PDA

View Full Version : Bought Some High End Video Equipment Some Slow Motion Tire Shake From This Weekend

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
So I made a large investment to get some high speed video equipment and amongst running my car all weekend helping and shooting friends cars I got to do some test video's for a friend Dwayne from Calgary and his 6 second rail car. This video was shoot from high in the stands around 400 feet up track just testing various locations and zooms? Enjoy and this is why the fast guys wear mouth guards :) He didn't believe me when I told him his rear tires came off the ground but video don't lie, I watch regular speed video of the same run and you can't see the tires come off it happens so fast. This was shot at 300 frames per second but I can shoot up to 1200 if required :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koDNj_LnB2E

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
55 views and no replies??? What do you think like I said this was only a 300Fps test and being that far away didn't help matter thats for sure.

EvolizePhoto
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Ron that's awesome. Glad you're enjoying the camera, I need to play with it next time I'm up!

EvolizePhoto
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM
SHIT! Look at that rail hop!!!!! WOW

EvolizePhoto
10-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Ron, get your rendering down so its true 1080 with good clarity and please do some 1200fps of something. Anything!

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
Ron, get your rendering down so its true 1080 with good clarity and please do some 1200fps of something. Anything!

Not sure how to do that? You loose resolution the faster your FPS, and yeah I'm going to be doing some testing soon. I well post some vids I shoot from less then 450 feet away they turned out alot better.

EvolizePhoto
10-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Ron@Revolution

Not sure how to do that? You loose resolution the faster your FPS, and yeah I'm going to be doing some testing soon. I well post some vids I shoot from less then 450 feet away they turned out alot better. The video at 1080p seemed very washed out and blurry. Is that how it looks at a high fps? Do you lose quality when you use a higher fps? I'm going to have to look into that for you.

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
The video at 1080p seemed very washed out and blurry. Is that how it looks at a high fps? Do you lose quality when you use a higher fps? I'm going to have to look into that for you.

Yeah it isn't HD on high speed and you resolution goes down as the FPS goes up. Which makes sense since your shooting that quickly something has to give.

Ron@Revolution
10-05-2010, 07:24 PM
The Camera well however shoot HD video but I think its only 60FPS :) Or I can shoot 60 stills a second to :)