PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know these bodyshops?

spikerS
10-05-2010, 01:51 PM
So for my truck they are going to fix it. wanted to know if there was a particular body shop i wanted to take it to. I said I don't, and if they could recommend one.

they gave me 4:
Pacific Autobody
CMP
Varsity Chrysler
Cam Clark Ford.

I really didn't care where they took it to, the truck is not a show piece or fancy by anyone's books. All I use it for is to pull our holiday trailer and and do dump runs and help all you beyonder's move stuff. Then I asked her what the estimator's estimate was. she said $1600 to fix the rear and frame, and $800 to fix the front. Well that just set off alarm bells. $1600 would not even straighten out the frame where it has buckled, at least in my mind.

So now, I am thinking that these body shops are going to pass over the frame and just fix the visual damage, when I would prefer it to be the other way around. My holiday trailer is 4400lbs dry, and I need that frame to be pristine!

I asked then about sending it to a place like contemporary coach works, but apparently they are not on a preferred all state list or some such. not sure of the consequences of going there will be though since it is not "approved"

I am now thinking I want to take it to my sister's boyfriends shop in red deer, but I doubt they will tow it that far.

can anyone offer some advice for me?

bignerd
10-05-2010, 04:59 PM
You are allowed to choose ANY shop you want. However what happens when you choose a body shop NOT on their preferred list, they will not warranty the quality of the work.

If you took it to their shop and have issues, usually they just tell you to bring it back. If you take it to your shop and have problems, your are on your own to deal with the problem yourself.