PDA

View Full Version : Steam Email

Spoons
10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
So silly me, I lost my steam account information that has TF2 and Portal and all that fun stuff on it.

I remember my steam profile name, [DC]Grunt

Anyway to figure out the contact email from my steam profile? Basically I just need to remember that damned email, I remember the password and everything.

Maybe this time I will actually write it down...

n1zm0
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
you can sign into steam with your username anyways can't you? thats how i sign in, not with my email addr.

Spoons
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
you can sign into steam with your username anyways can't you? thats how i sign in, not with my email addr.

Steam username is different than my steam profile name... Which is fucking retarded on why they didn't just make it the same...

BloodyIron
10-06-2010, 02:27 PM
You can setup your steam account to have your login as an "account name" or an "email address". However you will always have an email address attached to the account.

I would recommend contacting Steam support, maybe calling them.

Do note that your "account name" does not change as you change your friends list display name. However you can change it when you have successfully authenticated.

06civic
10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Same thing happen to me. In fact i forgot my email, userid and password. Email them and they will help you out. They got me going two days after i emailed them about how stupid I am. Good luck

Spoons
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 06civic
Same thing happen to me. In fact i forgot my email, userid and password. Email them and they will help you out. They got me going two days after i emailed them about how stupid I am. Good luck

Yep same boat as me except for the password. I use the same password for everything not important... I have the memory of a gold fish.

Yeah I emailed em, thanks.

Spoons
10-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Well I just feel fucking stupid...

It was my first name and last all one word. :facepalm:

Boat
10-07-2010, 12:59 AM
I tried to add you, to see if I could find some more profile info. No luck!