PDA

View Full Version : No Offical NFL thread?

Blacura
10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Yet there is a badminton one? Not saying badminton is for boys in short shorts but

"C'mon Man"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/SEl5uIXb26I/AAAAAAAAHR8/ZFKs5VNLTto/s400/berman.jpg

beecue
10-06-2010, 12:25 PM
:nut: Can't believe stupid NE traded Moss.

mac_82
10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by beecue

I'm a little pissed. I am going to Boston with 3 buddies Nov 21 for the Pats/Colts game. We really wanted to see Moss play since this was going to be his last year in NE. :banghead:

wintonyk
10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
I didn't think pats fans existed outside of boston and women.

Either way seems like a dumb move to get rid of Moss. Although as a viking I benefit.

md14
10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Beyond used to have a few NFL Threads, but stupidity took over most of them.

But man o man, what a turn of events in the last 24 hours.

Patriots D better gel quick because there is no way there offense is going to be able to put up 30 points a game. Tate and Hernandez aren't going to be able to stretch the field the same.

Also, 49ers 0-4.... Cue 5hift

Blacura
10-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by wintonyk
I didn't think pats fans existed outside of boston and women.

Either way seems like a dumb move to get rid of Moss. Although as a viking I benefit.

I'm not a fan, but Bill Belichick seems like a non BS kinda coach. Doesn't seem to put up with the normal wide receiver primadonna stuff. They have good drafts and must feel this was the best for the team.

I quickly picked up Brandon Tate in my fantasy league but I don't think he's on the same level as Moss. NE has some seriously undersized players. That one Woodhead? guy looks like Willow out on the field.

No deep threat is going to hurt Brady and all his usual check downs to Welker.

FWIW my team is the Seahawks who seem like Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to home versus playing on the road. Tough going for hawks fans the past few years.

5hift
10-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by md14

Also, 49ers 0-4.... Cue 5hift

Yeah I have probably lost a few years of my life watching the Niners the past 4 weeks. That said, having watched the games I have peace in the fact the record is due to mickey mouse coaching and not to lack of talent.

5hift
10-10-2010, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by wintonyk
Either way seems like a dumb move to get rid of Moss.

Patriots D better gel quick because there is no way there offense is going to be able to put up 30 points a game. Tate and Hernandez aren't going to be able to stretch the field the same.

The Moss trade was not a matter of the Patriots trying to put the best team on the field, it was the Patriots cutting out a cancer before it spread.

Moss was using the post game conferences as a public outlet to bitch about his contract.

He had gotten into shouting matches with the QB coach on the sidelines during game day.

And this revealed today:

Randy Moss and Tom Brady had to be separated in the locker room recently after getting into a heated argument.
The real impetus for the Patriots' surprising willingness to deal Moss? Brady reportedly told Moss to cut his beard, at which point Moss told Brady to cut his hair because he looks like a girl. The Pats had no choice but to side with their franchise QB, though, to keep peace in the locker room.

This isn't the Moss that had that had a record year a couple back. This is the Moss that bitched his way out of Minn and Oak.

I am a Moss fan. He USED to be great. But he has averaged about 3 receptions and less than 50 yards going back to early last year. He is lazy at run blocking. if the Pats didn't feed him the ball in the red zone to keep him happy, he wouldn't even be a top 15 WR.

Pats D if you guys have not noticed, is in rebuilding mode. A quick strike offense would hang them out to dry and expose how green they are. There is a reason BB went to a 2 TE formation and is running a lot more ... clock control. Well that and no linebacker can cover Aaron Hernandez.

Patriots now have 6 picks in the first two rounds next draft. They are rebuilding while somehow being competitive at the same time.

Blacura
10-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Crazy 1:00 games! Big come back by the Ravens (my preseason pick to win the SB).

Wtf is going on in New Orleans, even though they were a pass first offense last year, not having the people they did in the back field is killing them - Bush and Thomas.

I hate the Chargers, Rivers is a whinny bitch and I hate how the media has such a hard on for them every year even though they choke over and over. I'm glad to see KC raking up some wins. I hope they win the division.

The AFC south is a mess. Three teams that are fighting for first.

NFC west is still a joke, but my Hawks could actually win it this year.

I do like that there is no sure bet this year, makes it tough for betting but fun to watch.

I put a lot of my fantasy draft picks in the Bengals rolling this year, and it backfired. Then the first week I sit Palmer he goes off. Worlds worst FF manager.

md14
11-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Randy Moss just got waived by the Vikings...

I believe anyone who was been in the NFL longer than 4 years does not have to go through the waiver wire, so hes free to sign with whoever he wants.

:nut:

His post game presser was awesome..

Link (http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Moss-Presser---1031/85dec7bd-eaad-45f8-a5c3-81600476a843)

*Edit*
Post trade deadline - everyone must clear waivers, I think*

mac_82
11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Randy Moss just got waived by the Vikings...

Crazy :nut:

AaronK
11-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Moss is such an arrogant guy and thats what has caused him to be bounced around this league so much. No one wants that sorta presence in their locker room.

roopi
11-01-2010, 04:14 PM

*Edit*
Post trade deadline - everyone must clear waivers, I think*

You are right he does have to go through the waiver process.

Waiver Priority List is:
BUF, DAL, CAR, SF, DEN, MIN, DET, CLE, CIN, SD, ARI, STL, ...

I don't see it going past one of these teams.

Blacura
11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
that play moss gave up wrote his ticket out of town. That was a joke, it will be hard for anyone to want him after his lack of effort this season... maybe the Raiders or Bengals haha.

Jlude
11-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Raiders won't take him back...

Can't believe he gave up on that play. What a waste of talent.

Blacura
11-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Ya the Raiders won't, they used to be the dumping ground for misfits. Then it was the Bungles, imagine Ocho, TO, and Moss on the same team. yikes... get that team mic'ed up and sell tickets.

01RedDX
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Blacura
11-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Top 100 NFL players of all time finished up being released this week.

What do you think?

top 10
1 Rice, Jerry
2 Brown, Jim
3 Taylor, Lawrence
4 Montana, Joe
5 Payton, Walter
6 Unitas, Johnny
7 White, Reggie
8 Manning, Peyton
9 Hutson, Don
10 Butkus, Dick

Rest of List @ http://top100.nfl.com/

mac_82
11-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Well I just got free tickets to the Bills/Bears game tomorrow in Toronto. Next week I am going to Detroit to see the Wings/Avs. And then in 2 weeks I am off to Boston for the Pats/Colts game. Should be a good month :D

Blacura
11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Well I just got free tickets to the Bills/Bears game tomorrow in Toronto. Next week I am going to Detroit to see the Wings/Avs. And then in 2 weeks I am off to Boston for the Pats/Colts game. Should be a good month :D

That Bills game turned into not a bad show. Good work on the sporting events. IMO there are the type of events that you remember for life, Id rather go to sporting events than concerts any day. This is the first year if a few that I haven't made it to a NFL game. :(

max_boost
12-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Has a team with a losing record actually made the playoffs before?

Reminded me of the strike lockout in baseball. That year the AL West, everyone was under .500 lol

I just caught the highlights to the Philly/Eagles game. Now that is ridiculous lol :eek:

The ending to the Pitts/Jets game was nuts too. Sanchez fake hand off to run it in was awesome. It got everyone lol

Pats the team to beat still?

Blacura
12-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Has a team with a losing record actually made the playoffs before?

Reminded me of the strike lockout in baseball. That year the AL West, everyone was under .500 lol

I just caught the highlights to the Philly/Eagles game. Now that is ridiculous lol :eek:

The ending to the Pitts/Jets game was nuts too. Sanchez fake hand off to run it in was awesome. It got everyone lol

Pats the team to beat still?

It's been a fun season thus far and I think the last two weeks are going to be a doozy. Nobody is locked into buys yet.

The Thursday night game seems lame on the surface but this is the NFL and any given sunday (or thursday) can be big. Panthers at Steelers. Pitt with out Polamalu, could be a trap game.

Christmas treat with an xmas day game. Nothing too great. Cards at Cowboys. No real play off implications but always nice to have more football on TV.

Early Sunday games to watch are Chicago and the Jets. Late game would be Giants and Packers, or the Colts and Raiders.

The game of the week is the Monday Nighter though. Falcons and Saints. Should be good! Go NFL!

guessboi
12-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Titans still have a shot with a 6-8 record. :rofl:

95teetee
01-08-2011, 07:12 PM
s'Aints lose to a 7-9 team.
What a shame:rofl:

Blacura
01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
s'Aints lose to a 7-9 team.
What a shame:rofl:

Wow, that was a game. Go hawks, man Qwest is an amazing venue.

The jets\indy game was good too. I haven't been sold on Sanchez, but this game was a good show.

I'd say two underdogs this weekend have won already.

Wildcard weekend is awesome.

beecue
01-08-2011, 10:11 PM
:cry: :cry: Stupid Jets got lucky.

AaronK
01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
:cry: :cry: Stupid Jets got lucky.

Lol lucky? Are you kidding me? Do you know anything about football? Nothing in the game Was lucky for the jets. LT played well and kept them In the game. Manning played poorly and got his #1 reciever shutdown. Jets out played them. That's all their is to it

max_boost
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
What a great day of football. Can't wait for tomorrow!

beecue
01-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by AaronK

Lol lucky? Are you kidding me? Do you know anything about football? Nothing in the game Was lucky for the jets. LT played well and kept them In the game. Manning played poorly and got his #1 reciever shutdown. Jets out played them. That's all their is to it

Damn calm down. I'm just upset they lost.

AaronK
01-08-2011, 11:36 PM

Damn calm down. I'm just upset they lost.

Lol sorry, I'm not mad! It was a pretty boring defensive game...

pyroza
01-09-2011, 04:04 AM
That Seahawks game was easily the best game all season and probably one of the best I've ever watched.

Seahawks for the Super Bowl! I have faith

pyroza
01-09-2011, 06:57 PM
YESSS, Eagles lose. Seahawks @ Bears, Packers @ Falcons. Seahawks and Packers win and the NFC Championship game is in Seattle. Oh god.

md14
01-09-2011, 07:07 PM
AFC matchups ares going to be good, both divisonal rivals
Jets @ Pats
Ravens @ Steelers

I'm calling a Steelers @ Patriots AFCCG hopefully...
:D

max_boost
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Damn. The Eagles really had their chances today but couldn't pull it through.

Next weekend is going to be even better for football.

dandia89
01-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Damn. The Eagles really had their chances today but couldn't pull it through.

Next weekend is going to be even better for football.
it was painful watching their defense. i'm glad they lost, even though i love vick.

schocker
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Haha, so glad the seahawks pulled through, was not expecting that.
I was at the texans game when they hammered jacksonville and was glad the colts made it through then they dissapoint me like that :rofl:

5hift
01-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Some big games today, where is all the NFL talk...

I`m thinking

Ravens over Steelers
Pack over Falcons

Bears over Hawks
Pats over Jets

Some money to be made on the spreads for Sunday`s games.

Did anyone catch Welker`s pre game conference, fucking hilarious if you`ve been following the whole footgate incident.

`Jets ILB Bart Scott physically threatened Wes Welker in a Newsday interview after Welker made repeated references to Jets coach Rex Ryan's foot fetish earlier in the week.`

Should make the matchup a bit more interesting.

max_boost
01-16-2011, 05:15 PM
OMG the Jets. Are they actually gonna pull this off?!:eek:

14-3 half time!

max_boost
01-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Holy shit the Jets. How the fuck did they pull this one off. :eek: :nut: :dunno:

Blacura
01-16-2011, 09:36 PM
It seems like its coming down to coaching and execution at clutch times by the players. What we see on the field is only a portion of what is going on. Although Rex Ryan is a fat mess, I think his football IQ is up there.

To shut down one of the best QB's in NFL history that looked to be destined for another super bowl, as well as beat Peyton Manning the week before; this is more than luck. I would have put money on the Pats at the end of the season to win the SB.

The clock struck 12 for the seahawks. The better team won, After last weeks win, I still feel good about the season.

Green Bay looks scary, they dismantled the Falcons. Now that this Starks kid showed up from no where, they are a very real threat.

Packers v. Steelers in the SB.

Packers win, ( I hope, I hate the steelers more than any team in any league of any sport)

dj_honda
01-16-2011, 10:38 PM
All the teams I liked are out, what a fucked up playoffs. I take Chicago for the win. I hate Rex with the Jets, but like LT. I hate GB from the Favre days, but I like Rodgers. Pitts, I don't mind so much. But Chicago, I like. As long as their O-line doesn't fuck up and Cutler doesn't throw INTs, I think they have a chance. Here's to hoping they make the SB, and the opposing team is dumb enough to kick to Hester at kickoff for an even faster TD than last time :P

pyroza
01-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Pittsburgh vs. Green Bay

God I hate Pittsburgh. I hope Rodgers styles all over them.

max_boost
01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Should be a great game. I think the Packers will pull this one out.

slick2404
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by pyroza
Pittsburgh vs. Green Bay

God I hate Pittsburgh. I hope Rodgers styles all over them.
:werd:

Blacura
01-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Green bay is going to have to beat Pittsburgh and the Guys in the black and white stripes. Pitt alway seems to get the calls in their favor.

I hate them ever since they 'beat' the seahawks in 2005. Hate hate hate the steelers.

Blacura
02-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Happy Super Sunday!

Lets go pack!

FOX`s pregame was weak, it was more of a celebrity circle jerk with less football and more live music. Oh well ESPN countdown was good. FOX is still better than CBS`coverage.

I`m surprised to see the Packers as the favorite in both odds and of TV. Usually the Steelers are the media darling.

I was glad to see at least a mention of Ben Rothlesberger and him accusations of sexual assault - which is something that seems to have been quickly swept under the rug. Strange for media that seems love to sacrifice anyone that does something like that ( ala Tiger Woods).

I wish the CRTC would chill for a day and allow superbowl commercials on CTV. The garbage they show is just terrible. They use those horrible CTV promo fillers

max_boost
02-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Should be a great game. I think the Packers will pull this one out.

Big Ben meets BJ Ravi today.

haha

That's all I know. Going to be a wicked game!!!

beecue
02-06-2011, 05:33 PM
:clap: I get the american feed here, no stupid CTV simulcast.

Kobe
02-06-2011, 05:50 PM
A nyone have a stream online ASAP?

EditL: found one... LOL @ penalty for celebrating to much in a superbowl

sputnik
02-06-2011, 08:08 PM
www.sportshunter.tv

sputnik
02-06-2011, 08:09 PM
:clap: I get the american feed here, no stupid CTV simulcast.

How?

Blacura
02-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

How?

Some satellite carriers don't simulcast. I had starchoice last year and watched the US feed.

Kloubek
02-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Well, it was a hard fought game but I'm glad the game wasn't ruined by the call of a non-catch against Green Bay. That was clearly a catch.

Not really into football much - but it was entertaining. Black Eyed Peas being the exception imo.

max_boost
02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
What a game!!

Congrats Packers!!

Blacura
02-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Great game. Momentum shifts, great defense, great offense. I think G. Jennings could have been MVP, but its easier to pick the winning QB.

Nice touch with the belt for A-Rod haha.

Good Season. Sigh 7 more months to go....

Blacura
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
5 hours of pregame, and like 20 minutes of post game? Cut short for the worst show on TV? Glee.. really wow. Thank goodness for NFL network

CMW403
02-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Was I the only one that thought the half-time show was absolutely fucking terrible?

The box-heads were definitely the cherry on top for me. :facepalm:

pyroza
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah, the halftime show was awful. People complain about the NFL hiring old bands to play, but the fact is those guys have been performing for so long they know how to put on a good show. Slash was a little surprising, but Fergie totally butchered Sweet Child O Mine. Not to mention the auto-tune abuse.

Nothing is going to beat Prince or Bruce Springsteen if you ask me.