol... on a side note, may fathers fridge spits ice like a monster also.

phreezee
10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
GE fridges aren't that good. Mine lasted 4 years only with one $400 repair at 2 years. The ice maker lasted about 2.5years.

sillysod
10-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Meh, my LG is similar, it dispenses ice okay, but for crushed ice it is horrible, you might as well just put the ice on the floor and smash it with a hammer.

As far as the temp goes, mine has the "cooling" feature, but it still isnt rocky mountain cold.

Seth1968
10-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Sound of ice dispenser motor:

"I'm not going to last very long"

masoncgy
10-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Some water dispensing fridges have a substantial amount of coiled up plastic tubing inside, usually tucked away behind the crisper drawers. This stores a supply of water that will become chilled to the inside temperature and dispensed as such.

My Frigidaire side-by-side I had at my place in Sandstone always had cold water out of the dispenser. Of course, if you are on the water often, you will eventually run into the lukewarm stuff... but that's what the ice is for... ;)

Oh yeah... mine puked ice all over the place too... all the time.

Wrinkly
10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Even my Sub-Zero spews too much ice and it goes all over the place - not impressed. The Amana, Kitchenaid and Whirlpool models I had before were all much better in that regard! :nut:

turbotrip
10-12-2010, 03:21 AM
my kenmore fridge always pumps out really cold water, but also shoots ice wildly