PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010/11 - NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2

bubbley
10-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Can't wait until the season kicks off just around the corner. Pre-season has already started!

Anyone catch the heat game last night?

Lebron looking like he out of place, not the same confidence he used to play with over at Cleveland - that's what I noticed!

With all the trades and expectations surrounding the 2010/11 season, this will make for a great year of basketball. Excited!

Any Predictions?

:thumbsup:

RY213
10-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Raptors destroyed the Suns last night. I was impressed with how well the "young guns" played together. I think Derozan, Weems, Jarrett and Barbosa will play well together and the Raps should have a good season if they play as a team. I was also impressed with Kleiza, he showed a lot of versatility on the court. Also LOL @ Reggie Evans and Grant Hill being thrown out for patting each other on the ass, no homo...

bubbley
10-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by RY213
Raptors destroyed the Suns last night. I was impressed with how well the "young guns" played together. I think Derozan, Weems, Jarrett and Barbosa will play well together and the Raps should have a good season if they play as a team. I was also impressed with Kleiza, he showed a lot of versatility on the court. Also LOL @ Reggie Evans and Grant Hill being thrown out for patting each other on the ass, no homo...

I feel EXACTLY the same way as you seriously lol..raps looking pretty good.

The heat vs. thunder should be a good game as well

banned3x
10-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Bump!!

Who excited???!!!

I cannot miss any games today!!

Miami vs Boston :eek: :eek: this is like a final game pls watch tonight
I'm giving this to Miami
Lakers might lose to Houston

bubbley
10-26-2010, 12:05 PM
The Bos/Mia game is going to be interesting. Looks like the heat are favored in Bos! :eek:

I do give the edge to Miami but I think this is going to be a close one!

freshprince1
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
We have dinner guests tonight...but regardless, the game will be playing in the background.

I was discussing this, let me know what you think... Do you think that Miami - having stacked their team - somewhat diminished the appeal of their team? Don't they seem a little "cheap"?

Anyways. Looking forward to a great season. Going to follow Houston, Phoenix and Boston primarily.

banned3x
10-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Countdown 2.5 hrs left.

Miami cheap? LoL more like shady they fucked two teams their best players lol.

I'm following lakers, Miami, Boston golden state clippers and wizards.

banned3x
10-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Miami down 15 in half time:cry:

banned3x
10-26-2010, 08:16 PM
CAPS LOCK ON:

F U C K U WADE YOU FUCKED EVERYTHING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URRGHGGGHHGH

CAPS LOCK OFFFFFFFFFFFF

/rant

95teetee
10-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
Miami down 15 in half time:cry: well, they only lost by 8:rofl:

and I do mean :rofl:

bubbley
10-26-2010, 08:38 PM
y the fuck does the equipment manager get a ring?! lol

Lebron did well but damn they looked sloppy!

beecue
10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Miami played shitty and almost won. I can't wait to see how they play mid-season and into the playoffs.

freshprince1
10-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Too bad Houston lost. Brooks really surprised me, he had a great game. Scolo could have been way better - despite have ing a great game - he screwed up a ton of plays.

I hate how good Kobe is.

bubbley
10-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Damn the cavs take down Boston!!!!!!

:eek:

banned3x
11-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Cp3 is shitting on everyone!!! One more quarter lol.
Lil Wayne is there too

Scuderia
11-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Heat fuckin suck. Buncha sell outs. I don't even think they'll make it to the conference finals, and if they do, celts are goin to shit on them. Lakers all day baby.

banned3x
11-05-2010, 08:48 PM
The only reason your posting here is because u like conflict. Go troll politics and current events.

Go bulls Go!
Go raptors Go!

Scuderia
11-06-2010, 03:30 PM
The only reason your posting here is because u like conflict. Go troll politics and current events.

Go bulls Go!
Go raptors Go!

LMAO FML did I just get called a troll by banned3x? Wow now that is something. Please don't mention the Raps they're so wack they gathered bench players from every sub 500 team in the league and called it a day. Reggie Evans? Really? He played like 4 minutes a game with SEATTLE. Bulls are good rose is a beast and noah is coming up. Deng is a good role player but they're missing something to even make them a contender in the east. Lakers all day baby, can't touch Kobe.

banned3x
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Who the fuck Is watching jazz?????!!!!!!!!!! Omg this shit is fucken intense!!!! Watch now!!!!!! I love this shit!!!! Wilsapppppppppppp ftw

I'm a Miami fan but I really want jazz to win this game. They worked zoo hard

banned3x
11-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love this shit who's watching?????

banned3x
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
.04 ahh

banned3x
11-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Boston @ Miami live now tune in!!!

Scuderia
11-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Boston is going to dust that ass. Heat fuck. James is killing it in the first quarter though.

banned3x
11-11-2010, 08:18 PM
I hate you but your my only friend in here :)

Fuckin Boston is shiting on miami

banned3x
11-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Dbl post lol

Anyways I hope they come back

Scuderia
11-11-2010, 08:36 PM
I hate you but your my only friend in here :)

Fuckin Boston is shiting on miami

C'mon man, even though you're a troll I'm the only one who supports you when everyone else says ban. Plus we both love basketball. I smell a BFF moment:love: ... I'll make the bracelets, KK?

Miami will never make it past the conference finals man. You can't have a team full of role players, and greedy have-beens. Stackhouse? Magloire? Really? Look at how they set up their plays. It's either James iso, or Wade iso. Boston is going to dust that ass, and they're ancient. Imagine what the Lakers are going to do to them.

banned3x
11-11-2010, 09:01 PM
In Half time they said miami wasnt Playing "angry" well Lebron is mad as fuck and he's taking over the game. You'll see

J.M.
11-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia
Miami will never make it past the conference finals man. You can't have a team full of role players, and greedy have-beens. Stackhouse? Magloire? Really? Look at how they set up their plays. It's either James iso, or Wade iso. Boston is going to dust that ass, and they're ancient. Imagine what the Lakers are going to do to them.

:werd: Couldn't have said it any better.

Scuderia
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Fuckin retarded officials. All James has to do is drive, jump into the chest of Pierce, and flop, and it's automatically a foul. The only reason they're in the game so far is because of his 21 free throws. Fuckin bullshit, heat suck dick.

banned3x
11-11-2010, 10:26 PM
They themselves predicted they will suck in the first few months but once they know there roles they will shit on everyone. They haven't found there calling yet but once they find all hell will break lose. It takes time, dumbass wade missed all the preseason and that hurt them alot.

Scuderia
11-11-2010, 11:58 PM
LOL that's good for them, nobodys going to wait. This is the second time they've played the celts. They blame everything on "the first time", they're whole gameplay is backed up with "well it's okay, this is the first time, we'll get used to it then it's over". Okay, well, this is the second time they played the celtics, they lost just as bad, AND had home court. They won't be good man, trust me. You can't have a team with three fuckin SUPERSTARS (although bosh is wack)... the plays just aren't going to work. You have 3 superstars just playing together, and then the rest of the team is old geezers who came out of retirement to win, and some fuckin random unknowns. James, Wade, Bosh.....Joel Anthony... Carlos Arroyo.... Stackhouse? Magloire? James Jones? Did I mention Magloire? The guy who's been commentating on TV for god knows how long? It won't work.

J.M.
11-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Bosh :thumbsdow

banned3x
11-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by J.M.
Bosh :thumbsdow

Werd

To many egos. If they just let Lebron take leadership, everything should work out but it's wade's castle and he won't let it go.

Scuderia
11-13-2010, 08:40 PM
The heat fuckin suck so much, these refs are rigged. The raps should be winning right now if it wasn't for the fixed refs.

banned3x
11-13-2010, 11:24 PM
R u :cry: ?

banned3x
11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
i predict a 10 win streak for miami. bosh needs to stop being shy, and let his anger out. lebron needs to start dunkin more, wade needs to start making more plays and jones/house needs to make more 3's and every thing will be dandy.

ps i hate boston soo much except for big baby(3rd fav player)
kg=dick, perice=dick.

new orleans are a threat but well see.

LongCity
11-19-2010, 01:33 PM
LeBron is being a bitch. Complaining about how he and Wade are playing too many minutes. Are you kidding me!? Did Michael Jordan ever complain about too many minutes? No. He fought for more minutes when he was INJURED! LeBron doesn't have that level of desire to win like a Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan does a la last year's playoffs. And Bosh "just wants to chill". Get the fuck outta here! He's not even deserving of a max contract. These guys don't seem like players that would be a part of dynasty.

Go Spurs, go!

PS. I am a LeBron fan but less of one now due to his antics.

LongCity
11-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia
LOL that's good for them, nobodys going to wait. This is the second time they've played the celts. They blame everything on "the first time", they're whole gameplay is backed up with "well it's okay, this is the first time, we'll get used to it then it's over". Okay, well, this is the second time they played the celtics, they lost just as bad, AND had home court. They won't be good man, trust me. You can't have a team with three fuckin SUPERSTARS (although bosh is wack)... the plays just aren't going to work. You have 3 superstars just playing together, and then the rest of the team is old geezers who came out of retirement to win, and some fuckin random unknowns. James, Wade, Bosh.....Joel Anthony... Carlos Arroyo.... Stackhouse? Magloire? James Jones? Did I mention Magloire? The guy who's been commentating on TV for god knows how long? It won't work.

I agree... for the most part. Where I would argue is 3 superstars being together. Spurs have 3 superstars together albeit not megastars like Wade and LeBron (Bosh is a bust - not worthy of a max contract). I also wouldn't consider Boston as 3 superstars althought I would replace KG with Rondo but Ray Ray still has flashes of his old self.

Scuderia
11-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

I agree... for the most part. Where I would argue is 3 superstars being together. Spurs have 3 superstars together albeit not megastars like Wade and LeBron (Bosh is a bust - not worthy of a max contract). I also wouldn't consider Boston as 3 superstars althought I would replace KG with Rondo but Ray Ray still has flashes of his old self.

Not even the same scenario man. The heat have three superstars that NEED the ball to play at their potential, and need to CREATE shots themselves. The spurs (assuming you're talking about manu, duncan, and parker) are a totally differet scenario, they WORK. Duncan has his spot, the low post. Feed it to him when you need a bucket, and you better believe he's hitting that 20 foot banker jumpshot or taking it to the hole. Manu stretches the floor because he's money for 3's, he moves AMAZING without the ball, and is always running the floor and making plays. Parker should've never been an all star in my opinion, can't shoot 3's for shit, just has amazing speed. Point is, they work TOGETHER. If parker has the ball, he can penetrate, draw the double, and kick to duncan for the finish. Or he can penetrate, draw the double, and then kick to manu for the 3. Or he can iso duncan on the block, if he gets doubled, kick it to manu for the 3. I'm sure the Popavich has a million other plays.

The celtics are an even better scenario, and they go to prove that signing as much superstars as you can won't do shit for you. They feed off each other, because they have different talents. Isolation for pierce, he's good in one-on-one situations, he's either going to score or get doubled. If he gets doubled, dish to KG for the finish, OR more importantly kick it to Ray for the 3. Ray shoots 3's, he stretches the floor. KG is a low post beast, boards, blocks, and that precense. Pierce is a scorer who can also stretch the floor, they all serve a different purpose on the team.

The Heat? Idiots. Bosh is a soft ass punk. He has a good jumpshot, and he took a million shots in Toronto. He NEEDED to create plays. All they did in Toronto was give him the ball, and move. He either pulled up for the jumpshot, or took it in. If he missed, too bad. He can't do that in Miami. He can't do that against the real big men in the game, in the playoffs, when it counts, like Gasol, KG, Duncan, Howard, etc. If he can't perform in the clutch, and he can't feed off Lebron and Wade, why's he there? Same with Lebron and Wade. They are the SAME type of players. They are beasts in the open court, they need to CREATE their own plays, and can't be supporting players. When lebron drives and draws a double, he needs to kick it out for a 3 right? Who's waiting for that kick? Wade can't shoot 3's for shit. He can't give it to a big man either, because Bosh is too soft to finish. The only thing the Heat have is 3 isolation players. Their only hope is to keep making one on one plays for Wade and Bron, and run the floor.

sexualbanana
11-19-2010, 01:59 PM

Garnett and Allen came over on the tail ends of their careers. Personally, I think Lebron and Bosh coming over to the Heat in their primes is a cop out.

The Heat's biggest asset is their athleticism, which allows them two luxuries:
1) Open-court situations are basically a foregone conclusion
2) Players who's half-court D isn't really that good (Wade and Bosh) are allowed to gamble and try and steal the ball, knowing that one of the biggest keys to their success will be getting into the open-court, and knowing that there's a stay-at-home defender like Haslem and Anthony to bail them out.

banned3x
11-19-2010, 02:24 PM
_gcIBu8PWtA

banned3x
11-19-2010, 02:35 PM
If they keep playing like that I promise you they will shit on you. PleAse have patents and faith. They just need to buy time. I'm glad they lost those games it helps them tweak there flaws. So they dont choke in the end.
Go Miami Go!

banned3x
11-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Scuderia yeah hi, um yea but can you enlighten me on how oklamhoma beat Boston with out Kevin durant? Yeakthnxbye.

Go raptors!!

LongCity
11-20-2010, 02:09 AM
He's banned haha

banned3x
11-20-2010, 04:07 AM
what why???!!! he was my friend! i have a feeling he is/was scat19 same attitude

LongCity
11-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Miami aren't so hot hahah
Spurs on the other hand :clap:

95teetee
11-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Miami aren't so hot hahah
heard Jim Rome talking about the great Miami Heat today...9-8?
1-7 against teams with winning records? lol

+ apparently Lebron figures he's too good to play for a coach who has never won anything (you know, because of all he's won...like...ummmm...well, there's...ummm)

zxt
11-30-2010, 08:03 AM
I'd say Miami couldn't keep two superstars playing together at the same time.

RY213
12-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Let's talk about how the Lakers have now lost 4 in a row and are 5-5 in their last 10 games! I love it!
Also the Raptors game tonight was awesome! Ed Davis had an impressive debut and Weems, Derozan, Bayless and Bargnani all had awesome games. The bad news is Reggie Evans is out for approx 8 weeks...

J.M.
12-02-2010, 01:16 AM
The Raptors played great tonight for sure. Weems and DeRozan definitely stepped up their performances compared to the last two games versus Boston and Atlanta.

rx7boi
12-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Lebron destroyed the cavs tonight

Jlude
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by rx7boi
Lebron destroyed the cavs tonight

Really wish that didn't happen, but he did play well...

brucebanner
12-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Big moves coming out of the east. Magic trade Lewis for Arenas. The Magic also trading VC, Pietrus, Gortat, 1st round pick and cash to the Suns for Turkoglu, Richardson, and Earl Clark.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18/magic-wizards-trade-rumors/index.html

Wizards trade Gilbert Arenas to Magic for Rashard Lewis By David Aldridge, TNT analyst Posted Dec 18 2010 4:13PM The Washington Wizards and Orlando Magic are close to a trade that will send guard Gilbert Arenas to Orlando in exchange for forward Rashard Lewis, a league source tells TNT's David Aldridge. The proposed trade was expected to be completed Saturday, perhaps before the Wizards played the Miami Heat Saturday evening in Washington and the Magic host the 76ers in Orlando.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18/magic-suns-trade/index.html

Magic continue to remake roster, complete trade with Suns By David Aldridge, TNT analyst Posted Dec 18 2010 3:46PM The Orlando Magic decided not to stand pat on Saturday, blowing up a team with championship aspirations that had been in first place in the Southeast Division for most of the first month of the season. On the same day that the team sent Rashard Lewis to Washington for Gilbert Arenas, Orlando agreed to jettison forwards Vince Carter and Mickael Pietrus, center Marcin Gortat, a future first-round pick and cash to Phoenix for veteran forward Hedo Turkoglu, guard Jason Richardson and second-year center Earl Clark.

I think they are big moves that will make the Magic slightly better as long as the players play they way they can (like turk used to in Orlando) and not the way they are playing this year.

I also hope that this means I'll get to see the VC of old when Nash gets back on the floor as well. :D

pyroza
12-28-2010, 05:02 AM
SO glad the Heat blew out the Lakers on Christmas. Funny how all the Laker fanboys were talking trash the whole preseason and season leading up to the game, then when they lost they automatically reverted to the whole "we have championships and Lebron doesn't" spiel. The Heat are crazy good right now and they can only get better.

LongCity
12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Lakers also got spanked by the Spurs last night with Tim Duncan hardly doing anything (yes, I know he's not as effective as once before but they still run the offence through him sometimes and he still has flashes of his younger self).
Go Spurs Go!

focusdriv3r
02-10-2011, 10:42 PM
http://www.didthecavswinlastnight.com :rofl: :rofl:

Serious note lakers kicked ass!! I hate Boston douchebags.

beecue
02-13-2011, 09:19 PM
:rofl: LeBron does care about Cleveland. Anyone watch the Cleveland Show tonight?

believe
02-19-2011, 07:37 PM
anybody know where to stream the skills comp? its on right now but i dont have tsn2 and adthe.net is no longer running :cry:

beecue
02-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Dude got robbed on free throw dunk, that was sick.

beecue
02-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Melo to Knicks http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-anthonyknicks022111

I don't think it's going to work out well with Stoudemire, they both need the ball.

JordanEG6
02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by beecue
Melo to Knicks http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-anthonyknicks022111

I don't think it's going to work out well with Stoudemire, they both need the ball.

I think it'll work out great. The whole point of Amare's ridiculous 100M contract is to attract players like Melo. Amare is the foundation of something bigger for the Knicks. I'm 100% sure he understands that. He'll get less points but if does his job on the boards and cleans up the paint, they'll have a solid team. Plus with Billups running point for the year is a plus as well.

As for the other trades. LOTS OF MOVEMENT. Which I like and dislike.

Baron Davis to the Cavs for Jamario Moon and Mo Williams. Hahahaha. I'd kill myself if I were Davis, but he hasn't done shit for LA in years under an overpaid contract.

Gerald Wallace for 2 guys and 2 first-round picks?! :banghead:

OKC's trade with Green and Krstic for Nate Robinson and Kendrick Perkins. Not a big fan of the trade, but it will probably work out in favor of OKC. Plus in the long run, it'll leave cap space. I like the idea of taking some of Maynor's minutes and throwing in Nate.

Biggest story IMO is Deron Williams to NJ. Haha wow.

goat_killer
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
How'bout them BULLS?? Awesome game between the Bulls and Heat tonight.

And today's trade deadline was bananas. Second half of the season is gonna be very entertaining

rgr
02-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Awesome game tonight with the bulls.

Did you guys see the bosh flop? fucking hialrious. Hahahaha..

Still kinda mad that the bulls didnt pull the trigger on a sg 2 starter... =T

kinda hoped that they bought out rip ham.

goat_killer
02-25-2011, 09:26 AM
The Bosh flop was really... :poosie: LOL

I would've loved to have seen Rip in a bulls uniform. He'd be a perfect compliment to that squad.

brucebanner
02-25-2011, 09:39 AM
The flop was hilarious. Lots of movement this last week, looking forward to this half of the season.

goat_killer
02-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Great Sunday games yesterday. Both nail biters for the Lakers vs. Thunder and the Heat vs. KNICKS!

beyond_ban
02-28-2011, 06:09 PM
So stoked the knicks ended up pulling it off. I was losing hope before their 16-0 run to end the first half.

focusdriv3r
03-02-2011, 08:16 PM
bibby to heat, how many pg do they need?

urbannomad
03-06-2011, 03:00 PM
DROSE = MVP

focusdriv3r
03-07-2011, 12:12 AM
mike miller should of got traded in stead of carlos.

and carlos to celtics? in yo face heat! haahhah

goat_killer
03-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Miami Heat= :poosie:

The Big 3 should look into getting an endorsement deal w/ Kleenex w/ all the tears they've been crying

JordanEG6
03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
This weekend was full of win:

Spurs > Miami (30 pts LOL)
Lakers > Spurs
Chi > Miami (thrice LOL)

http://i51.tinypic.com/2i6hsms.jpg
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4639815/So-then-Lebron-grabbed-my-arm-and-said-See-you-in-the-Finals.jpg

focusdriv3r
03-07-2011, 05:42 PM
thats mean, i hope they get super angry and shit on everybody!
remember when lakers was on a losing streak couple weeks back everyone made fun of them now they are on a stupid 7game streak and think they are hot shit? w.e. just wait when they open there eyes and destroy everyone.

JordanEG6
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by focusdriv3r
...just wait when they open there eyes and destroy everyone.

:rofl: :rofl:

How exactly? Because they have Bosh, Wade and JeBron Lames?

They're 60+ games deep and still can't find an offense that works. I don't even wanna get into the flaws that team has a whole. You can only go so far with 2 guys driving to the basket on transition and 1 dude sitting by the side waiting for a pass to jack up elbow shots if Bron and Wade can't slash or shoot.

focusdriv3r
03-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
This weekend was full of win:

Spurs > Miami (30 pts LOL)
Lakers > Spurs
Chi > Miami (thrice LOL)

Miami>Lakers

kobe was showing miami how to take a loss.

bball2
03-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Miami>Lakers

Something interesting I read over at Basketbawful:

"By now you've all seen the damning stats. Miami is 5-13 (.278) in games decided by five points or less. And they've gone 1-for-18 (.055) in the final 10 seconds to win or tie a game this season. That is, by far, the worst crunch-time conversion percentage in the Association."

JordanEG6
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM

Miami>Lakers

Miami got a slice of humble pie, made a few sacrifices, utilized their bench, Bosh played his natural low post. Thats how Miami needs to play to make wins. Not an easy win, but none the less LA and Kobe played like shit IMO.

I don't hate MIA, but if they want to win, they have to stop whining like bitches, stay off Twitter, shut up and play. That's all they need to do. The Miami that played last night isn't the Miami that's been struggling since the All Star Break.

focusdriv3r
03-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I think there trolls like Charlie, they live off negative attention lol. When everyone is praising them they fuck up on purpose to get as much negative attention to get them off and come back as the villains and destroy every living thing to oblivion. Like Lebron said they can lose every game till the playoffs and still be good lol.

focusdriv3r
03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Haha did u see barkleys rant?

focusdriv3r
03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Y7YO13zMbDA

He called them little girls lol

JordanEG6
03-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I think there trolls like Charlie, they live off negative attention lol. When everyone is praising them they fuck up on purpose to get as much negative attention to get them off and come back as the villains and destroy every living thing to oblivion. Like Lebron said they can lose every game till the playoffs and still be good lol.

Sarcasm? Or joking? :dunno:

If not, do you really believe that? Fuck up on purpose?! You think Riley and Spoelstra would allow their team to "fuck up on purpose", lose momentum and risk a comfortable seed in the EC? JUST to get negative feedback and go hard later as villains? This isn't Wrestling.

I don't think they're arrogant and cocky enough to sandbag half way through the season just for negative publicity. They aren't THAT good. Yeah okay, stick 3 all-stars together in one team and it'll look great on paper. But other than last night, the team has shown very little chemistry. Even last night was a little shaky.

Remember, because of that terrible 5 game stretch, they are now 3rd. Which means they face NY. The Knicks, JUST put together recently with developing chemistry, have already have won most of their games with Billups and Melo in the line up. They have better half court offense than Miami.

Even if the Heat get past New York, Chicago and Boston are no picnic's either as both teams are undefeated against Miami. And for the Finals, even if the Lakers don't make it, San Antonio or Dallas will.

No ring this year for them.

Y7YO13zMbDA

He called them little girls lol

Because they are?! Who cries after losing?

Honestly, Lebron gets the media hyped up on his "Decision" on national TV. Then the Heat, BEFORE STARTING CAMP, run a pyro-heavy pep rally and declare 7 championships and assume it's going "to be easy" and trample all over everyone in the League.

Then they start losing and begin crying in the locker room like a bunch of babies because things aren't going their way? Please.

What Chuck is saying is 100% true. Chris Webber said the same thing. So did Stan Van Gundy.

The Heat need to shut the fcuk up, man up, get off Twitter and just play basketball.

Again, I don't hate the Heat, but they are handling situations very poorly this season and PRE season

LongCity
03-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Crying over regular season games - pussies!
Don't like Bosh but do like LeBron (sometimes) and I like Wade but for some reason every time I watch them I want them to lose. Probably just their arrogance, though.

Lastly, as of now, New York sucks! hahah

brucebanner
04-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Playoffs starting soon, bulls might end up taking over #1 in the league. Rose played awesome again today.

Saket
04-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by bruceod
Playoffs starting soon, bulls might end up taking over #1 in the league. Rose played awesome again today.

Naww no matter what happens, it will still be the lakers that take it come june. The bulls are great, but they are going to have to go up against either the heat or the celts in semi's... and I know they blew out heat regular season, and that would be an even matchup, but if its the celts, in a 7 game series it would be a very hard round for them.
and then there is still the lakers... Might have lost on sunday, but by that time they will be dominating once more

freshprince1
06-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Wow, no updates since April?

I was pissed last night because I turned the game off with like 8 minutes to go...I couldn't bear to watch Miami win it with their attitudes...I thought they had it in the bag. Then I heard Dirk turned it around in the last few minutes, owned Bosh and the Mav's won!?

I love Dirk.

beyond_ban
06-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I missed it too :( and ya Dirk is the man. Even if the Heat win (i think it is likely, although i'd prefer ANYONE else to win) i think Dirk deserves playoff MVP. He has been Mr. Clutch this entire post season.

Anton
06-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Great latter part of the game yesterday. I dislike Dirk but he's a fantastic player.

I hope Kidd gets a ring, loved him back in the NJ days. Realistically, I'm still sure the Heat will take it.

lil*tymer
06-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Amazing push by the Mavs, and an even better collapse by Miami. Heading back to D could be huge trouble for the big 2.5. Shitty to see peja doing so bad.

bubbley
06-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Dirk is a beast!

This is like the 4th or 5th time they've been down large in the 4th and came back for a win.

Cannot wait until the next game!

Dirk is always classy for the post game interviews, very humble guy. He deserves a ring!

sexualbanana
06-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by bubbley
Dirk is a beast!

This is like the 4th or 5th time they've been down large in the 4th and came back for a win.

The entire theme of this year's playoffs has been 'How to blow a lead in the dying minutes of a game'

I'm not big on Miami winning this year, but I don't think it was a collapse on their part. The Mavs played really good defense (except for Terry's misplay that led to a Chalmers 3) down the stretch of the game. They forced Miami to take a lot of rushed shots as the shot clock ran down.

What's amazing to me is that the Mavs had a terrible, TERRIBLE, third quarter but still only managed to be down single-digits. This is where I differ from JVG's comments that Miami only needs 2 of the 3 to play well to win, because I think the lack of offense from the other two spots requires that all Wade, James, and Bosh have to play well at the same time in order to truly put teams away.

max_boost
06-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Flash back game 3 of 06 Finals. Karma.

Where do you think it goes from here? :drama:

brucebanner
06-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I did get to see the highlights, I'm a little choked that the Heat lost that game but the Mavs have been playing fantastic this post season and yes, Dirk has been lights out! Without a doubt the best big man shooter ever.

Losing that game and heading to Dallas for the next 3 could be trouble for the heat. Whoever wins game 3 wins the 'ship I think.

As much as I'd like to see Kidd get his ring, I want the Heat to win.

Originally posted by lil*tymer
Shitty to see peja doing so bad.

What do you expect, Peja is and always has been an offensive player, never much more then a shooter even in his Kings days. Defense has never been a strong suit for him.

On to game three!

sexualbanana
06-03-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd be happy if Dirk can win a ring and, for whatever reason, Kidd doesn't

beyond_ban
06-03-2011, 11:35 AM
This is the Mavs last shot at it before what i think will be Heat dominance for a few years. I don't know how someone could dislike Dirk, the guy as humble as they come and most likely the best shooter of all time for someone his size.

sexualbanana
06-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
This is the Mavs last shot at it before what i think will be Heat dominance for a few years. I don't know how someone could dislike Dirk, the guy as humble as they come and most likely the best shooter of all time for someone his size.

It would be great if Dirk got a ring, but I don't think he needs one to cement his place as one of the best shooters/players ever.

He's one of the few people who changed the landscape of the game. He is the reason Europe was strip-mined of all talent in subsequent years.

brucebanner
06-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Sexualbanana - How can you not like Kidd? Phenomenal career (minus the ring), great to watch, just solid all around. Not a good 3pt shooter early on and teams exploit that so what does he do? Become a knock down 3pt shooter. I don't know, I'm a big Kidd fan haha.

I also agree beyond_ban, I really don't know how anyone could dislike Dirk, that's just crazy.

sexualbanana
06-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Btw, I've used this on my fbook, twitter and bbm. Now it's time to officially mint it on beyond:

Teach Me How To Dirkie

sexualbanana
06-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bruceod
Sexualbanana - How can you not like Kidd? Phenomenal career (minus the ring), great to watch, just solid all around. Not a good 3pt shooter early on and teams exploit that so what does he do? Become a knock down 3pt shooter. I don't know, I'm a big Kidd fan haha.

There's not real legit reason for why I don't like him. Just one of those guys that I truly dislike for no reason.

He falls in the same category for me as Tom Brady and Roethlisberger.

They're all talented and very good at what they do. Just something about them annoys me.

brucebanner
06-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Teach me how to Dirkie :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, I know what you're saying about just disliking someone.

Jeremiah
06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
My Fiance doesn't like Dirk because she doesn't like his appearance.

SMDH - but i'm torn on this one, the Mavs have entertained me to no end in the past two series, and the Heat have too.

I hope this goes to Game 7!